"7 days delivery notification email" question to owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pksd1

I have a question for everyone that has taken deliveries of their cars; did you all get a "7 days delivery" notification email from Nissan? Wonderful online customer support was not able to tell me if that email was ever sent out to me or ever will be.

My "7 days!!" email came last Friday; my dashboard (and the dealer's) still show "Week of April 4". So I'm waiting for a phone call from the dealer.... :roll:

I did get the "7 day" email on 3/6/11. Delivery actually happened on 3/9/11.

I guess I will not look too much into this. My reason for asking was that my collogue who ordered his LEAF almost one month after me, has VIN# almost 100 higher than me, has a delivery date 1 day after me and got a “7 day” email last week. And yes he lives in the same city and ordered his LEAF from the same dealer. :roll:

mossyleaf said:
Welcome to My Crazy World. You guys will get to exit once you have your cars I'm Still Gonna Be here!!!!! :eek:
I feel for you Leon! I'm sure a TON of customers ping on you daily for status.

BTW--What is my status??? :lol: :lol:

pksd1 said:
I guess I will not look too much into this. My reason for asking was that my collogue who ordered his LEAF almost one month after me, has VIN# almost 100 higher than me, has a delivery date 1 day after me and got a “7 day” email last week. And yes he lives in the same city and ordered his LEAF from the same dealer. :roll:

There have been posts that Nissan seems to be limiting allocations by region/city/dealer, and one post speculated that Nissan is building cars to a 'plan' (30% blue, 20% red, etc.) rather than to specific orders. Under these theories, blind, dumb luck (choosing an 'orphan' color, dealer, and city) could move one's delivery date up significantly. Or, picking a popular config/color/dealer would slow down your delivery.

Nissan won't confirm any of this, but the hunt for a set of 'rules' that explains the reality we observe continues unabated (what else to do until our cars arrive? :D )

mossyleaf said:
Welcome to My Crazy World. You guys will get to exit once you have your cars I'm Still Gonna Be here!!!!! :eek:

I know Leon, you are as much a victim of Nissan's miss management as we are. Except you have to deal with 200 of us, and that's just this month. I will bring you my Costco size bottle of Aspirin over to you.

mossyleaf said:
Well, that reminds me...I have to ping Leon, now that I have a "Week of April 15" status!

davewill said:
mossyleaf said:
Well, that reminds me...I have to ping Leon, now that I have a "Week of April 15" status!

I think he is getting pinged a lot these days and does not deserve to be. Its not his fault that Nissan management can’t get their act together.

pksd1 said:
davewill said:
mossyleaf said:

I think he is getting pinged a lot these days and does not deserve to be. Its not his fault that Nissan management can’t get their act together.
I had no intention of complaining about anything. Just a friendly email to check status. I haven't bothered him since December.

Back