2015 battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stjohnh said:
Anyone range tested a 2015 yet?

229km, 70 km to work at 55km/hr avg, 90km home with a detour dropped to 45km/hr avg. From there I drove back roads around my home about 40km/hr avg till 217. 10km more looping a parking lot across the street. At 227 km I got bored, no turtle yet so I looped around for 2km flooring it after every stop sign, about 6 times full throttle 0 to 40km/hr, hit turtle in front of my driveway.

292 Gids.. dang.. what I could do with those extra 60-70 Gids now.
So what are the temperatures like in MA and Ontario these next 4-6 weeks?
It'll be interesting to see if these numbers hold up while it's still warm out.
In my 2012 if I use the vehicle daily with battery temps in the 25-30C range
I would certainly see Ah and Gid degradation in 4-6 weeks...

That is 142 miles, which is really good at any speeds.

I am guessing you were driving at between 30 to 40 mph, which is the speed you get the maximum range.

minispeed said:
stjohnh said:

229km, 70 km to work at 55km/hr avg, 90km home with a detour dropped to 45km/hr avg. From there I drove back roads around my home about 40km/hr avg till 217. 10km more looping a parking lot across the street. At 227 km I got bored, no turtle yet so I looped around for 2km flooring it after every stop sign, about 6 times full throttle 0 to 40km/hr, hit turtle in front of my driveway.

Do you know your efficiency? From what you describe, sounds like you were going slowly all the time. You would have to go slow to get 229km (142mi). FYI, if the 2015 is like the 2013 I have, you will have 5-8 miles before turtle when the last fuel bar disappears.

GregH said:
292 Gids.. dang.. what I could do with those extra 60-70 Gids now.
So what are the temperatures like in MA and Ontario these next 4-6 weeks?
It'll be interesting to see if these numbers hold up while it's still warm out.
In my 2012 if I use the vehicle daily with battery temps in the 25-30C range
I would certainly see Ah and Gid degradation in 4-6 weeks...

It's been cool here all of Aug, we only had our first heat warning day at the end of Aug, 38 with humidity. Right now highs are 23-25 and at night you may need a sweater. The night I did 229km it was as low as 13, I used seat and wheel heat and had a warm shower right after because my toes were cold.

I have leaf spy pro but haven't played with it a lot. If anyone wants any info let me know what info you want.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
stjohnh said:

FWIW, we traveled 70 miles to a QC recently and had 37 miles showing when we got there, nothing faster than 50-55 mph on secondary roads.

If you started at 100%, went on a flat road w good weather, and assuming the GOM is fairly accurate (as it is for steady state driving on my 2013), then that would give about 107 miles. That is about the same as all other new leafs (and as expected since the 2015 battery isn't supposed to have significantly more range).

stjohnh said:
minispeed said:
stjohnh said:

Do you know your efficiency? From what you describe, sounds like you were going slowly all the time. You would have to go slow to get 229km (142mi). FYI, if the 2015 is like the 2013 I have, you will have 5-8 miles before turtle when the last fuel bar disappears.

10.5 km/kwhr

With the 90km return from work trip I choose a poor route, I drove some fun roads that I knew from taking sporty cars out, I knew they would be empty so I could go slow but I didn't realize how inefficient the elevation changes and stop sign placement (many at the bottom of a valley) would make it. I had done 10.2ish going to work at a faster speed. I dropped to 9ish then after 160km was going 40-50km/hr to bring it back up.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Today's warmer than it's been all summer, around 90, but due to be in 70's next week, then who knows? We 'll see.
The fact that you've only lost ~30 Gids in 19k mi / 21 months in your 2012 leads me to believe you're not in a very warm climate..
In SoCal I'm about 22k mi / 18 months on my 2012 and I'm down about ~50 Gids.

Nubo said:
ElectricEddy said:
Does the op have leafspy? What were the kwh available?

Isn't kWh derived from GIDs? If Nissan has changed the meaning of GIDs, owners will likely only discover it slowly and empirically, as they have with previous models/changes.
Yes.
The LEAF does not report kWh. It only reports GIDs. kWh is derived from GIDS by multiplying by a constant.

dm33 said:
Nubo said:
ElectricEddy said:
Does the op have leafspy? What were the kwh available?

Isn't kWh derived from GIDs? If Nissan has changed the meaning of GIDs, owners will likely only discover it slowly and empirically, as they have with previous models/changes.
Yes.
The LEAF does not report kWh. It only reports GIDs. kWh is derived from GIDS by multiplying by a constant.

if that is the case then the displayed pix shows 22.6 kwh available and 292 GIDs. I can show you a pix of 22.7 kwh available and 284 GIDs. my 2013 never read over 284 GIDs and it was one of the last 2013's made (build date Nov 2013)

this does lend credence to a few things; Nissan instrumentation could be better and GIDs do not have a definable value.

Either way; one thing I do know is that specific readings are not to be relied upon to make anything other than general conclusions since they are in fact only general readings

There was a person on this board whose MY2013 maxed out at 292 Gids, however everyone else in 2013 seemed to be in the 284 or 260ish camp.

My LEAF was getting the mid 260s for the 1st month, but broke itself in to a peak of 276, before gradually dropping to 262 in November. Then, once temperatures were steadily below freezing the Gids rocketed to 284.

Once Spring came, Gids dropped suddenly to the mid 260s. Currently 264, the same as 13 months ago when I picked up the car.

I have a 15 and used Leaf stat for an initial reading 2 days after purchase with 183 miles:
GIDS - 292
kwh - 22.63
% cap - 97.17
HX - 88.84
Ahr - 64.38

I'm keeping a log to see where it goes; not sure why HX was so low on the first reading as it was 99.78 the next time, and high 90's ever since. Longest range so far was 100 miles with 12% left at 5.6mi/kwh in high 80's temps.

tifighter said:
I have a 15 and used Leaf stat for an initial reading 2 days after purchase with 183 miles:
GIDS - 292
kwh - 22.63
% cap - 97.17
HX - 88.84
Ahr - 64.38

I'm keeping a log to see where it goes; not sure why HX was so low on the first reading as it was 99.78 the next time, and high 90's ever since. Longest range so far was 100 miles with 12% left at 5.6mi/kwh in high 80's temps.

welcome to the forum. if you facebook, sign up we have Olympia area group or Seattle area

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162442713806531/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your numbers are strange. check my signature, I have been in the 62-63 ahr range for 2½ weeks 4 days ago my ahr/HX was 62.93/96.75 then I had drives of 94.9, 87.4, 96.7, and 111.3 (not on one charge). highest available kwh has been 21.2 and I got up this morning and saw this

Screenshot_2014-09-18-07-42-46 small.jpg

and

Screenshot_2014-09-18-07-43-08 small.jpg

so best I can say is track your numbers daily to get a better idea of trends and keep in mind; my LEAF seems to thrive when its used. I can drop my numbers back into the 62's by simply cutting my driving way back.

Last weekend we took a drive to Seattle in the 2015 Leaf. Comming back from Seattle we drove mostly 70mph against the 30mph wind + rain. Quick charging and driving fast did heat up the battery up to to 9 bars. The second day 100% charge was at 292 GID (I missed the first). I remember that for the 2011 used to take few days and few 100% charges to get the battery back to max GID. It looks like the lizard battery is better.

That was never true for mine. Mine always showed the highest Gid readings right AFTER a QC...

camasleaf said:
I remember that for the 2011 used to take few days and few 100% charges to get the battery back to max GID. It looks like the lizard battery is better.

TomT said:
That was never true for mine. Mine always showed the highest Gid readings right AFTER a QC...

camasleaf said:
I remember that for the 2011 used to take few days and few 100% charges to get the battery back to max GID. It looks like the lizard battery is better.

This was after 4 QCs that brought the temp to 9 bars (just barely because it dropped back to 8 in a few minutes). I never tortured the 2011 this way.

Back