$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
I would expect about a $30 reduction in monthly lease payment for each $1,000 of capital reduction.

According to my spreadsheet, the reduction will be around $20.

Edit : Looks more like $30 after correction.

evnow said:
Boomer23 said:
I would expect about a $30 reduction in monthly lease payment for each $1,000 of capital reduction.

I didn't do any calculations. I was going on my recollection from my last lease of a BMW 3 series.

A question, though, how can you come up with a meaningful calculation without knowing the money factor and the residual?

Boomer23 said:
A question, though, how can you come up with a meaningful calculation without knowing the money factor and the residual?

Just some estimates. But I did check that the reduction is about the same irrespective of MF (BTW, we have only one variable - MF or the residual. Once you fix one of them, the other can be calculated).

i called today and talk to one of you guys, the guy took down my info and reservation number address . are you guys suppose to do that ? I thought all I had to do is go on the site and pick which dealership.

evnow said:
Boomer23 said:

I agree with Boomer...The lease price is listed as $349 for the SV, and $379 for the SL. If buying, the difference is just under $1K. So with my calculations, I get a $30/mo. diff. :)
I'd be interested though how you came up with a $20 deduction.

downforceusacom said:
i called today and talk to one of you guys, the guy took down my info and reservation number address . are you guys suppose to do that ? I thought all I had to do is go on the site and pick which dealership.
NO they are not but if the can get you thinking your locked in then they will reel you in like a fish. :lol:

leaffan said:
I agree with Boomer...The lease price is listed as $349 for the SV, and $379 for the SL. If buying, the difference is just under $1K. So with my calculations, I get a $30/mo. diff. :)
I'd be interested though how you came up with a $20 deduction.

Never mind. There was a problem in my calc (I was reducing MSRP instead of just Cap Cost) - the new number is around $30.

Gonewild said:
downforceusacom said:
NO they are not but if the can get you thinking your locked in then they will reel you in like a fish. :lol:

lol... :lol: ... Anyone one can change their preferred dealer at anytime and no one is locked in till they place an order. If your set with a dealer you prefer, providing your info is the best way to keep in touch and track down the vehicle when time comes.

Hi Danny,
Is each dealer able to access the "preferred dealer" list from Nissan so you know who has chosen you as their preferred dealer and so you have access to the person's contact information that way?

Thanks

is this 12,500 credit only good for 1 per household ? would I be able to buy 2 and get that credit 25,000 .. i'm paying over 80k a year in tax

Kataphn said:
Hi Danny,
Is each dealer able to access the "preferred dealer" list from Nissan so you know who has chosen you as their preferred dealer and so you have access to the person's contact information that way?

Thanks

We don't have access on that yet and we will have that once Nissan release it.

There was some discussion in another thread about how the choice of dealer could effect your delivery date. I believe the stated reason was that Nissan wanted to distribute cars to many different dealers and didn't want to be delivering dozens of early production cars to just one location.

To the best of your knowledge, is there any truth to this - how does selecting Fontana effect delivery date for August and September orders?

ETA - If there is no truth to this, and you get orders for a carrier full of cars from NoCal - would you consider dividing the extra transportation distance charge between all of the orders? Any idea what that extra cost might be?

LakeLeaf said:
discussion in another thread about how the choice of dealer could effect your delivery date
Despite appreciating what Leon has done - I'm still calling FUD on that one.

Nissan is giving US the orders. We place them wherever we want, and the cars go there. I simply cannot see any way that where we want it delivered can affect WHEN it gets delivered.

After all, we are given our order date, THEN we select a dealer. I cannot see Nissan reneging on our order at that point.

(edit to add: I am in San Diego and ordering from Leon's dealership because it is closest to my home)

Kataphn said:
Hi Danny,

It used to be that all dealers you had expressed an interest in, whether they be preferred or marked "allow contact" had access to some basic information about your reservation. I'm not sure how that works now you can only select a preferred dealer.

downforceusacom said:
is this 12,500 credit only good for 1 per household ? would I be able to buy 2 and get that credit 25,000 .. i'm paying over 80k a year in tax
$7,500 is a credit against your Federal Income Tax.
$5,000 is a rebate from State of California.
This question is best asked in the more appropriate thread.
I'm not a CPA, and this is not tax advice, but IMHO the simple answer is "No", you should be able to benefit for EACH car in same year. But you better read the IRS and CVRP instructions.

LEAFer said:
downforceusacom said:
$7,500 is a credit against your Federal Income Tax.
$5,000 is a rebate from State of California.
This question is best asked in the more appropriate thread.
I'm not a CPA, and this is not tax advice, but IMHO the simple answer is "No", you should be able to benefit for EACH car in same year. But you better read the IRS and CVRP instructions.

Perhaps for joint returns and two registrations. The IRS forms explain all restrictions and conditions if you check the details.

Dav said:
LakeLeaf said:
discussion in another thread about how the choice of dealer could effect your delivery date
Despite appreciating what Leon has done - I'm still calling FUD on that one.

Nissan is giving US the orders. We place them wherever we want, and the cars go there. I simply cannot see any way that where we want it delivered can affect WHEN it gets delivered.

After all, we are given our order date, THEN we select a dealer. I cannot see Nissan reneging on our order at that point.

(edit to add: I am in San Diego and ordering from Leon's dealership because it is closest to my home)

I agree 100% with DAV. Gen Mgr Leon Kamins @ Mossy Nissan called me today (like he said he would). We had a nice chat, and I told him I was selecting Mossy as my preferred dealer. Mossy Poway is only about 5 miles from me. He'll let me know when they get their demo, so I can have my wife drive it a bit. She's nervous about buying a car before seeing/driving it. Since my ordering date is scheduled for January, I hope to have our car around March-April. Whether the California rebate is still alive by then remains to be seen.

August 27th is just around the corner. For those who have decided to order through us, please be sure to select us as your preferred dealer. :D

FontanaNissan said:
August 27th is just around the corner. For those who have decided to order through us, please be sure to select us as your preferred dealer. :D
So Danny, would it be possible for you to state precisely what your response to a SV and SL RAQ will be?

Back