ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to see a thread like this (had always wanted to start one). So, I took a walk over to the (Encinitas) lot across from where the E.V. plaza is planned. Ya, I think the Prius folks think they're eligible for an "honorary" pass.
IMAG3591cr.jpg
They were gone when I got back (farmers market occupying the other half of the lot) so, whatever.

NB: That's a Prius v (wagon); it doesn't plug in. I forget we aren't all former hybrid drivers.

I don't really begrudge any plug-in from charging, but many of 'em ought not to need much charging time. You know, if the PIP has a 5 kWh battery and it could use the quick charger (50kW), they'd be done in like six minutes! That's a fillup!

TimLee said:
mwalsh said:
gaswalla said:
Mr Chung left his version of events here... http://priuschat.com/threads/furious-and-ignorant-nissan-leaf-driver.128818/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr. Chung is a jackass.
Well, at least in his later post, he did make the following acknowledgement: "My mistake was to leave my car there while I went to search internet about this charging station and got my boxes."
So he did finally acknowledge that he had been ignorant in parking there thinking that it was an L2 EVSE that he could charge his plug-in Prius at, and had made a mistake in leaving his car there.
But he never did the correct thing and apologize.
So his overall behaviour does indicate he is at a least a bit of what you stated he is.

Yeah, even though he did become more conciliatory (after being outed), he never did explain away his initial bald-faced lie

I went to drive away my PIP after charging...
[emphasis added]

And STILL felt the need to get in a "my car is better than yours" dig at the end of his "apology".

I am glad that I got my PIP so I don't have any range-anxiety problems. If other cars occupied the EV spot, I can always use gas to go anywhere else with the best gas MPG in the market. Also, I can find gas stations everywhere, if the gas is low.

I noticed quite a few posts over at PriusChat in that thread that go beyond attacking the alleged attitude of the Leaf driver, but also mock our "range anxiety" and how they as Prius drivers don't have any :roll: Never mind that the Leaf driver was already plugged in and charging at another port.

Kudos to cwerdna (and perhaps other Prius owners from this forum) for helping to set the record straight and basically telling the OP he was out of line with his thread. Otherwise those same folks would continue to dismiss us, claiming we are operating under the influence of range anxiety, even if the photo proves that PiP owner was in the wrong for parking there.

attachment.php

EVDRIVER said:
Seems like the hood is now unlocked ;)
Yep.. I think when he got back to his car, the spark plug wires would somehow have been swapped around. I bet his engine would run really nice that way.

adric22 said:
EVDRIVER said:
Yep.. I think when he got back to his car, the spark plug wires would somehow have been swapped around. I bet his engine would run really nice that way.

But you gotta leave a note too: "Thanks for making it so I couldn't get home tonight. I've done the same for you".

ILETRIC said:
It's so bad as to appear photoshopped.

Staged maybe, but it doesn't look 'shopped to me. Or at least not a "hack and slash" photoshop job. The shadows, view of the leaf and parking lot through the windshield, reflections of the clouds on the hood and the trees on the drivers side windows and roof all look realistic to me.

adric22 said:
EVDRIVER said:

Yeah, any number of ways to have had some fun with that driver. ICE cars are such vulnerable beasts. :twisted: :lol:

I prefer to have language that says how EV drivers can get stranded and not make it home, etc. Many people think an EV is a hybrid and do not understand the full impact. In addition, I like the stickers that go on the window that do not come off easily.

TomT said:
No more so than the under-hood of an EV... There is a lot of damage you can do there!

Nubo said:
Yeah, any number of ways to have had some fun with that driver. ICE cars are such vulnerable beasts. :twisted: :lol:
Not so with the Tesla S - unless, of course, the perpetrator is willing to rip out trunk or frunk liner panels. ;)

Back