My Leaf Died Today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the notice that Nissan sent out also said they would come to you to do the software upgrade. If the dealer could not do the fix (not all dealers are equal in service or quality), I would have called another one, or pressed the issue with Nissan corporate. I bet they would have worked with you to get the car updated ASAP. I would never turn off my car while I was in the flow of traffic. Hopefully others can read this thread and will not make the same mistake. Hope you can get the car fixed and back on the road soon. It's good that the community here has lots of great tips on how to fix issues that you might run into. Great resource.

-Peter

dleesim said:
....Even today, after calling roadside assistance, the dealership repeated that they can't fix the problem and doesn't know when it can.

My tone here doesn't come close to approximating my fury with the dealership at their ineffectual response toward rectifying the problem. ...
Not a happy Leaf owner.

I think you have every right to be angry with the dealer you were dealing with. While turning the car off in traffic was maybe not the best reflex, I do understand how rapidly stress can take over in this type of situation, especially with two kids in the car. Driving electric is so totally different from driving ICE that I think we can all expect to make a few blunders in the beginning. I've heard a few stories from folks about specific dealers who do not seem to be "getting with the program". A dealer who does not even sell Leafs should realize that, thanks to the Leaf, the Nissan brand recognition is exploding and this has got to be good for business all the way around. Any dealer that is not in support of the companies flag ship car should be blasted by the public and by corporate. For this to be the revolution Nissan is hoping, any dealer, Leaf certified or not, should put a smile on their face and go the extra mile for the early adapters regardless of where the car was purchased and either provide the help they need or make the phone calls to find out someone who can!!!

so far, every Nissan employee and dealer that I've had contact with has been nothing short of excited in my purchase and proud to be associated with the ground breaking technology and more than happy to help... as it should be!

G

z0ner said:
People, the OP has one post to his/her name, and it was over a week ago.

Either trolling and having a laugh at your expense, or hiding in a corner afraid to post a follow-up. In either case, move along - there's nothing to see here.

Seriously +1. Just an innocent victim of Nissan's evil plot to have people shut off their cars in traffic and get their children run over :shock: Nice hit and run thread + title. Didn't catch the VIN#...

TRONZ said:
z0ner said:
People, the OP has one post to his/her name, and it was over a week ago.

Either trolling and having a laugh at your expense, or hiding in a corner afraid to post a follow-up. In either case, move along - there's nothing to see here.

Seriously +1. Just an innocent victim of Nissan's evil plot to have people shut off their cars in traffic and get their children run over :shock: Nice hit and run thread + title. Didn't catch the VIN#...

speculating on whether the OP is genuine or not seems pointless and risks discouraging newcomers from posting even if this OP happens to be a troll, IMHO, I find this kind of response alienating. to me the value really is determined by whether the discussion point leads to useful discourse. I think something constructive can be had by this thread... just my 2 cents.

g

GaslessInSeattle said:
speculating on whether the OP is genuine or not seems pointless and risks discouraging newcomers from posting even if this OP happens to be a troll, IMHO, I find this kind of response alienating. to me the value really is determined by whether the discussion point leads to useful discourse. I think something constructive can be had by this thread... just my 2 cents.
Yup. Responsibility for the OP problem is:

Nissan Dealer - 50%
OP - 50%
Nissan Corporate - 0%

Stoaty said:
GaslessInSeattle said:
Yup. Responsibility for the OP problem is:

Nissan Dealer - 50%
OP - 50%
Nissan Corporate - 0%
The OP seemed to read that he knew about the issue. I put 100% to operator error.

smkettner said:
The OP seemed to read that he knew about the issue. I put 100% to operator error.
The OP had recently joined this forum, and almost certainly had not read more than a tiny fraction of it. I speculate that after getting home from his harrowing experience he did a forum search and learned about the problem.

Ray

Back