$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
As of now, I intend to pick up "Maple" tomorrow (Tuesday 3/29) evening. :D
Yes, I am surprised too!
Congratulations!

... if I leave it at a dealer near HTB (is there one?) and get a "relay" from the dealer's location to the Gathering ...
Mossy Nissan is not too far away. As more people get their cars it could be better to meet at a restaurant in walking distance from charging. There are lots of restaurants near Mossy. I don't know if any of them serve a good breakfast. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...867332,-117.128334&spn=0.115058,0.117931&z=13

or, meet somebody who has a L2 EVSE at their house (willing to e-fuel), and I could ride to HTB with them, and then back after.
This could be the most convenient way people make little road trips for some time until public chargers start to be installed.

smkettner said:
I thought SD was to be one of the most wired cities :)
Yes, if only cars ran on press releases! Seriously, someone pointed out that the EV Project promised 14,650 L2 chargers and 310 DC chargers installed from summer 2010 through summer 2011, and they have delivered a grand total of zero. Plus zero under construction. Plus specific plans for another zero. But then they also anticipated 5,700 Leafs and 2,600 Volts and we have so far, what, about 250 Leafs and 500 Volts? The surest way to get this government program shut down would be to have hundreds of shiny new charging stations in prime parking spots sitting lonely awaiting EVs which don't exist. I could believe they deliberately held back waiting for significant numbers of EVs to be delivered.

I believe Ecotality will finally talk about specific plans in April. And I believe the charging infrastructure will finally be built, albeit late. I read here so many people agonizing about whether or not their cars will arrive in time for the $5k CA rebate instead of the $3k rebate. I think if someone takes delivery before it's clear whether or not the EV Project will keep their promises, then they deserve the extra $2k.

walterbays said:
the EV Project promised 14,650 L2 chargers and 310 DC chargers installed from summer 2010 through summer 2011, and they have delivered a grand total of zero. Plus zero under construction. Plus specific plans for another zero

That is thoroughly and utterly depressing. Hopefully they ramp up sooner than later.

We got home safely after leaving Fontana (Thanks Alex,
Danny, and Joanna!) at about 5:30 PM.

Smooth drive, no problems, had outside air fan on. Dropping 1000'
along the way helped keep the energy consumption fairly low.

Had to fuel the Prius at $4.04/gal (for Regular) on the way home.
(the Volt requires Premimum)

Lots of settings and details to learn. For now, some sleep.

garygid said:
We got home safely after leaving Fontana (Thanks Alex,
Danny, and Joanna!) at about 5:30 PM.

Smooth drive, no problems, had outside air fan on. Dropping 1000'
along the way helped keep the energy consumption fairly low.

Had to fuel the Prius at $4.04/gal (for Regular) on the way home.
(the Volt requires Premimum)

Lots of settings and details to learn. For now, some sleep.

Thank you for you business Gary. It was our pleasure meeting you and other forum members this week.

We need another truck-o-leafs... :D

If you wish, you may post the picture that Alex took of Maple and Me!

This afternoon, I asked my wife if she wanted to go for a ride with Maple and me.

She said, "Who's MAPLE!!!" a tiny but annoyed.

I replied "Maple LEAF. You remember, the LEAF we picked up yesterday".

"You named her MAPLE?", I heard. :) :D :lol:

Another Happy customer from Fontana Nissan. Danny was very through with the features and settings, making me wish that I could have driven it home that day (I was too tired to make the trip so I took the free flatbed delivery offer). None of the horror stories from other dealership with bait and switch.

I too was really happy with Fontana Nissan, in fact it was the best buying experance I have ever had. Danny and Joana were great very great to deal with no pressure to buy any options or extra warrantee from the finance dept. Have bought over 25 new cars in my life and must say this was by far the least hassel. Danny was very knowledgable about the Leaf and spent over 2 hours telling us about it's opeeration and features. I also got my delivery 9 days early although I don't think Fontana Nissan had anything to do with this.

+10!

storeman86 said:
I too was really happy with Fontana Nissan, in fact it was the best buying experance I have ever had. Danny and Joana were great very great to deal with no pressure to buy any options or extra warrantee from the finance dept. Have bought over 25 new cars in my life and must say this was by far the least hassel. Danny was very knowledgable about the Leaf and spent over 2 hours telling us about it's opeeration and features. I also got my delivery 9 days early although I don't think Fontana Nissan had anything to do with this.

garygid said:
If you wish, you may post the picture that Alex took of Maple and Me!

This afternoon, I asked my wife if she wanted to go for a ride with Maple and me.

She said, "Who's MAPLE!!!" a tiny but annoyed.

I replied "Maple LEAF. You remember, the LEAF we picked up yesterday".

"You named her MAPLE?", I heard. :) :D :lol:

Here you go Gary! We're a bit busy these past few days delivering the LEAFs. Your picture is on our website now! CONGRATULATIONS!! and thank you all forum members for your business! We really enjoyed having you guys here at our dealership.

Gary-Giddings.jpg

John-Mayor.jpg

Gary-and-Jenean-Hill.jpg

Check out our blog in a couple of days for more photos..

Congrats to all the new Leaf owners...Seems like yesterday when Malcolm, Victor, and I went to pick our Leafs and received the "royal treatment" from the Fontana team. We're loving our Leafs so far....Here's to many more Leaf deliveries....

welcome.jpg

sdbmania said:
It's hard to believe that my date is coming up so soon!

I'm looking forward to the fun drive home after I pick up my Leaf from Fontana in a week or so.

Just hold your breath and wait for my call! ;)

Oh man, I don't remember getting the sign treatment when we picked up ours! Maybe I just missed it... Yeah, that's it!

Randy said:
Congrats to all the new Leaf owners...Seems like yesterday when Malcolm, Victor, and I went to pick our Leafs and received the "royal treatment" from the Fontana team. We're loving our Leafs so far....Here's to many more Leaf deliveries....

Well, Mogur, we were extra special customers... :)

I believe we were the first three Leafs that the dealership delivered (Jan. 4), so it was a special day. They had Channel 4 news there to document the event for posterity...It was a very fun time...

Back