Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we still have home in Niepolomice
cracovian said:
Totally connected to Krakow :) I went to high school there before coming to ATL during my senior year. My first girlfriend, my drivers license in Fiat 126p, all kinds of firsts there - scarred me for life thus the nick :)

N952JL said:
That $0.0125 kWh rate is during what time? Normal daytime rate is what? I wish Flint Electric had a program like this. Most of my daylight usage is via my 10kW PV system. On adv I produce just over 1200 kWh per month. (Warner Robins). My reservation was entered 4/20/10 but I couldn't get the dealer to respond to my REQ till Aug 10, so my deliver date is week of Dec 2. Also Atlanta area is a much higher priority for Nissan than little old Warner Robins.

I have the same rate, it is every day of the year between 11 pm and 7 am; the program is called RES-PEV.

Of course, there are fees after the 1.25 cents per kWh, the total is like 5 cents compared to about 10 for the day hours in the winter.

I picked my Glacier Pearl SL from Capitol City Nissan on Tuesday evening. Haven't had time to drive it yet, but my wife took it out yesterday for a few errands and loved it.

amtoro said:
N952JL said:
That $0.0125 kWh rate is during what time? Normal daytime rate is what? I wish Flint Electric had a program like this. Most of my daylight usage is via my 10kW PV system. On adv I produce just over 1200 kWh per month. (Warner Robins). My reservation was entered 4/20/10 but I couldn't get the dealer to respond to my REQ till Aug 10, so my deliver date is week of Dec 2. Also Atlanta area is a much higher priority for Nissan than little old Warner Robins.

I have the same rate, it is every day of the year between 11 pm and 7 am; the program is called RES-PEV.

Of course, there are fees after the 1.25 cents per kWh, the total is like 5 cents compared to about 10 for the day hours in the winter.

These rates are decent until you hit summer months and pay close to 20 cents between 2-7 PM while everyone else is paying 9 cents. They require the 12 month contract, so it's not like you can escape it... unless you can hide in the LEAF with blasting AC during that time.

Having solar panels and this rate would be ideal.

I agree, but those are only weekdays; we are never home monday to friday between 2pm and 6pm and from 6 to 7, just a few minutes of A/C will bring the temperature down to a comfortable level as the peak heat of the day has already passed.

Of course, at home, in the summer, we dress for summer... some people I know walk around their house in august wearing long pants and heavy shirts and therefore set the thermostat to 64F :roll:

In Winter, the day rate is almost the same as without TOU, but then I turn on the water heater, dishwasher, dryer and all those thing only after 11pm. This past month, we paid only $49 in electricity, an all-time record low even for fall.

It is a numbers game. And it is true that there is a 4+ cent additional charge for every kWh used that has been voted by the commission to offset some fuel costs. That little hidden fee changes, and sometimes it is zeroed out, but not recently...

Both my wife and I work at home (I venture out during the day, but she does a lot of conference calls in her office). My basement office is always comfortable without much heating/cooling, so minimal AC during the summer peak time should be adequate. My wife says she doesn't care what I do, just as long as it is transparent to her.

To start saving some money on the power bill, all of the big loads have been moved to night time (spa, dishwasher, dryer, and soon hot water). Since we have servers that cannot be turned off in my office, I am installing a 19 kWh battery bank to run the computers and climate control during the peak times, which will recharge after 11:00 PM. (I bought the inverters during the Y2K thing - glad I get to finally use them.) Oh, and the batteries were free from a newly decommissioned UPS at a big company downtown, so my install costs are minimal. Copper is kind of high though.

Our house is also smart; so the "follow me lighting" and climate controls will be aggressive during the peak times too (read off).

My power bill is typically over $500. With these new changes, I'm hoping to cut it in half AND still be able to drive oil free.

My next step is to do the PV system, but the wife wants a kitchen first. Maybe when we buy our second LEAF, we'll look more closely at solar.

Flash

amtoro said:
I agree, but those are only weekdays; we are never home monday to friday between 2pm and 6pm and from 6 to 7, just a few minutes of A/C will bring the temperature down to a comfortable level as the peak heat of the day has already passed.

Of course, at home, in the summer, we dress for summer... some people I know walk around their house in august wearing long pants and heavy shirts and therefore set the thermostat to 64F :roll:

In Winter, the day rate is almost the same as without TOU, but then I turn on the water heater, dishwasher, dryer and all those thing only after 11pm. This past month, we paid only $49 in electricity, an all-time record low even for fall.

Month of Oct will be negative usage as my panels produced more than enough to power my needs (1271 kWh). But I still will have to pay 20.00 for line maintenance and taxes.

FlashCorliss said:
It is a numbers game. And it is true that there is a 4+ cent additional charge for every kWh used that has been voted by the commission to offset some fuel costs. That little hidden fee changes, and sometimes it is zeroed out, but not recently...

Both my wife and I work at home (I venture out during the day, but she does a lot of conference calls in her office). My basement office is always comfortable without much heating/cooling, so minimal AC during the summer peak time should be adequate. My wife says she doesn't care what I do, just as long as it is transparent to her.

To start saving some money on the power bill, all of the big loads have been moved to night time (spa, dishwasher, dryer, and soon hot water). Since we have servers that cannot be turned off in my office, I am installing a 19 kWh battery bank to run the computers and climate control during the peak times, which will recharge after 11:00 PM. (I bought the inverters during the Y2K thing - glad I get to finally use them.) Oh, and the batteries were free from a newly decommissioned UPS at a big company downtown, so my install costs are minimal. Copper is kind of high though.

Our house is also smart; so the "follow me lighting" and climate controls will be aggressive during the peak times too (read off).

My power bill is typically over $500. With these new changes, I'm hoping to cut it in half AND still be able to drive oil free.

My next step is to do the PV system, but the wife wants a kitchen first. Maybe when we buy our second LEAF, we'll look more closely at solar.

Flash

Sun Electric has Evergreen 210W panels for $0.78 per watt till Monday 14 Nov.

I paid 2.43 18 months ago and thought that was cheap.

I went with the lease option, however I have a question for you guys...

They added $899 dealer fee, $850 destination charge to the MSRP. It's high but I sort of agree with that...

The lease terms include the standard $595 acquisition fee but then I see another doc fee in the amount of $589 - is that normal? WTH? If not, what's my recourse here? I just noticed it now...

If you signed probably non. I know few people that returned cars and got money back, but I am sure you do not want that. Talk to dealer and see what his explanation/remedy is.

Once I was told by the salesman that if I like the car should not care what price is, I didn't like the salesmen, and also car as much as he thought so I left as quickly as possble

cracovian said:
I went with the lease option, however I have a question for you guys...

They added $899 dealer fee, $850 destination charge to the MSRP. It's high but I sort of agree with that...

The lease terms include the standard $595 acquisition fee but then I see another doc fee in the amount of $589 - is that normal? WTH? If not, what's my recourse here? I just noticed it now...

In a lease, the Acquisition Fee is the money the bank makes on the transaction.

The dealer fee is what the dealer wants to make on top of the $2,500 between MSRP and the dealer cost after they receive the holdback. This is the line you have to fight about; they make their money when selling at MSRP, there is no reason to charge you this. Compare to what they add to some cars as "paint protection", "fabric protection", "nitrogen inflated tires", it is all Bull%$& to increase their profit.

Destination is the same for all of us.

The documentation fee is legit but in this case is ridiculously high... negotiate this even if in GA it is not regulated by law.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

Print the report from Truecar.com and take it to them... their true cost is invoice (what they pay upon receiving the car from the transport) minus holdback (which is what they get as a rebate from Nissan after the car is delivered to the customer)

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/nissan/leaf-pricing/2012/63631D73/

EDIT:

When I requested the quote from the dealer, I actually went to see them and they gave me a print-out of their lease calculator so everything is clear, and even asked them to send the reply to the RAQ sating "this payment includes all fees and taxes"

For reference, the dealer added $595 for Acquisition, $850 for destination, $40 for documentation and something like $600 for dealer fee. (at least the documentation fee is low)

The next step is at delivery, I will have to use the best of my skills to get as much as possible from my trade-in to offset their dealer fee

I would place my flag on the map website someone started indicating when I ordered my Leaf and when I expect to receive the car. However I cant figure out how to make the flag appear on the map. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I ordered my Leaf 8/22/11. It will be a brilliant silver SL and is supposed to arrive at Sutherlin Nissan the week of 12/13/11.

Wpar72 said:
I would place my flag on the map website someone started indicating when I ordered my Leaf and when I expect to receive the car. However I cant figure out how to make the flag appear on the map. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I ordered my Leaf 8/22/11. It will be a brilliant silver SL and is supposed to arrive at Sutherlin Nissan the week of 12/13/11.

You need to be logged into Google, then click on the "Edit" button to the left of the map. Select the red icon as you currently have a week of delivery

I just got my VIN and carwings registration! Delivery date is still Month of November. I'll probably get a week soon.

Blue 2012 SL from Nalley Nissan.

It was close... The dealer took $850 off today and updated the paperwork (basically added 2 x $850 to the MSRP and then added $589 doc fee yesterday.) It was an "honest mistake"... I'm just glad I caught this shyet in time. Not cool at all.

Oh oh but in all this the car is sort of amazing, so fast but I'm burning charge in no time and risking tickets... Floor it from the lights and the whole world stands still :D

I got 20 cents worth of charge at Whole Foods at Johnson Ferry. The other slot was blocked by the Prius. I thought those people were nice... I'm not nice but I don't really want to key anybody either. Not cool at all...

Ok, another thing... I have the second LEAF coming in a few days. I was hoping to get it next year (ordered really late) but it's now week of November 16 :( There's no way I'll be able to pick it up and I'll most likely cancel on Monday, so we'll have one of the first orphans in GA if anyone wants it :) It's blue and fully loaded with eco package (zero emissions stickers on doors too.) Is there any way to profit from it (for example across the state lines) or should I just cancel and forget it?

cracovian said:
Ok, another thing... I have the second LEAF coming in a few days. I was hoping to get it next year (ordered really late) but it's now week of November 16 :( There's no way I'll be able to pick it up and I'll most likely cancel on Monday, so we'll have one of the first orphans in GA if anyone wants it :) It's blue and fully loaded with eco package (zero emissions stickers on doors too.) Is there any way to profit from it (for example across the state lines) or should I just cancel and forget it?

There are three Orphans in TN at: Hunt Nissan 2121 Chapman Road Chattanooga, TN 37421 . They are 2011 SL, I believe they are Red, Black, and Pear. Asking price is $35,440. They may be SL's but there is no mention of the QC port nor the winter kit. Both of which come with the SL model in 2012.

FlashCorliss said:
I got my 2012 Black SL at 2:00 PM today (November 9th, 2011) from Team Nissan in Marietta. Wayne Parker, the most excellent sales dude, called me at the crack of dawn to let me know the truck had dropped the LEAFs off early in the morning. I got to the dealership at 10:00 AM to watch them clean the car up and get it on the charger. I returned later in the afternoon to sign the paperwork.

I have been wanting an electric car since I was a little boy (I'm 44 now), and this car is everything I could have hoped for.

I drove 70 miles this afternoon, with 5 miles left on the battery (I did not have a full charge). My driving tomorrow will yield better numbers.

I have switched the house over to time of use ($0.0125 / KWh) and have most of the electronics figured out. Since I pay myself mileage, this puppy will be paid for in no time (especially since it only costs $0.30 to fill her up)!

Only bad thing is that it rained on the car only 2 hours into the ownership (the garage wasn't cleared out yet). Oh well, but since it is dirty, might as well drive it. And drive it much I will.

Flash
What was the finally total price for your SL to your dealer for the car? I should be picking mine up in next 10 days and still only have the Quote on the dashboard.

Back