December delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Apparently, Lance Armstrong is tweeting that he's getting his Leaf next week! :shock:
Did he wait by the computer and reserve early as possible on April 20?
Did he wait patiently for his dashboard to open?
Did he have to call around to get a reasonable price?
Is Lance paying the high price of AV for his home 240v EVSE?

Sorry I am really not impressed by his commitment to the Leaf.
Just a few privaledges along with some endorsement money.

Timaz said:
Speaking of how Nissan will prioritize orders, does anyone know how a home charger installation fits into the picture?

So let's say you were one of the first orders completed in your area and have the simplest buying scenario (local delivery, no trade, cash deal, etc.), if you have no charger installed , will that delay your order? I think my biggest concern at this point for December delivery would be this issue! Phoenix does not even have a map of where any of the public stations will be much less a plan to get local home installations in place.

Dealers are required to have their chargers installed by December 1st. That should give you a charging option of last resort if there is nothing else. And if your dealer doesn't, then you won't have to worry about it anyway....because they won't be allowed to take delivery any cars without installing chargers.

smkettner said:
mwalsh said:
Apparently, Lance Armstrong is tweeting that he's getting his Leaf next week! :shock:
Did he wait by the computer and reserve early as possible on April 20?
Did he wait patiently for his dashboard to open?
Did he have to call around to get a reasonable price?

Sorry I am really not impressed by his commitment to the Leaf.
Just a few privaledges along with some endorsement money.
No .. I think he was unable to do any of those things ... as he was busy riding a bicycle. :lol:

Timaz said:
Speaking of how Nissan will prioritize orders, does anyone know how a home charger installation fits into the picture?

So let's say you were one of the first orders completed in your area and have the simplest buying scenario (local delivery, no trade, cash deal, etc.), if you have no charger installed , will that delay your order? I think my biggest concern at this point for December delivery would be this issue! Phoenix does not even have a map of where any of the public stations will be much less a plan to get local home installations in place. Even us EV project participants are in the dark? No emails, communication, phone call, ???? Ecototality has $100 million in tax payer dollars for Arizona alone. What are they doing? Nissan could be doing everything right, but if people have no way to fast charge their vehicles, they will receive a lot of negative press! Nissan needs to start applying some pressure on Etec to get moving! Otherwise, there really will be no December deliveries other than fleet vehicles and California residents!

If you've been accepted into the EVP, and they haven't contacted you for an assessment, chances are it will be like mine, 'pre-approved, which means they will install your EVSE about two weeks before delivery.

Leaffan this is great to hear. Will feel a little bit better though when I get something from them with an installation date? You know what I mean?

So far, this is all pretty much like Warfare. Months of boredom followed by seconds of terror as you try to find-open-answer an eMail the fastest!

I'm not sure why people think deliveries are by reservation date, that makes no sense. Once you order that sets the que for your delivery date and about a month later it should generate a production date (not delivery date). If deliveries/production were by reservation date it could not work. Too many reservationists are sitting on orders that are not finalized, you could have a reservation and sit on it for a month and a later reservation could have already ordered, it would be too difficult logistically to arrange by reservation because of this fact and unfair to those who place a firm order. My guess is that 25-30% of reservations will turn into actual US orders by Q1 so there should be plenty of cars available, by year end perhaps 30-40%. I would quess that about a thousand or so cars make it to CA in Dec if all goes well with production and shipping, not likely more.

Well, reservation time does influence when your dashboard opens to RAQ, then order time dictates production queue and delivery time. So, reservation time is a factor, albeit indirectly. (I know you knew this EVDRIVER - just clarifying for those who aren't clear on the process :) )

johnr said:
Well, reservation time does influence when your dashboard opens to RAQ, then order time dictates production queue and delivery time. So, reservation time is a factor, albeit indirectly. (I know you knew this EVDRIVER - just clarifying for those who aren't clear on the process :) )

Yes, influences but doe not dictate the order. Correct.

Evdriver,

I have thought for some time that order date will queue production date and ultimately delivery of vehicles. You are speaking my language although others on here are convinced their original reservation date and time will miraculously produce them a car this year !

Any thoughts on delivery numbers in Dec. For others stated besides CA?

Timaz said:
Evdriver,

I have thought for some time that order date will queue production date and ultimately delivery of vehicles. You are speaking my language although others on here are convinced their original reservation date and time will miraculously produce them a car this year !

Any thoughts on delivery numbers in Dec. For others stated besides CA?

Correct. As far as outside of CA, I have no idea.

garygid said:
But, Nissan has said that Reservation sequence and Address (rollout area) will determine manufacturing sequence, NOT the RAQ or Order date.

That is a very subjective statement. There is no way to promise that because of consumer behavior, needs an ***

garygid said:
But, Nissan has said that Reservation sequence and Address (rollout area) will determine manufacturing sequence, NOT the RAQ or Order date.

Gary, if you could point us to your source, that would answer a lot of questions for a lot of people. I have poured through pretty much every Nissan press release and have not found this information. Thanks!

LEAFguy said:
garygid said:

Gary, if you could point us to your source, that would answer a lot of questions for a lot of people. I have poured through pretty much every Nissan press release and have not found this information. Thanks!

Sometimes the CS people say this and sometimes they don't. There is quite a bit of conflicting info but I would guess that by mid October we will possibly have more info.

LEAFguy said:
garygid said:

No one really knows how they're doing it unless you're sitting in the factory and back-trace each order to when it was RAQ'd, reserved, emailed, etc.

I'm positive that come physical delivery time for the first batch, there will be someone who reserved late, RAQ'd late, etc., and still gets their car before someone who reserved first, RAQ'd first, etc. Nissan has a general process for how they're handling this, but a LOT goes into it, and in the end, I think worrying over this point is a mental exercise in futility. :cool:

I've started a poll on this.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1333

Continue the discussion in that thread.

EVDRIVER said:
I'm not sure why people think deliveries are by reservation date, that makes no sense. Once you order that sets the que for your delivery date and about a month later it should generate a production date (not delivery date). If deliveries/production were by reservation date it could not work. Too many reservationists are sitting on orders that are not finalized, you could have a reservation and sit on it for a month and a later reservation could have already ordered, it would be too difficult logistically to arrange by reservation because of this fact and unfair to those who place a firm order. My guess is that 25-30% of reservations will turn into actual US orders by Q1 so there should be plenty of cars available, by year end perhaps 30-40%. I would quess that about a thousand or so cars make it to CA in Dec if all goes well with production and shipping, not likely more.

I'm going to have to disagree with you EVDRIVER on a couple of points: The reason I'm saying it is by reservation date/time/market because THAT is what the Sup at Nissan's CS said, EVP, and dealers. Now, where are you getting your info that it is any different? I've yet to see anything backing it up except conjecture. And as far as being fair, let's talk about fairness: I received my email at 2:55 MST (that's PDT to you) and reserved around 3 PM, not much later than some CA people. However, because I took the eTec questionnaire on their website in Nov., '09, I didn't see the need to do it again. So with all the mixups, the bottom line was that Nissan 'thought' that I didn't want to be in the EVP, so based on that, I received a late Sept. order date, which wasn't fair, but it wasn't Nissan's fault. EVP never communicated about my 'approval' of the EVP. I've been assured many times by all three sources that my order date will NOT affect my delivery date because it will be based on reservation date/time/market. There are quite a few customers in a similar situation. So I don't want to hear that it wouldn't be fair to jump in front of some other customers just because I had to order later based on errors and mixups.

Back