Nissan LEAF - Buy the right to purchase my LEAF from me

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
You can not pick the color on the date he said on 4/20/2010 he reserved and pick white that is the First Lie.
I picked the color of my car when I reserved it...

mwalsh said:
Yes, but that was in August or later. We didn't even know what the colors were going to be in April.

No - on 4/20 we selected the colors. We could start changing them later ...

Please see the photos I've just added to my auction as proof for those who are so certain that I haven't actually reserved what I say I have reserved.

I stand corrected but I stand by my "he is a scamer on ebay still". He only puts april date not August or anything current.

Gonewild said:
I reported him to ebay as a fraud listing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great job Gonewild. You were wrong (and now proven wrong) in your accusations, and now you've stuck your nose into someone else's business affairs, (that didn't involve you in any way).

Gonewild said:
I stand corrected but I stand by my "he is a scamer on ebay still". He only puts april date not August or anything current.
I think it's a bit strong to call him a 'scammer'. I think some details need to be clarified though, including 'reservation' completed vs. 'order' completed. That is one big step that needs to be completed before delivery can occur and any kind of meeting at a dealer. But, I think this is more a matter of misinformation on his part, not intentional scamming. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. ;)

JPVLeaf said:
Gonewild said:
I think it's a bit strong to call him a 'scammer'. I think some details need to be clarified though, including 'reservation' completed vs. 'order' completed. That is one big step that needs to be completed before delivery can occur and any kind of meeting at a dealer. But, I think this is more a matter of misinformation on his part, not intentional scamming. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. ;)

Thank you JPVLeaf. I appreciate the benefit of the doubt.

cp101 said:
jpvleaf said:
I think some details need to be clarified though, including 'reservation' completed vs. 'order' completed. That is one big step that needs to be completed before delivery can occur and any kind of meeting at a dealer. But, I think this is more a matter of misinformation on his part, not intentional scamming. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. ;)
I appreciate the benefit of the doubt.
No worries. We were all newbies at one time. Some still are, myself included.

You might, however, want to read up on the reservation-to-order-to-delivery process, either on this forum or elsewhere. That might save you some misunderstanding (headaches) with an eventual bidder with regard to your offer. As to whether the nature of your Ebay listing is legit (with some clarifications), I have no idea. Others can answer that better than I can. But, if you find a willing buyer, either on Ebay, or off, good for you.

cp101 said:
Please see the photos I've just added to my auction as proof for those who are so certain that I haven't actually reserved what I say I have reserved.

I saw the new pics...none say anything about an actual order. To remove all doubters, show the screen from your dashboard that says "Order your Nissan Leaf: COMPLETE" Otherwise, you have a reservation and not an actual order. They're two different things.

Screenshot2010-10-29at10250PM.png

I'm holding off on processing the order until I know someone will purchase what I buy. If I have no takers, then I don't want to be allocated the vehicle.

Jimmydreams said:
I saw the new pics...none say anything about an actual order. To remove all doubters, show the screen from your dashboard that says "Order your Nissan Leaf: COMPLETE" Otherwise, you have a reservation and not an actual order. They're two different things.

Its actually better for the eBay bidder, because now he/she can select the color and all options for the car. If somebody wanted a car from the first wave and did not already have a reservation, this might be a good way to go. It will also be late enough that you could order the car with the cold climate package if you lived in a northern climate. I imagine that the FL reservation should be able to order the car in April 2011.

Following that initial wave, the machine will be sent to Texas and Hawaii in January 2011. Next up will be North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Alabama in April 2011. The rest of the nation will see their Leafs beginning in the fall of 2011 with availability in all markets nationwide by the end of that year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/27/nissan-announces-leaf-rollout-plans-8-year-battery-warranty/

I appreciate the guidance on info that I did not have. I will update my listing with that information. Thank you PalmerMD.

Best,
CP101

cp101 said:
I'm holding off on processing the order until I know someone will purchase what I buy. If I have no takers, then I don't want to be allocated the vehicle.

If you haven't ordered yet, you won't see delivery of your car until mid 2011 at the EARLIEST. Make sure your 'buyer' knows this.

palmermd said:
Jimmydreams said:

Its actually better for the eBay bidder, because now he/she can select the color and all options for the car. If somebody wanted a car from the first wave and did not already have a reservation, this might be a good way to go. It will also be late enough that you could order the car with the cold climate package if you lived in a northern climate. I imagine that the FL reservation should be able to order the car in April 2011.

Following that initial wave, the machine will be sent to Texas and Hawaii in January 2011. Next up will be North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Alabama in April 2011. The rest of the nation will see their Leafs beginning in the fall of 2011 with availability in all markets nationwide by the end of that year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/27/nissan-announces-leaf-rollout-plans-8-year-battery-warranty/
So the winner could expect delivery in the April/May 2011 timeframe. Too long a wait for me. Not worth $999 for this privilege.

cp101 said:

You may have reserved one, but there is NO way you will get delivery in Dec. or Jan., 2010. So that is a BIG misstatement. If you're in FL or anywhere else except the other seven roll out states, that is the third wave, which will be sometime at the earliest in 2011...probably middle to late 2011.

All the items that some folks were having hissy-fits over have been clarified in the auction.

Thank you to those "positive/friendly" forum members who offered genuine help and information.

To those who were so incredibly fast to condemn . . . . no comment.

cp101 said:
All the items that some folks were having hissy-fits over have been clarified in the auction.
cp101, you basically have a very late reservation in a state which will not see Leaf for a long time. People like me who ordered within minutes of receiving the mail on Apr/20th and ordered on Sep 1st will only get the car in Jan.

You are in a state where you won't even be allowed to order till sometime in 2011. After that you have to jumpt through lot of hoops about getting a charging dock installed in your home - assessments, estimates, waivers etc.

The below quote in the aution is patently false. Delivery timeframe is NOT projected to be between November 2010 and early 2011. The correct projection is sometime late in 2011.

My reservation is set up for delivery in Florida. Delivery timeframe is projected to be between November 2010 and early 2011. Delivery time is dependent upon Nissan.
Then, you have the problems with federal tax credit. Are you planning to get that $7,500 for yourself and hope the actual buyer won't notice ? You should atleast mention that in the auction - since Nissan's site you linked to talks about that $7,500 credit.

So, no, people aren't throwing "hissy-fits". You are just refusing to acknowledge your ignorance. Like below.

cp101 said:
You are not "holding off" on the order. Nissan will not let you order. Did you even get the mail about when you can order ?

After knowing all this - if you continue the auction without mentioning all these caveats - I think ebay will pull the auction. Your choice.

Back