EV drivers can abuse chargers, too

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levenkay

This was the scene at the Tigard Fred Meyer DCFC this morning as I stopped in to try and compensate for another of my home Blink unit's failures to charge.

Bad enough that the DCFC (if/when it works) is ICEd; now there's danger of it being hogged, too

Levenkay said:
This was the scene at the Tigard Fred Meyer DCFC this morning as I stopped in to try and compensate for another of my home Blink unit's failures to charge.

Bad enough that the DCFC (if/when it works) is ICEd; now there's danger of it being hogged, too
Was he charging? I see that he did a really crumy job of parking.

The only time I have charged there the right side was ICE'd and the left side didn't work. So I waited until the jerk using the ATM left then backed my car up and moved it over to the right stall. I was still a bit over the line but not like that!

Sorry, that stinks. Does that charger actually work? I went there a couple of times it was never working when I went.

Seems likely they knew the left side didn't work.
But still bad form to take both parking spots.
I parked like that once at the new Sears DCFC because I knew that the right side touch screen had been bad, and I wanted to verify whether it was fixed or not and not have to move the car to use the other side.
But that DCFC is installed at a great location back next to the tractor trailer unloading dock.
There are always plenty of empty spaces, so I wasn't taking up a high demand parking spot.
The spot you show appears to be in a high demand parking location, which unfortunately a large % of the Blink DCFC have been installed in.
So does appear it was bad form for the LEAF driver to take both spots.

Sometimes you've got to give the benefit of the doubt. I've had to park over a line now and then, just because of the way that other people have parked in proximity. Once I came back to find a nasty note on the windshield. Everyone else had departed, leaving me to look like the jerk. :cry:

Nubo said:
Sometimes you've got to give the benefit of the doubt. I've had to park over a line now and then, just because of the way that other people have parked in proximity. Once I came back to find a nasty note on the windshield. Everyone else had departed, leaving me to look like the jerk. :cry:
Agreed. My instantaneous reaction to seeing someone parked like this is to hear the memory of my dad's voice in similar situations saying disgustedly "Where'd you get your license, out of a Sear's Roebuck catalog?" (Dad was a truck driver and had zero respect for sloppy driving and parking). But having been forced by others to park 'badly', I try to hold back my snort of derision when I see this.

Levenkay said:

That Leaf has Arizona license plates, so I'm pretty sure it is a ECOtality testing/service vehicle for the DCQC stations here in Oregon. That station has had a lot of issues lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on it.

Nubo said:
Good point. I thought of that too, after I posted. And no, I didn't leave a note. Didn't even get out of my car; I was on the way to work, and didn't absolutely have to take on more energy. If it'd been available, I'd have plugged in long enough to buy a bag of crackers and an apple or something, but as it was, I just took a clumsy phone pic through the windshield and drove on.

DarkStar said:
That Leaf has Arizona license plates, so I'm pretty sure it is a ECOtality testing/service vehicle for the DCQC stations here in Oregon. That station has had a lot of issues lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on it.

+1 Last summer I had the pleasure to meet the supervisor and the technician at the Fred Meyer on Halsey. They park like that when they need to test both sides, but they were there.

I asked them how long did it take them to drive the Leaf from Phoenix to Portland :) .

Back