Extend an under-driven LEAF lease?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padamson1

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am not driving my LEAF as much as I used to and it appears that I will come up about 5k miles short of 36k when my LEAF lease runs out next year.

This is the first car I have leased, so other than buying the car when the lease is over, I am unaware of any other options. Does anybody know if one can somehow extend a lease up to the mileage that you signed up for? In my case another 6mos?

I'd love to get a few more months so I could wait for a Model X or Mercedes B-Class without having to buy another car....

padamson1 said:
Due to unforeseen circumstances I am not driving my LEAF as much as I used to and it appears that I will come up about 5k miles short of 36k when my LEAF lease runs out next year.

This is the first car I have leased, so other than buying the car when the lease is over, I am unaware of any other options. Does anybody know if one can somehow extend a lease up to the mileage that you signed up for? In my case another 6mos?

I'd love to get a few more months so I could wait for a Model X or Mercedes B-Class without having to buy another car....

AFAIK most leases are for term, not mileage. Mileage is not a parameter of the lease agreement, but a limitation, which said that you may not drive MORE than the stated number of miles without inuring a penalty.
Your lease agreement is for the time. So, even if you don't drive your leaf at all, it's still same deal for 3 years.
After 3 years you'll need to compare market value of used leaf with your mileage/age and lease risidual value, and if there's a significant win for you just buy it and sell it when you are ready for a new car.

Back