Nissan LEAF - Buy the right to purchase my LEAF from me

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
JPVLeaf said:
Something tells me there are many other such opportunists as part of the 20,000 reservationists. Opportunists, yes. Enthusiasts, maybe not so much.
I think most such people will be in the later part of that 20K reservation. I doubt any of them will actually get any money finally - considering all the hoops through which they need to go through ...
I agree. When I asked his ordering status, he repeated more than once that he had already ordered ... more than a year ago. :eek: After some probing, it turned out he had essentially (only) signed up on the Nissan website a year ago, couldn't recall when he had placed the $99 reservation, and wasn't sure if/when he received the email on his ordering month and/or the email that he was able to order. (Yes, there are people that don't check email several times a day! ) After all that during my brief conversation with him, I will be very surprised if he ever ends up following through on the order. Yet, he represents one of those 20k ... that will more likely not end up as a Conversion.

JPVLeaf said:
evnow said:
JPVLeaf said:
Something tells me there are many other such opportunists as part of the 20,000 reservationists. Opportunists, yes. Enthusiasts, maybe not so much.
I think most such people will be in the later part of that 20K reservation. I doubt any of them will actually get any money finally - considering all the hoops through which they need to go through ...
I agree. When I asked his ordering status, he repeated more than once that he had already ordered ... more than a year ago. :eek: After some probing, it turned out he had essentially (only) signed up on the Nissan website a year ago, couldn't recall when he had placed the $99 reservation, and wasn't sure if/when he received the email on his ordering month and/or the email that he was able to order. (Yes, there are people that don't check email several times a day! ) After all that during my brief conversation with him, I will be very surprised if he ever ends up following through on the order. Yet, he represents one of those 20k ... that will more likely not end up as a Conversion.

This guy sounds like : "big hat, but no cattle" to me. :lol:

You also need to keep in mind that MANY of those 20,000 reservations are from people in the "forgotten 36" (yes, I am trademarking the phrase :) ), many will have bought other vehicles by the time our ordering time actually arrives, in fact some will also have lost interest, some's commute may have changed and the Leaf might no longer work, and in fact some of us geezers might actually have passed on, unfortunately. There are many reasons many of the 20K reservations won't be completed.

I appreciate the Capitalist Spirit of cp101, but man, at least TRY to have your ducks in a row first! :? It was like watching raw meat being dragged through a cage of hungry lions! Might be better just to show up as a hungry lion next time... NOT raw meat :!:

TRONZ said:
I appreciate the Capitalist Spirit of cp101, but man, at least TRY to have your ducks in a row first! :? It was like watching raw meat being dragged through a cage of hungry lions! Might be better just to show up as a hungry lion next time... NOT raw meat :!:

:lol:

mitch672 said:
You also need to keep in mind that MANY of those 20,000 reservations are from people in the "forgotten 36" (yes, I am trademarking the phrase :) ), many will have bought other vehicles by the time our ordering time actually arrives, in fact some will also have lost interest, some's commute may have changed and the Leaf might no longer work, and in fact some of us geezers might actually have passed on, unfortunately. There are many reasons many of the 20K reservations won't be completed.
You're right about that, but barring disaster, I'll be exercising my reservation to take delivery of a LEAF when Nissan gets around to the "forgotten 36".

Back