April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had given up hope of delivery in April, but got a call this afternoon that my vehicle has arrived. Unfortunately it wont be ready for pickup till next week, as the technician responsible is on leave.

My dealer has probably sold as many as any dealer (over 32 last a week ago), and has had a few orphans that the salesman said, "Ya, we get $10,000 over for those".

They could not have been in a better market, gasoline wise.

thankyouOB said:
The insurance on the car is rough though, at more than $3 a day and $1200+ a year. no accidents. good driver and other discounts and all.

I am with Ameriprise and they are charging me $428/6 months. Clean record.[/quote]

what is your deducible. mine was $500.[/quote]

100/500 deductable

sksingh said:
Had given up hope of delivery in April, but got a call this afternoon that my vehicle has arrived. Unfortunately it wont be ready for pickup till next week, as the technician responsible is on leave.

Congratulations!!

Tell your dealer to call the technician from vacation or get a technician from other dealers to get your car ready. What's more important - your car of the tech's vacation?

waiting4leaf said:
sksingh said:

Congratulations!!

Tell your dealer to call the technician from vacation or get a technician from other dealers to get your car ready. What's more important - your car of the tech's vacation?

Thanks, I did ask if they had just one person on staff who could take care, and it seems so. I was told he had a family emergency.

I saw some lucky April person driving their new red LEAF from Boardwalk this afternoon. North I280 near San Bruno, CA. around 3:40PM. They were driving very carefully so I am assuming they had just picked it up. Anyone from here?

I picked up my pearl LEAF on Saturday morning from Boardwalk Nissan. Figured I would be in the May(be) group, but got the call on Saturday morning. Parked next to my car was a red LEAF. Must have been the one. I also drove carefully home partly due to spending too much time looking around the car and at all the information coming back from the instrument panel and partly due to the fact that I still don’t have my charger installed. It was supposed to be installed prior to me getting the car.

JohnP said:
I still don’t have my charger installed. It was supposed to be installed prior to me getting the car.
No worries. Unless your daily commute is very long, you can get by on the L1 EVSE supplied with the car. We have had our Leaf for a month now and driven 1000 miles and still do not have a working L2 Blink EVSE available, since the City of San Diego has not come out and inspected our installation, and SDG&E has thus not set the second meter for our TOU service. It's costing us more $$$ to charge, but we just plug it in whenever we park it and it always completes charging overnight, though we usually only charge to 80% and have only charged to 100% one time.

TT

Picked up my LEAF on Friday so I made it in April eventhough my DB said "Week of May 5th". Made it home 49.5 miles with 18 miles remaining. Started out with 101 miles estimated range. (Hills suck the battery down pretty good) :D

Bassman said:
Picked up my LEAF on Friday so I made it in April eventhough my DB said "Week of May 5th". Made it home 49.5 miles with 18 miles remaining. Started out with 101 miles estimated range. (Hills suck the battery down pretty good) :D
That's 1,500 feet of "hills" ... just thought it should be mentioned so newbies don't get scared off ...

Congrats ! Let us know how that long commute goes :)

My DB still says Week of April 22, but no Leaf for us yet. So it's off to May(be) land.

This past Friday, my youngest and I were heading out to a YMCA Adventure Guides camp out. We were passing by my dealer on the freeway when I saw a car carrier with a silver Leaf on it. "Hold on Kyle, we're taking a little side trip!"

The carrier also had a blue Leaf (could it be???), and a van, and that's all. I drove onto the lot, and I saw six brand-new, just-of-the-truck Leafs (still had the white wrap on the top). I got out and inspected the VINs on the blue ones. Nope, none of them were ours. Oh well, we had a camp out to head to anyway. But it was exciting to see that little cluster of new Leafs all huddled together! Gave me hope that our's will be there soon.

Wow! Leon reported receiving 18 Leafs last Thursday at Mossy Kearney Mesa and lonndoggie saw 6 (or was it 8?) at Mossy O'side, but only one SD county MNLer (RevBrent) has reported getting their car lately!?! That's kind of depressing!

lonndoggie said:
I drove onto the lot, and I saw six brand-new, just-of-the-truck Leafs (still had the white wrap on the top). I got out and inspected the VINs on the blue ones. Nope, none of them were ours.

Where's your dedication and devotion? No list of six VINs to post? Awww..

Back