April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beachcliffs said:
gascant said:
Let's do some math...
Hard to do the math until one receives "the phone call" from PD indicating that their car is actually ready to be picked up from the lot. At this point, it is really hard to put much faith in DB or CS information.
Perhaps I should have added that there are only 1000-1200 (?) LEAFs left in Long Beach. Or is it less? Not all of them are going to be sold in California. So, I still believe you are good to go, especially if you have a VIN already. And it looks like the low 2000's are going to get delivered before 1500's from the spreadsheet.

gascant said:
Perhaps I should have added that there are only 1000-1200 (?) LEAFs left in Long Beach. Or is it less? Not all of them are going to be sold in California. So, I still believe you are good to go, especially if you have a VIN already. And it looks like the low 2000's are going to get delivered before 1500's from the spreadsheet.
I don't disagree about likely receiving vehicle in time to qualify for the rebate. I am just not counting any chickens, yet. I have little faith in the DB estimates until we actually start seeing more of the April delivery estimates actually occur (pretty sure there are more than a few with March estimates that have yet to take delivery, as well).

Beachcliffs said:
gascant said:
I don't disagree about likely receiving vehicle in time to qualify for the rebate. I am just not counting any chickens, yet. I have little faith in the DB estimates until we actually start seeing more of the April delivery estimates actually occur (pretty sure there are more than a few with March estimates that have yet to take delivery, as well).
Yes, in fact a good friend of mine (not on MNL Forum or the spreadsheet) was slated for delivery in March (VIN 556) and is just getting his on Tuesday the 19th. My PD told me, yesterday, that mine shows up on his invoice list and he did find me at NNANET using Brendan's instructions. You should be in a similar situation although I appreciate your skepticism at this point. I'm still checking my dashboard 3 times a day :roll:

My date on DB is still week of 4/14. I chatted with Nissan and this is what they had to say.

"Most of the LEAF customer Journeys were updated last night and the LEAFs are on their way to the dealerships with in the next couple weeks. As for a specific date I don't have that information being this close to delivery the dealer will have more of a specific day and time and should be with in the next few days for your delivery."

"Journey" more accurate than they had intended. Gettng to be like something out of Lord of the Rings. My Precious..................Leaf................... :lol:

Just received call from Nissan dealer - MY LEAF HAS ARRIVED. Apparently a truck load (more than 1) is here today.
MY DB changed today to week of APR 25 so there is a disconnect as usual.
Forgot to ask about the VIN - did 1571 show up or 922? OP still showing the two vehicles.
Driving down to dealer shortly to check.

Drove to the dealer and saw my LEAF waiting for me in the back lot. The VIN is 1571 so 922 is going to another dealer (BW in Redwood City). My dealer had no info on VIN 922. I think 5 LEAFs arrived with my car, and they are being readied for the proud owners. Because of scheduling issues, we will pick up on Tuesday PM. Dealer had no problem with me charging at their site, especially since my EVSE from Ecotality is not installed.

Hope other anxious owners get good news in the next few days as well.

Congrats linkim!! Don't forget to post in the new owners thread and tell us about the whole experience. I should be following you shortly (crosses fingers).

linkim said:
Drove to the dealer and saw my LEAF waiting for me in the back lot. The VIN is 1571 so 922 is going to another dealer (BW in Redwood City). My dealer had no info on VIN 922.

Glad you finally got yours okay Kim, and that my "bumping" you from 922 did not affect your wait.
Brendan at Boardwalk says he is getting shipped 5 Leafs this week, but unfortunately my 922 was not among them.

I'm crossing my fingers for getting it on Fri April 22nd, since that's Earth Day (which also happens to match my name IRL!)

-Steve Earth

my pd said corporate told him they were going to start releasing this week so we should see a lot of activity

earther said:
Glad you finally got yours okay Kim, and that my "bumping" you from 922 did not affect your wait.
Brendan at Boardwalk says he is getting shipped 5 Leafs this week, but unfortunately my 922 was not among them.

I'm crossing my fingers for getting it on Fri April 22nd, since that's Earth Day (which also happens to match my name IRL!)

Earth Day was already celebrated in Cupertino on Apr. 9, so celebrated you in advance. Sorry I couldn't wait for the official day, but I figured Apr. 19 was close enough.

Hope your LEAF arrives on Earth Day or close to that date.

linkim said:
Drove to the dealer and saw my LEAF waiting for me in the back lot. The VIN is 1571 so 922 is going to another dealer (BW in Redwood City). Because of scheduling issues, we will pick up on Tuesday PM. Dealer had no problem with me charging at their site, especially since my EVSE from Ecotality is not installed.
Congratulations, Kim! I'll be most curious to hear about your delivery experience since I hope to follow just a couple weeks behind you (or maybe earlier if there is truly a flood of releases).

I'm jealous linkim but congrats to you! My Leaf is still in limbo- dashboard still says week of April 1st and all they can tell me is it's still at port. I suspect the way the cars are organized at the port makes it difficult for them to get to some of the orders with earlier dashboard dates. It's the most likely reason I can think of why the later date ones seem to be arriving before the earlier dates. It's just kind of baffling how they have this system where they give delivery dates which seem to be drawn out of a hat almost.

Congrats to linkim! Brendan did say that he might be getting up to 48 LEAFs in next couple weeks! and cross finger that my port holding, june-ETA, VIN 1575 will be one of them. With regard to Nissan's ordering system and DB - worthless or piece of C***. I do not remember how many times the Nissan CS told me that your DB is not true, donot worry. :evil:

We are in the same boat or should I say port. My DB also says ETA of June but CS says week of April 15th. Let's hope CS is correct on this one and our cars get delivered on the next shipment to Boardwalk next Friday, but I have my doubts. :?

My DB has sent two false readings in the last 24 hr. This morning the delivery date was week of Apr 25, then dealer called to report my LEAF arrived (verified VIN 1571 by visiting dealer), and this evening the DB changed to delivery week of Apr 20. OP is still showing 2 VINs. This adds further fuel to the fire that CS is practically useless. However, if they are helpful in pushing Ecotality to install the Blink EVSE, then I may have to change my attitude.

After my dashboard changed many times and was finally changed to week of 4/20/11, lucky me I got my LEAF today, what an excitement, it took us about 4 hours, Fontana Nissan's Alex was so nice and helpful from the beginning to the end when we bye bye him and drove away, first he arranged and one of their employees picked us up at home 55 mile from Glendale to Fontana. The drive was very cool it was fully charged, it was already dark when we left there so lights were on and half the way A/C was on (today was very hot here) when we got home there was 30 miles left on the battery. By the way our resident is the first one to have Blink installed and Glendale city requires a separate counter for the unit which is very good idea so we will know exactly how much the unit uses or may be they want to charge less for that use we will see.
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11
See "orasadil" on Spreadsheet
:D :D :D :D
LEAF.jpg

Back