Carwings down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericinor

Is Carwings down this evening or is it just my Leaf? Wife got rear-ended this morning in it, and I haven't been able to get a Carwings connection since. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if something in the vehicle broke. I've tried connecting from my android Leaf app, the Nissan website, and connecting from the car to Carwings for a station update; none of which were successful.

I am having the same problem. I gave my car for service today and now it isn't working. I am not sure if its the service center that did something or carwings is down. so if others can chime in it will be great...

Mine appears to be also 'down', and I'm sorry to hear your wife (and Leaf) was in an accident. Hope all will be well.

I can't seem to get a status update from the Blink app on Android, from Autoflugel or from the Nissan website.

I can't connect either, and no issuses on my end that I am aware of. Please keep us posted, so I will know that it is not my problem.

Yep, mine was down last night too, I tried three times to get an update via Android Carwings, unsuccessful.
7:07 am eastern time - still down.

Same here as well. Unlike previous 'Carwings down' posts on this site, I can log into everything related to the car (Nissan Owners, Carwings, Android app) but attempting an update results in a communications error. From car itself, too, no dice.

Fortunately, the car's charge and heat timers still worked as programmed.

Had this same problem last week, which was unfortunate because I was out of town and like to check on my car (was able to get updates only when IT decided to "phone home"). Don't know why CarWings has been down so much lately, but all the apps in the world don't matter when the database source is down!

There is a possibility that the new app "GreenCharge", which requests updates from the cars every 5 minutes, 24/7, is clogging CARWINGS servers...

Does that qualify as an unintentional "cyberattack"? :lol:

I didn't get a charge complete notification last night so while still in bed I tried to use my leaf portal website but it wasn't working either. The car did charge, just no notification. Seems to be back up now.

It's not back up for me here (Bay Area, CA). Stopped being able to get updates yesterday around 5pm. Still down 8am today. Trying to do a charge station update from the car gives an error, so it's not just the phone/web login.

OK, so it's not just me. My NAV is showing no cellular connectivity. Are you guys seeing the same? Post from a year ago :

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2599" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is cellular signal available (antenna and bars), but when going into the CARWINGS menu, the icon showing no system response (car with the "w" above it all crossed out) is present.

Don't confuse your cell phones signal with the cell phone of the car itself. It has bars next to a picture of a little car.

Yesterday while driving I saw the screen go blank and then restart with the e and No Emmisions screen (no loss of power, just the screen). Since then I have no CarWings. I have the icon on the screen showing CarWings with the / thru it and it is not communicating. I thought it was only my car. I was going to call to see if CarWings was doing monthly maintenance but seeing others with the same problem I will just wait a day before getting it checked out.

I suspect Carwings is down until they can program an effective counter-measure to GreenCharge, or get GreenCharge to quit.

I suspect that making 2 (two calls, one to the car, and one from the car to the server) x 10,000 (number of LEAFs) x 24 (hours per day) x 12 (sessions each 5 minutes, in one hour) "phone calls" (about 6,000,000) a day is about 1000 times more than what Carwings was intended to support.

I started having trouble yesterday at ~11:00am. I went into my Carwings preferences on the Nissan website and updated my settings at which point it started working again. It stopped again last night and I'm having the same issues as you all. It's still broken as of 11:00am. I'm in the Bay Area.

Back