Delivery date - 01/05/11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, pending. Hoping it is a good sign - mine changed today also.

Man, it's getting harder by the day to sit on my hands! (typing is definitely harder) :)

Good news and bad news....The good news is that my PD told me today that my car is "at the port", but they don't expect to receive the car until January...While I'm very happy about that, it does mean another year on the tax credit....

Randy

A week ago mine did say pending and I was able to select a different color even though I did not change it my question is any pending people see the same?

Gonewild said:
A week ago mine did say pending and I was able to select a different color even though I did not change it my question is any pending people see the same?
Mine has always been pending and I can still edit the color

Randy said:
Good news and bad news....The good news is that my PD told me today that my car is "at the port", but they don't expect to receive the car until January...While I'm very happy about that, it does mean another year on the tax credit....

Randy
FYI...If you have a VIN, then you could buy before month's end and still be able to get your 'tax-credit'. As long as you 'contract' on your LEAF by 12/31/2010. Your "PD" should be able to do this for you...it's really not a big deal unless, your ETA is alot further out than your PD is willing to contract/sell you, reason being; if you finance, or lease it (with a VIN) within December you'll be on the clock for making payments on it. Some dealers won't do this unless the a vehicles' delivery is absolutely imminent.

Is the $7500 in any danger of going away? It's locked in for all 2011 purchases, right?

Here's an idea......why don't they change the accounts for those of us with cars coming to something more positive than "pending". Like "imminent" for example. Still non-specific, but indicating near or at-hand. While pending means not yet decided, confirmed, or finished. :?

My dashboard still says "Month of January 2011", but my CarWings tab was enable as of this morning (Yeah!) :p So I got it all set up. Took some time due to a couple of minor hiccups.

My dashboard had gone from Dec2010 before early November, then Jan2011, and a couple of weeks ago very briefly (a day or so ?) to "Pending" then back to Jan2011. Now I have a VIN, but still Jan2011.

So, a question for the lucky ones: how long did it take between your car's color being locked (no EDIT link on Nissan's site) and actual delivery?

well mine went from pending to deliveries between Jan 14th?? to as late as Jan 22nd i think. and now its pending again.

so now we have people who are getting to another stage, so you must be getting yours within a week i am guessing and i am not.

*sigh*

i can wait...i say that thinking i have a choice and it does not seem to make me feel any better

mwalsh said:
Here's an idea......why don't they change the accounts for those of us with cars coming to something more positive than "pending". Like "imminent" for example. Still non-specific, but indicating near or at-hand. While pending means not yet decided, confirmed, or finished. :?
The reason they put it as "pending" is simple. That is when the software locks carwings - which they want to do to test that feature.

To put it mildly - the dashboard was not thought through end-to-end when they designed it.

LEAFer said:
My dashboard still says "Month of January 2011", but my CarWings tab was enable as of this morning (Yeah!) :p So I got it all set up. Took some time due to a couple of minor hiccups.

My dashboard had gone from Dec2010 before early November, then Jan2011, and a couple of weeks ago very briefly (a day or so ?) to "Pending" then back to Jan2011. Now I have a VIN, but still Jan2011.

Congrats! What is the secret???

TRONZ said:
Congrats! What is the secret???
Not 100% sure. But I called in to chat several times (3 or 4?) over last 7 weeks, met 2 Product Planning execs at Petaluma on 12/11 at first delivery (and left them with my dealer's screenshot). Per chat a few days ago an INTERNAL escalation had occured on 12/14. Chat agreed that having been that early in line puzzled them ... I should have been much further along in the process (what I have been saying all along). And then, voila, today's enabling of CarWings.

If you don't have an owner's account yet at nissanusa.com, get it set up even if your CarWings is not enabled. Don't add the LEAF manually ... it will appear in conjunction with CarWings getting "unclogged" ... at least that's how it happened for me. YMMV.

(Check my other posts today ... must be a dozen or so in several threads.)

Edit: TWO dozen posts today ... I checked :)

Back