April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count one more with the 4/14 to 4/26 to 4/28 move. All's good though, got the 7 day email at 6:05AM today :D .

You all moving to the 28th and getting the 7 day email make it sound like a bad thing.
I am stuck on the 19th with no email. At this point I assume I will eventually move to May.

gascant said:
Congrats to all who are getting their LEAF's during this historic week! It has been a year and, for some of us, the odyssey continues. But we can smile knowing that the odyssey will end soon and then the journey begins.
I echo the congratulations to those who have gotten their Leafs, But for this early orderer, the db still says Month of July, which is not "soon" at all. And since my car was supposedly in Portland, but now CS tells me that vin # is not my car, I am inclined to think there is no car, and I won't be getting a leaf at all. The best I can hope for right now is that once they realize there is no car, they might put me back into the production schedule for a delivery this fall. But I am not very hopeful even of that. I've learned that NOTHING they tell me on the CS line is reliable. The good news is that the batteries for my EV Porsche might arrive in a month, and then Nissan can deposit their Leaf in a dark place. (No, I'm not going to tell the CS people that. I'm going to continue being polite. It's not their fault Nissan is treating them like mushrooms.)

smkettner said:
You all moving to the 28th and getting the 7 day email make it sound like a bad thing.
I am stuck on the 19th with no email. At this point I assume I will eventually move to May.
In the last few days (i.e. cars stuck in the port for the AC update), when the week of changes in conjunction with the 7 days email the car tends to be at the dealer in a couple of days. So, it makes sense that most people who are getting a 7 days email today are also getting the same week of date.
Check with customer service on whether the software update has already been applied or not. They have this information. Give a week or so after the update to get your 7 days email.

waiting4leaf said:
markd said:
Count one more with the 4/14 to 4/26 to 4/28 move. All's good though, got the 7 day email at 6:05AM today :D .

+1. Finally light at the end of the tunnel.

7-day email is not a good indicator of finality. I got it on the 19th, the same date my delivery week moved from the 15th to the 26. Week of means the dealer gets the car in that week, I was told. So, delivery trails that by a day or two.

As I post above, my week of has now moved beyond the 7 days, to 28th.
CS told me that is because they have completed the software update and are installing accessories; except I ordered it without any.

Maybe the world has two dimensions or 11.

Maybe I will get a second 7-day email TODAY.
that would make more sense.

Got my 7 day e-mail at 7:05 am, and week of changed to April 27th from the 11th. Talked to my PD yesterday, and let him know that if it comes next week, I won't be able to pick it up till May 1st since we'll be on vacation, but he hadn't received any updates on my specific LEAF.

In the last 24 hours my delivery date has changed from Week of April 26 (which it had been for a good 3 weeks), to week of May 6 (last night), to week of May 12 (this morning).

I read that they started releasing cars to dealerships again as the AC fix firmware upgrade is complete. So does this mean they found an issue with my car? I read they're doing extensive QA at the port. This sounds insane to me that it takes 2 months for the car to get from the port of LA to Seattle....I know my car got in LA (I got my VIN then), the first week of March....

It's destined for Seattle, to Nelson Campbell Nissan. I have the charger installed....waiting....waiting....waiting

This morning my DB went from June to Week of April 28th. My PD just sent me a message that my car has been taken off of hold at Long Beach port.

Got a call from Nissan that my car is ready to go at the port, AC has been fixed on April 19. Also received the 7 day notice. Nissan CS is also helping me to get Etec installation before the delivery now. :D

Maybe, just maybe, I am finally an April delivery.

I'm still a bit confused about what eTec is. I know it has something to do with extracting info about charging times and driving conditions.
I just got accepted into the EV Project, but I ordered my car a while ago. So, is there a difference between SL-etec cars and regular etec?

sdbmania said:
I'm still a bit confused about what eTec is. I know it has something to do with extracting info about charging times and driving conditions.
I just got accepted into the EV Project, but I ordered my car a while ago. So, is there a difference between SL-etec cars and regular etec?

Same thing. There is no regular etec --- it's an SL-ETEC

Fishleafer said:
Got a call from Nissan that my car is ready to go at the port, AC has been fixed on April 19. Also received the 7 day notice. Nissan CS is also helping me to get Etec installation before the delivery now. :D

Maybe, just maybe, I am finally an April delivery.
Nissan is calling you? That's amazing! :eek:

OK so I just did the chatty thing with Nissan CS and they told me my car was updated 4/19, meaning it's ready to ship to the dealer. But yesterday (4/20) my DB jumped to May 12. So I asked the lady in the chat why almost a month to get to Seattle and she had no answer. The only thing she said was that she had no information on the port schedule.

I asked her what shipping bottlenecks they were having since the car was ready to ship 4/20 but won't reach Seattle until 5/12, she said "we have no shipping bottlenecks that I know of". She did say that the date in the DB is an estimated day and that "it's always better to estimate further than too soon".....

How is Nissan ever going to reach their goals of 20,000 Leaf deliveries by September under these conditions?

Last night I received the following message from our PD (Eastside Nissan in Bellevue):

Hello all.

You are receiving this email because you have a Leaf that, according to your Nissan Leaf Dashboard, has at some point shown an arrival time between this week and mid-May.

As some of you have undoubtedly noticed, delivery dates have been moving around quite a bit. It turns out that Nissan had held a significant number of units at the port while they performed a software update on them. I’ve just been informed that your Leaf dashboards are being updated over the next several days to reflect a more realistic date of arrival and that Nissan will be contacting most of you be phone or email.

Please note that Leafs take between 11 and 18 days to get here from the time that they leave the port of Los Angeles. If your dashboard recently reflected a date of arrival that was between today and May 6th, your date of arrival will likely be moved out. Please keep an eye on your dashboard (http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf) over the next several days. If you do not see an update by Monday, please contact the Leaf help desk at: 877 664 2738.

There was no explanation as to why it takes between 11 and 18 days for cars to work their way up I-5. We'll just have to remain patient for a little while longer. I'm sure it won't kill us (but sometime the anticipation feels like it will! ;-)

scharlj said:
OK so I just did the chatty thing with Nissan CS and they told me my car was updated 4/19, meaning it's ready to ship to the dealer. But yesterday (4/20) my DB jumped to May 12. So I asked the lady in the chat why almost a month to get to Seattle and she had no answer. The only thing she said was that she had no information on the port schedule.

I asked her what shipping bottlenecks they were having since the car was ready to ship 4/20 but won't reach Seattle until 5/12, she said "we have no shipping bottlenecks that I know of". She did say that the date in the DB is an estimated day and that "it's always better to estimate further than too soon".....

How is Nissan ever going to reach their goals of 20,000 Leaf deliveries by September under these conditions?

Live Chat agent told me that my car was fixed and so now the port will schedule my car to be transferred to my dealership.
So, if all goes well, I should get a call from the dealer soon!

I was able to find out today that my car has gotten the AC fix, so now it's just a matter of how long it takes to get it to my dealer and when the dealer is ready to release it to me. They told me it takes a few days usually for the car to get from port to the dealership (at least to the Bay Area) and that the dealer usually needs to do stuff to it that takes a few days. He's talking to my dealer now to see if there's any way they can rush the process of getting the car in my hands after it arrives there since I'm currently carless. I'm still hoping I can get it by Tuesday before my husband leaves town but we'll see what happens.

Is there anyone else who had a 7 day email as far back as mid March that is still waiting on their car?

Back