"7 days delivery notification email" question to owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pksd1 said:
I thought they had stopped distribution of the cars(for now) due to A/C related problem.
Sounds to me that they've got it figured out and are shipping cars again. :) Expect your car real-soon-now!

drees said:
pksd1 said:
I thought they had stopped distribution of the cars(for now) due to A/C related problem.
Sounds to me that they've got it figured out and are shipping cars again. :) Expect your car real-soon-now!
It's also possible that this one got onto the road before they clamped down.

I got my "7-day" email on March 15.
No phone call as yet from my salesman.
I've called my salesman's "special direct number" a dozen or more times; it always goes to voice mail.
No callback from two voice mails I left.
No reply to email I sent.

I am not a happy camper.
I do not recommend Stevens Creek Nissan.

planet4ever said:
I got my "7-day" email on March 15. No phone call as yet from my salesman.
I've called my salesman's "special direct number" a dozen or more times; it always goes to voice mail.
No callback from two voice mails I left. No reply to email I sent. I am not a happy camper.
I do not recommend Stevens Creek Nissan.

my Leaf status is in a similar state as yours, but when I hear your tale it really makes me appreciate my PD, Brendan from Boardwalk Nissan (who's also on the forum!)
Although in most cases he unfortunately doesn't know much more than I, he's extremely good in regard to communication: I've never had a phone call nor email go unanswered by him -- even if it's just to report "sorry, no info yet", which is a fair enough reply if that's the situation... at least he's willing to be upfront about it rather than making up some cover-story or dodging a return call.

I actually switched to Boardwalk after a negative experience at my initial PD (South County Nissan in Gilroy). I won't go into all the gory details about it (all water under the bridge now, and they're not here on the forum to defend themselves), but suffice it to say that I caught the dealer in either a blatant lie or unforgivable ignorance [summary: to justify a price increase in their RAQ reply, they said that every dealer receives exactly 3 Leafs and that if I didn't claim mine now that he had a list of a dozen others just waiting to snap it up!?! Then even though the time limit was supposed to just be under a couple days, he somehow held onto the RAQ without releasing it and Nissan Corporate said they couldn't do anything because of a system bug]. Anyhoo, SusanD (now at Lexus, but at Boardwalk Nissan at the time) heard about my plight from the forum and came to the rescue -- she put in a couple calls to Nissan Corporate herself and got my RAQ freed up and switched my PD over to her. It cost me a delay of going from a 8/31 order (had I stayed with South County Nissan) to a 9/11 order with Boardwalk, but I felt the extra wait time was going to be worth it to have a more responsive dealer. Although I was cautious when Susan left and Brendan took over, he seems equally proactive (I've actually received calls from Nissan and Blink due to calls he's initiated), and so I'm very happy with my decision. (besides, I like to think by not being on that earliest wave, I've actually dodged the A/C issue and had time to get into the EV Project!)

-Steve

They won’t delay in sending an email notification in their customer. I’ve got my email notification after 6 days then there’s no problem about the order. However, if you don’t get the email notification from the Nissan motors you can send some follow up email so they can reminder for your notification.

Dominica said:
They won’t delay in sending an email notification in their customer. I’ve got my email notification after 6 days then there’s no problem about the order. However, if you don’t get the email notification from the Nissan motors you can send some follow up email so they can reminder for your notification.

Dominica, I think you are talking about something different. This 7-day email is about the delivery of the car, not the ordering. And it is no longer a '7-day' email, but a 'coming soon'.

Back