2023 Nissan EV Sales

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ICE vehicles are the way to go if you only have one vehicle. We have a 2002 SAAB 9-5 with 200K miles and it's always willing to take us anywhere we want. Doesn't burn oil, runs clean for an ICE vehicle. The emissions testing here cannot get a reading out the tailpipe yet the exhaust is in great condition. Not sure why? We were in the process of buying a used Tesla Model "S" that was sitting on a lot for 6 months with little interest. The Dealer was nice enough to let us borrow it for the weekend. Charged it to 90% and took a 175 miles trip. The Tesla was rated for 259 miles range. We drove it between 35 and 65 MPH, 65 most of the time. Used the "Chill" mode yet ran out of battery at 158 miles! We had the Heater on and the wipers. Very disappointing for a Tesla with 41K miles, 2017. So ICE we stay. Chademo kills the LEAF for us.
I own a 2019 SV Plus 62 kW leaf. It’s a rebuilt title. With 11,000 miles on it. Purchased for $19,500. I also own a 2012 Cadillac SRX with 61,000 miles on it for $12,000. So now I have two vehicles. And ICE and an EV Both sitting in my garage depending upon the need. 99% of the time I drive the leaf and it’s trickle charged with a 120 V outlet charger. I usually charge once - twice a week to keep it between 30 to 80% charged. But when I drive longer trip I’ll use the Cadillac. Total of under $35,000 for the perfect solution. I am a happy little clam

Reportedly, Nissan UK is pausing manufacturing the Leaf now, but will be retooling for a new generation to come out when the factory is ready. The same Sunderland plant will be making electric Juke and Qashqai (US name Rogue) SUVs there. It is about time for a refresh of the model. (I do love my 2023 Leaf SV Plus, nicknamed the Rocinante). Hope Nissan won't make the next Leaf Generation too touchpad dependent, like too many EVs (Teslas and Volvo EX-30, for example). One of the great things about the Gen 2 Leafs is there are buttons for climate control, a speed dial and a simple display right in front of the driver for other data, etc.
I agree entirely.

I managed to convince my wife to have an EV at all, only on the basis that the Leaf's controls are largely analogue and more like the cars she has driven iin the past. Too many car manufacturers have been too quick to add as much technology as they can to their EV's, believing perhaps that 'digital' is synonymous with 'battery'.

But if the advancement of Zero tailpipe emissions is to happen as quickly as it must do, then manufacturers should think more deapy about digital displays and controls, and take the legacy car market with them in easy steps.

Back