DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that event on Saturday; we're going to try and stop by even though our car doesn't arrive until the week of the 24th. We've been working with eVgo to come up with a charging solution since we live in a downtown loft apartment in a shared garage. It seems that they have a good product and ambitious plans. Originally we were planning on keeping a second car for back-up but have recently decided the LEAF will be our only car; since we walk to work it will only be used for evenings and weekends. We may do a combination of trickle charge / public charging stations when needed. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Just a last minute reminder about tomorrow's Leaf Reunion at Bankston Nissan Dallas.
Details at our website www.nteaa.org
At least three Leafs, two conversions and an NMG confirmed, I hope you other guys are coming out. I know that 7 Leafs have been delivered at Bankston alone. I saw a silver one with dealer plates from Grapevine at Half Price books last week. You know who you are, you better be there!
EVGO will be there with their with info. We are setting up early if anyone wants to come out and help.
We will be next door (well sort of, just down the service road to that west) at REI at 10 AM for the first hour or so, but the cars will be on display at Bankston. After the meeting will walk back over and spend some quality time answering questions and kicking tires.
Look forward to the day!

Hey Guys,
Be sure to request that "Revenge of the Electric Car" be shown in Dallas. They will choose to show the film based on what cities get the most requests.

http://www.revengeoftheelectriccar.com/index.html

Picked up my new Leaf last night from Grapevine Nissan. Thoroughly enjoying it, lots of "gadgets" onboard, not sure if I'll ever figure it out completely. The buying experience was quite the hassle. Our sales guy, Richard Curry was the easiest to deal with. He walked us through the features of the car and had us drive around until we felt comfortable. Then we were turned over to the "finance guys", which was weird since we were not financing the car. If you've ever been to a timeshare presentation, you kinda get the idea. First guy was even trying to sell us annuities. Both of them were trying to sell the extended warranty and of course when one stepped out, the other would offer a lower price. My advice, just tell them right off the bat, before they start even talking, you are not interested and you just wanna pay for your leaf and get going; otherwise, you'll be there for another 2 hours.
Hope to see ya'll on the road.
Cheers

Our Leaf arrived at Bankston Monday, but we won't be able to pick it up until Friday due to work schedules. So it's sitting there on the lot waiting for a home, while our apartment community finally installs a charging outlet for us this week (perfect timing). I'm sure we'll spend the holiday weekend driving all over town testing out the range and features. This will be our sole vehicle, so it's exciting and we're up for the challenge.

Just got my windows tinted. As you guys know, the heat is pretty brutal right now in DFW. Did a bit of research, probably too much, but finally went with Wincos by Madico. Had it done by Tritek in Garland. Kinda expensive at $400, (they have an online coupon, of course I forgot to bring it) but it blocks a lot of solar energy but still allowing quite a bit of visibility (not too dark so you don't have trouble seeing out, esp at night), doesn't interfere with GPS/phone reception and they have a lifetime warranty. It looks great and I'm happy. Drove out there a little after 9 AM with the AC set on 78, on the trip back around 12:30 I had to raise the temp to 80 because it was feeling too cool. BTW, the workers at the tent shop loved the Leaf and wanted to buy one, surprised me since they seem to be more into Fast and the Furious type of cars; guess we're changing peoples perspective of what's "cool".

dfwcre8tive said:
Our Leaf arrived at Bankston Monday, but we won't be able to pick it up until Friday due to work schedules. So it's sitting there on the lot waiting for a home, while our apartment community finally installs a charging outlet for us this week (perfect timing). I'm sure we'll spend the holiday weekend driving all over town testing out the range and features. This will be our sole vehicle, so it's exciting and we're up for the challenge.
Congrats. I guess you passed on EVGO service.

An article in the Dallas Morning News today talks about EVs in North Texas (and charging infrastructure). Has anyone used the Blink network?

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/dallas/headlines/20110630-dallas-area-electric-vehicle-charging-stations-fuel-curiosity.ece

Despite living in the historic center of Dallas, our zip code does not qualify us to be a part of the Dallas EV Project. What areas are covered?

As far as I know, the EV project (for the purpose of getting a free charger and free QC port) is not happening in Texas, but we are part of the project in getting local charging stations. I live in the southern area of the metroplex and got refused too. When I first did my research on the project awhile back, Texas was never listed for the full ev project.

As for the article its a shame that I didn't know about those chargers otherwise I would go visit these places!! Blink's site map for chargers has never been ready yet, and google maps, plugshare, DoE alt fuels map, carwings, etc. don't show the blink chargers at all. It makes me really wonder if they want these chargers used or to succeed. How can I go to your place of business and eat/shop there if I don't know you have a charger! Once I find out which mcdonalds has this charger installed I probably will go visit it (even though I don't particularly care for mcdonalds) just to support it! The only public charger I have used so far was the whole foods in Allen, which, despite chargepoint's map, is active and ready (chargepoint says its unavailable). Whole foods said I was the first to use it! :D

^ Good to know. I haven't found a good source for a listing of all charging stations in the area. That article mentions a few, and Blink mentions a few on their Facebook page, such as at Green Spot Market (www.facebook.com/blinknetwork). Then there are others not listed on any site (the downtown Sheraton has some).

dfwcre8tive said:
An article in the Dallas Morning News today talks about EVs in North Texas (and charging infrastructure). Has anyone used the Blink network?

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/dallas/headlines/20110630-dallas-area-electric-vehicle-charging-stations-fuel-curiosity.ece

Despite living in the historic center of Dallas, our zip code does not qualify us to be a part of the Dallas EV Project. What areas are covered?

Since i work in Irving this article really got my attention. I called the 3 McDonalds restaurant's in Irving trying to find which one has charging stations and found it . In case anyone is interested it is at 302 West Irving Boulevard. I planned to visit as soon as I can.

Interesting side note, I spoke on the phone to 3 people at that McDonalds before someone knew what I was talking about and told me "Oh yeah, we have those, but nobody ever uses them."

dfwcre8tive, thank you for posting that article. 58phil there is no wonder that nobody has any idea that there are blink chargers out there. Come on blink, post a map or a list.

Took delivery of our black Leaf yesterday from Bankston and loving it already! For now we'll be charging L1 from a new dedicated outlet in our shared apartment garage. We're still hoping to get an L2 charger independently or through eVgo, but it may be a while for our building owners to cooperate. We have a window tinting appointment for next weekend which will really help with this crazy heat!

264536_545076536556_146501028_31141304_6467495_n.jpg

dfwcre8tive said:
Took delivery of our black Leaf yesterday from Bankston and loving it already! For now we'll be charging L1 from a new dedicated outlet in our shared apartment garage. We're still hoping to get an L2 charger independently or through eVgo, but it may be a while for our building owners to cooperate. We have a window tinting appointment for next weekend which will really help with this crazy heat!

I think that's the best picture of a Black Leaf that I have seen! Now... go for the dark tint, some black rims and red brake calipers... then you will be Evil Leaf!

:)

Here's a map someone posted for me on the Blink Facebook page which shows Blink's chargers in the DFW area:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210228886621122039571.0004a584cecedf2bff165&msa=0

jhm614 said:
dfwcre8tive said:

I think that's the best picture of a Black Leaf that I have seen! Now... go for the dark tint, some black rims and red brake calipers... then you will be Evil Leaf!

:)

Thanks. We love the eco package and how it adds a bit of color to the interior. We are planning on tinting pretty dark next weekend.

Here are a few photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfwcre8tive/sets/72157627102307798/

5895951214_5c2b7896e5_b.jpg

5895379099_76c090a02e_b.jpg

5895953184_594831d6ba_b.jpg

Welcome new Leaf-ites.
The NTEAA is having another meeting this saturday to christen the new Blink charge stations at the Green Spot in East Dallas
Saturday July 9, 2011

Green Spot Market and Fuels
702 N. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX 75218
Meeting time is 10 am to Noon

It is their weekend for the art and farmers market so it will be a great excuse to come out and see some EVs and pick up some farm fresh eggs! You might want to come early. Market goes from 8 am until 1 pm.
Look forward to seeing some new faces.

Welcome new Leaf-ites.
The NTEAA is having another meeting this saturday to christen the new Blink charge stations at the Green Spot in East Dallas
Saturday July 9, 2011

Green Spot Market and Fuels
702 N. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX 75218
Meeting time is 10 am to Noon

It is their weekend for the art and farmers market so it will be a great excuse to come out and see some EVs and pick up some farm fresh eggs! You might want to come early. Market goes from 8 am until 1 pm.
Look forward to seeing some new faces.

So sorry for double post!
I meant to click on the Texas group and clicked DFW again!
Well now you really know about the event.
Congrats dfwcre8tive, it was nice to meet you guys in June, and the car looks great in black. Nice shots by the way.

Back