2015 battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only time will tell the long term affect...

camasleaf said:
TomT said:
That was never true for mine. Mine always showed the highest Gid readings on L2 AFTER a QC...
camasleaf said:
I remember that for the 2011 used to take few days and few 100% charges to get the battery back to max GID. It looks like the lizard battery is better.
This was after 4 QCs that brought the temp to 9 bars (just barely because it dropped back to 8 in a few minutes). I never tortured the 2011 this way.

roperld said:
This evening I left my 2012 LEAF at New River Nissan and borrowed a 2015 SL to keep overnight. I drove a typical daily ~15 miles for me and then charged it at home.
I used the Gidding's SOC meter (http://www.wwwsite.com/puzzles/socmeter/) and was surprised to see it read over 104% after a full charge! Does that mean that the new "Lizard" battery is about one kWh higher capacity than the original battery or that the usable battery capacity is about one kWh higher than previously? Was this the case for the 2013 & 2014 batteries?
The calculated range from the % increase when charged worked out to be about 84 miles.
How many miles do you have on that 2015 now?

What is the GID meter showing today ?

Berlino said:
There was a person on this board whose MY2013 maxed out at 292 Gids, however everyone else in 2013 seemed to be in the 284 or 260ish camp.

My LEAF was getting the mid 260s for the 1st month, but broke itself in to a peak of 276, before gradually dropping to 262 in November. Then, once temperatures were steadily below freezing the Gids rocketed to 284.

Once Spring came, Gids dropped suddenly to the mid 260s. Currently 264, the same as 13 months ago when I picked up the car.

That's odd behavior. One would expect GIDs to be at their lowest value when the temps are cold since less energy can be extracted on a cold pack compared to a warm one.

I'm puzzling over my new 2015 showing 268 gids/20.8 kWh at 100%. I thought maybe it was just that the pack isn't very warm (it was 50 F when I took the readings), but your results would suggest otherwise. I won't be a happy camper if my gids tank once Spring rolls around.

apacheguy said:
Berlino said:
There was a person on this board whose MY2013 maxed out at 292 Gids, however everyone else in 2013 seemed to be in the 284 or 260ish camp.

My LEAF was getting the mid 260s for the 1st month, but broke itself in to a peak of 276, before gradually dropping to 262 in November. Then, once temperatures were steadily below freezing the Gids rocketed to 284.

Once Spring came, Gids dropped suddenly to the mid 260s. Currently 264, the same as 13 months ago when I picked up the car.

That's odd behavior. One would expect GIDs to be at their lowest value when the temps are cold since less energy can be extracted on a cold pack compared to a warm one.

I'm puzzling over my new 2015 showing 268 gids/20.8 kWh at 100%. I thought maybe it was just that the pack isn't very warm (it was 50 F when I took the readings), but your results would suggest otherwise. I won't be a happy camper if my gids tank once Spring rolls around.

GID count wasn't that high mostly because I have not done many full charges lately but the first full charge in two weeks and my Hx was 98.79% which is highest in a few months...

Back