Month of X to Pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<Dear Masked SuperHero>, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last few weeks. As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."
Initially April 2011 then May 2011
Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:32 PM PST Received email notice of Im-"Pending" delay...
Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 PM PST "my account" updated to "Pending"
Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 AM PST "my account" updated to "month of June 2011", Color Change disabled, CarWings diabled.

Urghhh!!! Not the news I wanted to hear, but at least it's coming. Everytime I've purchased an EV, I've been on waiting lists for close to a year. On the EV1, GM actually reviewed prospective buyers to decide if they were acceptable! Ahh... well, it's more than worth it when you finally get the vehicle, even if it means possibly missing out on some incentives. When I purchased my RAV4 EV and Prius in the same year, I lost out on taxes since business at the consulting firm I worked for was slow that year, meaning I had less income, I did the right thing twice (EV + Prius) in one year and the tax reabates had to be taken in that tax year and can't be carried forward to the next year, even though most people own the cars and won't be purchasing a replacement for 5 to 10 years, all that conspired to hit me with the AMT! Still, I won in the end since I HAVE THE EV!! So it will be with the LEAF!

Can someone post where it is you see the color change option? I think I'm looking in the right place (Bottom of page > your Nissan LEAF section > view your config link) but I'm not absolutely positive. Clicking the link shows "order your Nissan LEAF: summary" with no apparent options for changing color.

exactly the same on my end - this morning my status changed from Pending to "Month of June"

(4/20 deposit. October order)

Okay, now I'm confoozled, and incredibly wary in terms of... well, belief, but my DB went from "Month of April" (for a couple of months) to "Pending" (2 days ago?) to... (drumroll please):

WEEK OF APRIL 18.

What the FOXTROT is Nissan doing to their systems??

~Y~

Ordered 9/29/2010 4:13PM (PDT)*
Delivery - April 2011... no, Pending... er, Week of April 18??

*Received "You can now RAQ..." e-mail at 3:08 PM the same day.

Yohannon said:
Okay, now I'm confoozled, and incredibly wary in terms of... well, belief, but my DB went from "Month of April" (for a couple of months) to "Pending" (2 days ago?) to... (drumroll please):

WEEK OF APRIL 18.

What the FOXTROT is Nissan doing to their systems??

~Y~

Delivery - April 2011... no, Pending... er, Week of April 18??

It seems obvious that they pulled back as many cars as possible and are now doling them out according to priorities. A September order like yours was scheduled nice and soon, in fact, just a little before my Oct 1 order, as it should be.

Yohannon, That is actually consistent with people coming out of the lastest pending hold.

smkettner who also ordered on 9/29 got a 4/22 date and Leafittome who order earlier on 9/20 got a 4/7 date (but may be on hold for A/C fix in LB). cordero, TonyWilliams and myself who order on 9/30 have the 5/2 date.

BnBinSD said:
Month of April - Pending - Week of May 2 as of today, woo-hoo! :)

Hoping this isn't just a dream...

You, me, and MikeK all from SD all getting GP ETEC. My order was from Mossy Kearny Mesa. All with May 2 date as of now.
Hmmm...

FIGHT!

Turbo3 said:
Yohannon, That is actually consistent with people coming out of the lastest pending hold.

smkettner who also ordered on 9/29 got a 4/22 date and Leafittome who order earlier on 9/20 got a 4/7 date (but may be on hold for A/C fix in LB). cordero, TonyWilliams and myself who order on 9/30 have the 5/2 date.

I guess I was actually getting used to the Wonderland logic of the delivery dates to... um, date (t IS a friday when my syntax become this tortured!). I suspect davewill is right, and Nissan is finally unravelling that tangled web.

~Y~
Delivery - Week Of April 18! ('Tis not a dream!)

May...Pending...Month of June as of this morning!

Reserved 4/20/2010 - 7:19PM
Ordered 10/27/2010

Went from pending to week of May 2. I ordered on October 1. I see others in San Diego with the same change.

buddf, Did you ever go through Pending. I think you are saying you never did or did not see it go to pending. Did you get the pending email that came out about a week back?

Never mind, I searched and see you did go to pending between May and July.

Turbo3 said:

smkettner who also ordered on 9/29 got a 4/22 date and......
I never reverted back to pending.
My date of 4/15 and VIN was given in March. My date has bounced around and is at 4/22 for a week now.

I consider mine to be of the few that were not forgotten. Not a jumper, no delay. Just normal sequence if that even seems possible.

hv2go, Strange, both you and Rat ordered on Sept 29 and got a June 2011 date.

Did you call CS in the last few days and did they say they were putting your name on a special spreadsheet to try and get you a car?

Turbo3 said:
hv2go, Strange, both you and Rat ordered on Sept 29 and got a June 2011 date.

Did you call CS in the last few days and did they say they were putting your name on a special spreadsheet to try and get you a car?

Don't know about a special spreadsheet, but on Tuesday CS chat escalated my account to the leadership team.

hv2go said:
April > May > Pending > month of June

Sep. 29 order requested and accepted.
bummer
I think they are still trying to sort everything out, so I would not necessarily assume that your car will not arrive until June at this point.

As I am in similar shoes (April > May > Pending > month of June), I sent in e-mail off to CS today asking if latest e-mail from Nissan and change in dashboard should be relied upon. Here is the key component of CS's reply: "Your LEAF is here and the update on your dashboard does not apply to your LEAF."

Back