"5 Reasons Car Enthusiasts Should Be Begging To Go Electric"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great article! Although, I'd count it as four reasons, not five. The last reason listing inductive charging "on the fly" as a possibility seems very remote. First, inductive charging is not as efficient as hooking up a hard wire to get a charge. And second, even if you were able to get a QC rate of charge, at 60 mph you would have to have a strip in the pavement 30 miles long. Inductive charging may come along, but I'd bet it will be in parking spaces and garages.

I'll add one more.

Similar to having instant torque, I find the best part to be the lack of a transmission. Common scenario: I'm coasting along but then decide I want to accelerate, so I floor the pedal. The response in my Leaf is immediate. In any automatic-equipped car, you need to wait a second for the transmission to find the right gear. In a manual, you have to take time to shift.

garsh said:
I'll add one more.

Similar to having instant torque, I find the best part to be the lack of a transmission. Common scenario: I'm coasting along but then decide I want to accelerate, so I floor the pedal. The response in my Leaf is immediate. In any automatic-equipped car, you need to wait a second for the transmission to find the right gear. In a manual, you have to take time to shift.

Not only that, but in an ICE fuel valves have to open, turbo charger, if there is one, winds up, etc.

The electric drive train is just so damned smooth, effortless and instant. I will never go back:)

Back