Chademo chargers in Napa Valley

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhog

So, Recargo reports that there is a Blink Chademo charger free to use with a Blink card at Chateau Montelena Winery in Calistoga. It also says that there is an Aerovironment Chademo at the Napa River Inn in Napa. Has anyone used either or both of these? Wondering what type of card is needed for the Aerovironment. I assume it is a Chargepoint card. :?:

rawhog said:
Wondering what type of card is needed for the Aerovironment. I assume it is a Chargepoint card. :?:

Chargepoint's site doesn't list this L3 station. The unit was actually donated by Nissan, so part of the deal may be that the hosts have offer free charging for a certain period of time, though I suppose this could be circumvented by making you pay for "parking."

Anyone used the DC charger at the Napa River Inn recently?

Any fobs, cards, or secret handshakes required?

I just called the Inn, and their report is the DC is working, but I've been told the same thing by so many site hosts that do not know the difference between DC and AC, I have low confidence in this report.

As is typical, plugshare's method of reporting slow AC and fast DC reports at the same site results in polluting the site with incoherent and/or L2 charge reports.

As to the Calistoga DC, I've used it before, but it is only turned on at limited hours, is off by ~3:30 PM, and the current plugshare reports are ~ just as incoherent, for the same reasons.

Is it not clear to everyone that BEVs require a dedicated directory of public DC stations?

I have used the one there. It is next to the tasting room and there is no charge for parking. It is a Blink unit. There is also a L2 Blink with a really touchy screen. The winery is staffed by great people, please support them if you charge there.

I've used the one at Chateau Montelena in Calistoga. It's a Blink, and worked fine. If you go in for wine tasting, they waive the fee if you arrived in an electric car.

The QC at Chateau Montelena is supposedly $5 per session. I arrived 20 minutes before the charger automatically shuts down for the night. So, did not get a full charge. Blink charged my card $5. Then a few days later reversed the charge. The QC at Napa River Inn does not require a card.

Back