First damage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to say this but I had an experience that I'd like to share to warn LEAF owners. Last summer I was in a casual conversation with some people about the LEAF. One nasty individual said that he thought that all these electric cars are "B***S***". There was no reasoning with him because he thought that there was more oil and natural gas under the Dakotas than in Saudi Arabia and the government was preventing drilling. That has made me mindful that there are people out there that are antagonistic about those of us trying to wean ourselves from oil.

ERG4ALL said:
I hate to say this but I had an experience that I'd like to share to warn LEAF owners. Last summer I was in a casual conversation with some people about the LEAF. One nasty individual said that he thought that all these electric cars are "B***S***". There was no reasoning with him because he thought that there was more oil and natural gas under the Dakotas than in Saudi Arabia and the government was preventing drilling. That has made me mindful that there are people out there that are antagonistic about those of us trying to wean ourselves from oil.

people like that are idiots. i have no issues whatsoever getting power as long as it is from the US. the 400+ billion a year we spend IS NOT for oil from the Dakotas or anywhere else in this country

DaveinOlyWA said:
people like that are idiots. i have no issues whatsoever getting power as long as it is from the US. the 400+ billion a year we spend IS NOT for oil from the Dakotas or anywhere else in this country
People like that may indeed be idiots, but that doesn't mean they don't know how to key the side of one of those "GD electric cars" or "accidentally" open a Hummer door "just a little bit too hard" in a crowded parking lot.

Glenn

Glenn said:
People like that may indeed be idiots, but that doesn't mean they don't know how to key the side of one of those "GD electric cars" or "accidentally" open a Hummer door "just a little bit too hard" in a crowded parking lot.

Glenn

too true too true. and the tragic thing is that if everyone knew the true cost of buying foreign oil, most would have a much different opinion of what we are sacrificing our wallets for

DaveinOlyWA said:
Glenn said:
too true too true. and the tragic thing is that if everyone knew the true cost of buying foreign oil, most would have a much different opinion of what we are sacrificing our wallets for

Agreed--I have a neighbor that's the epitome of sloth when it comes to the environment, but he's more excited about my forthcoming LEAF than anyone else in the neighborhood. Why? He hates sending over a billion $/day to countries that support anti-US terrorism. So, I overlook the fact that he drives his Jeep Grand Cherokee only 3 miles to work each day when I'm driving 33 in my Prius.

I'm thinking we may need to be on the look out for intentional damage to our LEAFs. I was showing a friend my LEAF in a parking lot a few weeks ago and a guy flipped us off and said "that GD car runs on coal!" He then jumped in a V8 Mercedes and sped off. My friend was aghast, but he wasn't aware of the how the reactionary right wing is attempting to turn the electric car into a political issue tied to the Obama administration.

ENIAC said:
I'm thinking we may need to be on the look out for intentional damage to our LEAFs. I was showing a friend my LEAF in a parking lot a few weeks ago and a guy flipped us off and said "that GD car runs on coal!" He then jumped in a V8 Mercedes and sped off. My friend was aghast, but he wasn't aware of the how the reactionary right wing is attempting to turn the electric car into a political issue tied to the Obama administration.

Seems like one of the few things that Dems and Reps can agree upon, i.e., the need for alternate fuel vehicles. Where are you at, ENIAC? I am surprised that people who would know about the LEAF would be uninformed about your fuel source. From what I've read, the only place in North America where the LEAF isn't a better choice (because of coal) is West Virginia. Oops, are we off topic now?

Door dings, and bumps and scraps from people walking by are just part of driving in the wild. Most will be innocent (but unfortunate and careless), hopefully none will be intentional.

ENIAC said:

When I get my LEAF, I'm planning on parking it the farthest away from every store and get some extra exercise. It will be worth it to me not to get all those 'dings' and dents.

The first ding, paint chip and scratch is always the hardest. Should get easier after this... :)

First customer-LEAF "more substantial" damage:
It happened this morning on the 134 freeway. The driver accidently ran over a "big piece of metal" on the freeway, and it damaged (scraped off paint and dented in) the long, narrow panel under the doors on the driver's side.

garygid said:
First customer-LEAF "more substantial" damage:
It happened this morning on the 134 freeway. The driver accidently ran over a "big piece of metal" on the freeway, and it damaged (scraped off paint and dented in) the long, narrow panel under the doors on the driver's side.

OUCH!! Guess I won't say anything after getting a door ding. I did notice that this is my first car that does not have anything added on the side to prevent bumps and door digs. Do you think this is something that can be added (color matched) later?

Gonewild said:
That's not called for and very distasteful.

OFF topic as well and should be DELETED

I agree; I have a Leaf on order, but I may soon give up on this forum. Accuracy and reasonableness seem to be falling by the wayside. :(

I'm thinking we may need to be on the look out for intentional damage to our LEAFs. I was showing a friend my LEAF in a parking lot a few weeks ago and a guy flipped us off and said "that GD car runs on coal!" He then jumped in a V8 Mercedes and sped off.

Sorry, I don't believe a word of this.

Anyway, you really believe people are going to intentionally damage your car because it's electric? OK...

My friend was aghast, but he wasn't aware of the how the reactionary right wing is attempting to turn the electric car into a political issue tied to the Obama administration.

As opposed to the reactionary left wing that believe that we blew up our own buildings on 9-11. :roll:

So I guess political photoshops are fair game in the future.

Nice to know.

I, for one, like the picture, just for those who've so quickly forgotten how bad we had it for 8 very long years.

walterbays said:
ENIAC said:
... "that GD car runs on coal!" He then jumped in a V8 Mercedes and sped off.
Mercedes. No doubt he also shouted that you were all disloyal for buying a foreign car, as confused about the locations of Stuttgart and Smyrna as the other guy was about Dakota and Saudi Arabia. :)
My friend was aghast, but he wasn't aware of the how the reactionary right wing is attempting to turn the electric car into a political issue tied to the Obama administration.
I think there are a lot more reasonable and patriotic conservatives than the lunatic fringe, who just happen to make a lot more noise. And I expect the former know that this country was founded by people who didn't want to kiss up to a king.
171-1216121412-BushKissingSaudiPrince.jpg

Back