Nissan LEAF - Buy the right to purchase my LEAF from me

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPVLeaf

I guess it was just a matter of time. An interesting new market develops with the help of Ebay. I'm sure the freeze in reservation-taking by Nissan could help this seller.

The Starting price is $999.00. But, it can be had for a Buy-it-Now price of $2,250. The final bid, if any, will give some indication if there is a market for this ... at least at this early stage. It is interesting that the Ebay buyer is registered in NY, but the description indicates that the LEAF registration is for FL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...542679&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

BTW, a few things in the description write-up are curious, including the Nov/Dec 2010 delivery date. I thought FL was in the 3rd wave of roll-outs (around April 2011?).

Nissan LEAF - Model SV

* Nissan navigation system
* BlueTooth™ hands-free phone system
* cruise control
* regenerative braking system
* 16" alloy wheels

I pre-reserved my LEAF with Glacier Pearl exterior during the first week reservations were being taken (on 4/20/10). I have a confirmed reservation. My reservation is set up for delivery in Florida. Expected delivery timeframe is November or December 2010. Delivery time is dependent upon Nissan.

I have recently bought a Prius, so I won't need the LEAF. I am keeping my reservation though, and will be taking delivery of my vehicle when it is ready. This auction is not for the vehicle itself, it is for the right to purchase my LEAF from me on the day I take delivery. Win this auction, and I will let you have the LEAF minutes after I purchase and take delivery of it (I won't drive it - you can meet me at the dealership to complete the paperwork and make payment - it will then be yours). The payment that you make on that day will be the total cost I paid for the vehicle, plus a $750 transfer fee.

Please ask all questions prior to bidding. Your bid is your bond. Please do not bid unless you know that you will be able to make the purchase payment at the time of delivery (projected at $33,500). Thank you.

For more information on the LEAF, visit: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index#/leaf-electric-car/index

But, if he were in California and had an early delivery date .... Now, that would make this ad little more interesting ... and a little less weird. :cool:

mwalsh said:
...and a little less delusional! :lol:
Agreed. But, oddities and description errors aside :roll: , wouldn't this be one way for Mr/Ms. 'Rollout Rant', for example, to get his/her car earlier albeit at additional cost. After all, he can't get one from a Dealer since if he has an 'inappropriate' billing address.

You can not pick the color on the date he said on 4/20/2010 he reserved and pick white that is the First Lie.

The photo in the ad is silver not white. Second Lie

He is just one of many scammer on ebay.

EVDRIVER said:
How will this person guarantee the reservation transfer, good luck.

He isn't selling the reservation, he is selling the actual car "meet me at the dealership to complete the deal", the buyer of the reservation is going to basiclly pay the dealer, and have it put in the name of the buyer of the reservation, when completing the paperwork at the Nissan dealer... The Leaf reservation holder is essentialy never going to take possesion of the car, but transfer it on purchase (with the buyer paying for everything)

mitch672 said:
EVDRIVER said:

He isn't selling the reservation, he is selling the actual car "meet me at the dealership to complete the deal", the buyer of the reservation is going to basiclly pay the dealer, and have it put in the name of the buyer of the reservation, when completing the paperwork at the Nissan dealer... The Leaf reservation holder is essentialy never going to take possesion of the car, but transfer it on purchase (with the buyer paying for everything)
Is the dealer allowed to do that? Is the dealer on board with it? I suppose the dealer contact to verify the deal has been omitted.

mitch672 said:
EVDRIVER said:

That would make him an auto-broker. I hope he has a license for that.

The way I read it, the E-bay seller is saying he will take delivery and pay the dealer for the car, then immediately re-sell to the successful bidder at MSRP +750 + the bid price for the right to the transaction. This would appear to be legal and could not be blocked by the dealer.
Quote:
I will let you have the LEAF minutes after I purchase and take delivery of it (I won't drive it - you can meet me at the dealership to complete the paperwork and make payment - it will then be yours).
unquote.

But if that is the method, the E-bay seller would be eligible for the Federal tax credit, not the bidder. The bidder is buying a used car.

Looks like an incredibly bad deal for the bidder.

Actually I did pass on the opportunity to buy an 'orphaned' Leaf for MSRP + $800.

Paying a premium for a car outfitted with options I wouldn't want, and then having to pay to transport it was a bridge too far, even for me. :cool:

charlie1300 said:
The way I read it, the E-bay seller is saying he will take delivery and pay the dealer for the car, then immediately re-sell to the successful bidder at MSRP +750 + the bid price for the right to the transaction. This would appear to be legal and could not be blocked by the dealer.
Quote:
I will let you have the LEAF minutes after I purchase and take delivery of it (I won't drive it - you can meet me at the dealership to complete the paperwork and make payment - it will then be yours).
unquote.

But if that is the method, the E-bay seller would be eligible for the Federal tax credit, not the bidder. The bidder is buying a used car.

Looks like an incredibly bad deal for the bidder.
In CA the buyer would then owe sales tax again to transfer ownership.

Back