December delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay said:
I'm never really sure what the proper etiquette is for popping by...
Anytime you feel like :)

Note to EVNow/other mods: if the links aren't cool, feel free to take them down...its all good, just saw the ABG story mentioned and wanted to clarify. (=
We are cool with links to stories.

evnow said:
Jay said:
I'm never really sure what the proper etiquette is for popping by...
Anytime you feel like :)

Note to EVNow/other mods: if the links aren't cool, feel free to take them down...its all good, just saw the ABG story mentioned and wanted to clarify. (=
We are cool with links to stories.

Alright, thats cool.

You never know what is what. I remember posting 'somewhere' about a story that I had written at GM-Volt.com on someone's blog about what was happening at the Hamtramck facility (where the Volt is being built)... I just thought I was being helpful, but I ended up getting a earful, lol.
---
Same goes for you as well on the other side of the pond EVNow. I really don't care, I figure news is news...and we all want every scrap we can get, and we really all are part of the same family in the end.

See you around my friend.
...and your online way to much,(=

Jay said:
...and your online way to much,(=

LOL. Yes - my online time is inversely proportional to sunny weather here. I should really be out now - I see some glimmer of Sun ....

Jay said:
mwalsh said:
http://green.autoblog.com/2010/09/18/demo-leafs-headed-to-dealers-in-december-cold-weather-package-c/
I'm never really sure what the proper etiquette is for popping by, but Eric @ autoblog picked that story up off of me/us. I was talking to Mark Perry (who is lord of all things LEAF in North America), and he disclosed that dealers would be getting demo cars, the actual quote direct from him was “Certified Dealers will receive one demo unit for local test driving in December”

Unofficially, because I can't get anyone to say otherwise, other than winks and nudges here and there, they are trying to start dropping them the week of December 6th, a couple weeks before orders.

Cheers,
Statik
I'll trust Statik way more than my local dealer, but I did have a long chat with my dealer this morning, and he said something that surprised me. I've been assuming I would get my LEAF in January, since I ordered on Sep 2 and was also a bit slow off the mark back on Apr 20. My dealer said, "Oh, no, I expect your car to arrive the second or third week of December."

I'll admit his explanation was a bit fishy. He claimed Nissan was trying to push as many out the door as possible before Jan 1, so we wouldn't have to wait a year for the tax credit. I'm not sure why Nissan would care that much about how long we have to wait. I can see they would care how long they have to wait on leased cars, but doesn't their fiscal year end on Mar 31? If so, Dec vs. Jan makes no difference to them.

But maybe my order is the first one at his dealership, since he is selling at, not below, MSRP. I didn't think to ask him about that. Is there any chance that being at the front of a short line would give me an advantage over people in a longer line?

planet4ever said:
I'll admit his explanation was a bit fishy. He claimed Nissan was trying to push as many out the door as possible before Jan 1, so we wouldn't have to wait a year for the tax credit. I'm not sure why Nissan would care that much about how long we have to wait. I can see they would care how long they have to wait on leased cars, but doesn't their fiscal year end on Mar 31? If so, Dec vs. Jan makes no difference to them.

Companies pay quarterly taxes and will claim the tax credits when they file.

Well, participating dealerships will each be getting a demo car around the second week of December :) Source: http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/09/10/demo-leafs-coming-this-december/

I'm willing to bet that all CA orders that are already confirmed will be delivered by year end. Perhaps even some that have not been confirmed as well.

EVDRIVER said:
I'm willing to bet that all CA orders that are already confirmed will be delivered by year end. Perhaps even some that have not been confirmed as well.

But some may be Jan., depending on their reservation date. ;)

leaffan said:
EVDRIVER said:

Like I said, I bet everyone that HAS ordered will see the car in Dec.

EVDRIVER said:
leaffan said:
EVDRIVER said:

Like I said, I bet everyone that HAS ordered will see the car in Dec.

I'll take ya up on that. Like I said, some people that have ordered in Sept. and even possibly Aug. may receive it in Jan. because they aren't going by order date, but reservation date/time/region. Some people are going to be surprised when they see 'JAN' as their delivery month. I can hear it now, "But I ordered in early Sept.!"

Speaking of how Nissan will prioritize orders, does anyone know how a home charger installation fits into the picture?

So let's say you were one of the first orders completed in your area and have the simplest buying scenario (local delivery, no trade, cash deal, etc.), if you have no charger installed , will that delay your order? I think my biggest concern at this point for December delivery would be this issue! Phoenix does not even have a map of where any of the public stations will be much less a plan to get local home installations in place. Even us EV project participants are in the dark? No emails, communication, phone call, ???? Ecototality has $100 million in tax payer dollars for Arizona alone. What are they doing? Nissan could be doing everything right, but if people have no way to fast charge their vehicles, they will receive a lot of negative press! Nissan needs to start applying some pressure on Etec to get moving! Otherwise, there really will be no December deliveries other than fleet vehicles and California residents!

I am hoping for Dec delivery because we want the federal tax credit for this year. We also really want to be towards the front of the line for the $5000 CARB money. Time will tell. The Leaf is only our local run-around car and will get about 20-25 miles use a day. No charging issue for us at all.

Back