1 year service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
I forgot to mention that my dealer did a battery check on the 12V battery. It wasn't called out on my service report, but I got a look at the internal service paperwork and there was a small printout stapled to it with a graphic of a meter gauge and a digital reading of 12.5 Volts, as I recall.

This reminded me of the member whose defective 12V battery caused his brakes to fail, the "almost kill a kid" thread. Reassuring to me that the dealer is checking this. Perhaps Nissan is alerted to potential problems from a low 12V battery.

After having the brake software update, I noticed a couple of odd things. First, the auto-up driver window no longer worked, it was only auto in the down direction. I fixed that by holding the window switch while turning on the main Power button (it turns out that's covered in the owners manual).

The second odd thing is that the vocal announcement at low battery warning has been silenced. Video alerts show up on both screens, but no female voice announcing low battery charge. Not a big deal, but I haven't heard of this before. Anyone else heard of this? I haven't had the car to VLBW, and I don't plan to, so I don't know if that warning is still verbal or not.

Boomer23 said:
After having the brake software update, I noticed a couple of odd things. First, the auto-up driver window no longer worked, it was only auto in the down direction. I fixed that by holding the window switch while turning on the main Power button (it turns out that's covered in the owners manual).

The second odd thing is that the vocal announcement at low battery warning has been silenced. Video alerts show up on both screens, but no female voice announcing low battery charge. Not a big deal, but I haven't heard of this before. Anyone else heard of this? I haven't had the car to VLBW, and I don't plan to, so I don't know if that warning is still verbal or not.

Was just about to post asking about the window auto-up issue. Glad I did a search first. Thanks...will fix mine tomorrow.

I still have the LBW audio warning on my car.

Boomer23 said:
Boomer23 said:
I forgot to mention that my dealer did a battery check on the 12V battery. It wasn't called out on my service report, but I got a look at the internal service paperwork and there was a small printout stapled to it with a graphic of a meter gauge and a digital reading of 12.5 Volts, as I recall.

This reminded me of the member whose defective 12V battery caused his brakes to fail, the "almost kill a kid" thread. Reassuring to me that the dealer is checking this. Perhaps Nissan is alerted to potential problems from a low 12V battery.

that announcement can be turned off. you might want to see if the SW update might have turned it off

I am about to have to do the 2-yr battery check. I am wondering if the dealer would try to sell me any other service, and if so which would be worthwhile? Thanks for any feedback!

Yeah, they did the same with mine when I got my two year battery check last week.. That little gauge on the printout shows the health of the battery by display CCA against voltage under load. Mine was all the way clockwise which is as good as it gets...

Boomer23 said:

greenleaf said:
I am about to have to do the 2-yr battery check. I am wondering if the dealer would try to sell me any other service, and if so which would be worthwhile? Thanks for any feedback!
I guess that depends on the dealer. Some are real (not nice word), and others are quite decent. If anything, they will suggest a brake fluid flush and a cabin filter change. The filter is a total rip-off as it is not that bad of a DIY project. Brake fluid? I dunno - some do, some don't. I will probably do it at two years.

Back