December delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This the first time Nissan has sold cars in this way. There are bound to be errors and mix-ups. There were and are definate errors and mix ups in the LEAF ordering process. My friend who lives 5 miles from me put his order in on 04/46/10 just like me. I ordered my LEAF 09/01/10 and he still has not. Both of us are not EVP people. My friend had the AV assessment done a week or two before me. The only difference my friend and I is that we oredered different LEAF models!

I spoke to Nissan last week. They told me that LEAF production starts in October- SO I am confident to more about delivary in October some time! Maybe Halloween!?!?!? OOOOOHHHHAAAAA!

JPC2822 said:
I spoke to Nissan last week. They told me that LEAF production starts in October- SO I am confident to more about delivary in October some time! Maybe Halloween!?!?!? OOOOOHHHHAAAAA!

The transit time is at least a month. If a car is produced on Oct 1 it does not get sent to a ship one at a time so there will be a delay until some are made. I would doubt that any cars arrive in Oct and more likely end Nov/Dec.

EVDRIVER said:
The transit time is at least a month. If a car is produced on Oct 1 it does not get sent to a ship one at a time so there will be a delay until some are made. I would doubt that any cars arrive in Oct and more likely end Nov/Dec.

From Japan to the West Coast? Nah. It takes 30 days from Southampton to Port Hueneme, and that requires a Panama Canal transit. 14 days from any point in Japan to Long Beach, tops.

I said that hopefully my LEAF will BEGIN production in October not that it would be ready and shipped in October. I am excited that the LEAFs are being made for all who were lucky to be the first ones in October! Sad we have to wait so long! Even more sad for those who have to wait until 2011 and 2012...

mwalsh said:
EVDRIVER said:

From Japan to the West Coast? Nah. It takes 30 days from Southampton to Port Hueneme, and that requires a Panama Canal transit. 14 days from any point in Japan to Long Beach, tops.

It's 30 days TRANSIT time, there is more than on-ship time. Many logistics are involved and the average transit time is 30 days, transit includes customs, dock time, prep, transfers, etc. It's not a cruise.

I honestly think It'll be at least a year after the tennessee plant comes online before nissan can even come close to meeting the demand.

Hopefully i will be the wrong With other viable EV options helping to aliviate the market demand

DaveinOlyWA said:
I honestly think It'll be at least a year after the tennessee plant comes online before nissan can even come close to meeting the demand.

Hopefully i will be the wrong With other viable EV options helping to aliviate the market demand

Worldwide, perhaps early on. US, not so sure. I bet that out of the 20K US reservations that about 30-35% become actual orders averaged out for the year. That's a healthy hit rate for a launch like this in the US, 50% being excellent.

Timaz said:
Tronz , how did you like your test drive?

Our test drive is Oct 9 at the Anaheim Auto Show. Still a couple weeks off. A bunch of people on here will be test driving on the WestSide in a few days. I am sure we will get reports very soon after.

I just found out that I have a delivery date for my car. :D The only problem is, I don't know if the information is for public consumption yet. Plus I found out about it through a third party. A reputable third party mind you, but I'm wondering if I should confirm it first, before blurting it out. Would you like to know anyway?

mwalsh said:
I just found out that I have a delivery date for my car. :D The only problem is, I don't know if the information is for public consumption yet. Plus I found out about it through a third party. A reputable third party mind you, but I'm wondering if I should confirm it first, before blurting it out. Would you like to know anyway?

Sure, why not?

mwalsh said:
I just found out that I have a delivery date for my car.<snip> Would you like to know anyway?
Please, we're all about rumor and speculation here - of course we want to know. :lol:

mwalsh said:
Someone from Plug in America pm'd me to offer his congratulations.

Supposedly our dealers are starting to get delivery dates for us already, but I haven't called mine to verify the information yet.
Cool. That's exciting. Hope your dealer can confirm that. An early-Dec date is sooner than some speculated.

Back