NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lspooz said:
....gone from a delivery date week of Dec 12 [unchanged in the past 4 weeks or so] to 'Pending' back on Wednesday early morning...... :)

Problem solved! I got the call Friday afternoon - my local dealer (Modern - thanks Joe!) tells me that when the car is loaded onto the truck it went to pending, but isn't tracked otherwise so no one had more specific information.

Haven't posted since, due to playing with the new toy (over 100 miles since Friday - love it!love it! love it!) No regrets, just wondering when I can replace my wife's car with another EV in a few years after the batter capacity and QC access improves in this end of the country - although this is also a GREAT time to buy a Volt with all the foolish press re the recent fires)

Congrats to you. Yes, been playing with Leaf. It was 28 F this AM. Preheated with timer. drove to town with seat and steering wheel heat on. I did notice a little chill on my left leg and I believe I had the fresh air coming in. other than that I was comfortable. I did a mountain climb test sat. I failed to write it down and my old fart brain had crashed. I will try again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mule Ferguson

My car is here! From California!

It was supposed to arrive Dec. 22nd, but they called on the 22nd and moved it back to the 24th, then called late on the 24th, to say first thing on the 25th, then called twice on the 25th moving it back in time. It finally arrived at noon!

Car was dirty from the cross country trip, but otherwise fine.

Next stop: Registration (when the DMV offices re-open on Wednesday).

So I would say all went well with ordering the car from a California dealer...but it means taking ownership of a car about 2.5 weeks before you actually see it for the first time. Not something for those without faith and trust.

"I got my leaf" thread seems to indicate around 6 delivered so far in the triangle, but Chris at Leith said today that they had gotten 20 of the US allotment so perhaps there will be more.

Anyway, we officially bought the car today (and wrote a check), but at the moment I'm relegated to reading manuals & setting up carwings because the Advanced Energy boxes won't be in until January. Anyone else in that spot?

Our own version of Pending, Pending, .....

copdoc said:
"I got my leaf" thread seems to indicate around 6 delivered so far in the triangle, but Chris at Leith said today that they had gotten 20 of the US allotment so perhaps there will be more.

Anyway, we officially bought the car today (and wrote a check), but at the moment I'm relegated to reading manuals & setting up carwings because the Advanced Energy boxes won't be in until January. Anyone else in that spot?

Our own version of Pending, Pending, .....

There should be a lot more than that at this point. Southern States said they were delivering 12 in December and I'm guessing the other dealerships have similar numbers.

By that spot, if you mean not having an L2 EVSE, we went a month just using the L1 EVSE that came with the car before Progress Energy got ours installed. We still managed to put 1400 miles on the car that month and there were only a couple times where the slow charging prevented us from taking the car where we wanted to go.

rnkepler said:
copdoc said:

By that spot, if you mean not having an L2 EVSE, we went a month just using the L1 EVSE that came with the car before Progress Energy got ours installed. We still managed to put 1400 miles on the car that month and there were only a couple times where the slow charging prevented us from taking the car where we wanted to go.

We're actually waiting for the car as well as for the charger. Advanced Energy had a program where selected folks agreed to a bread-box-sized data recorder in the trunk in exchange for a $7500 rebate. The cars are here and ready but the data recorders aren't in yet so I can't take delivery of the car. :(

copdoc said:
We're actually waiting for the car as well as for the charger. Advanced Energy had a program where selected folks agreed to a bread-box-sized data recorder in the trunk in exchange for a $7500 rebate. The cars are here and ready but the data recorders aren't in yet so I can't take delivery of the car. :(
When you get the box installed, can you take a picture and post it here?:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5835
Someone bought an leaf with a mysterious box in the trunk and I don't think it was ever solved. Inquiring minds want to know!

The mysterious box looks very very like the picture they showed us so I expect it will be the same. I'll post info in that thread.

sitting here waiting on Beco (from High Point) to come to evaluate my uber-easy installation. Then I suppose they'll have to drive back from High Point to install it. My instinct for gas savings is screaming that there is still no Raleigh subcontractor.

edit: 168 miles round-trip, 18 mpg assumed for their truck with equipment, $3.49 average gas price = $32.57 plus 34 pounds of CO2 in my air to tell me that they can run 6 feet of wire and that I have a spare 40-amp circuit in the breaker box.

copdoc said:
sitting here waiting on Beco (from High Point) to come to evaluate my uber-easy installation. Then I suppose they'll have to drive back from High Point to install it. My instinct for gas savings is screaming that there is still no Raleigh subcontractor.

No kidding! They've been to my house 3 times: once to assess (actually that wasn't Beco, but the guy was from out of town as well), once to install and then he had to come back and drop off the inspection paperwork he forgot to leave me...too bad the inspector came the day before. And then they'll be back a few times 4 doors up the street for my neighbor who is in the Advanced Energy program. With all THOSE installs the guy is pretty much going to be living in Raleigh for the next month anyway!

Hey Everybody,

This is Joe Joy from Modern Nissan in Winston-Salem. I have enjoyed reading the thread and hearing about everyone's experiences so far with their Leaf. Just wanted to let you guys know that I would be happy to try and answer any question that you might have about the Leaf, although it sounds like everyone here knows their stuff. I also wanted to let you know that Modern Nissan in WS has a black SL Leaf on our lot ready for delivery. If anyone is interested in coming by to test drive it or get additional information, just let me know.

Joe Joy
Modern Nissan
(336) 767-8260

Currently, the only charging stations in Winston-Salem that I know of are at dealerships. We have 3 charging stations available here at our dealership, which anyone can use. I have also been up the street to Modern Chevy and plugged our Leaf into their charger, which worked fine. I doubt it will be too long before there are a couple public charging stations in Winston. If I hear of one being installed, I will post it here.

At Capital Nissan in Wilmington I was able to get a LEAF for $500 below MSRP. That was for the SL package with the fast charger plug. I also was able to get a Level I charger courtesy of Progress Energy.

iamchemist said:
At Capital Nissan in Wilmington I was able to get a LEAF for $500 below MSRP. That was for the SL package with the fast charger plug. I also was able to get a Level I charger courtesy of Progress Energy.

It's probably an L2 charging station you got (240V). An L1 charging station would basically just be a standard 120V outlet.

Its official, picking up our 2nd Leaf tomorrow!
First was claimed by my wife. Reserved it 4/2010, delivered at Ben Mynatt in Salisbury NC on Nov 5, 2011.
Reserved another one 11/2011, picking it up also at Ben Mynatt tomorrow. It has been a long wait, especially the last 3 months.

We have been charging the first Leaf using a Siemens 8EM1111 (level 2) provided by Duke Energy's Charge Carolinas program which communicates on the ChargePoint network.
I purchased a GE Wattstation from Lowes for the second Leaf. I tested out the Wattstation a couple of times on the first Leaf. I think it actually charges a little faster than the Siemens unit.

We generate more than enough electricity to cover both Leafs using solar PV. I have photos of the Duke Charging station, the GE Wattstation and graphs of power usage on my Web site.

I posted a reply to Lance's blog last night.

I am envious of you folks in the Triangle / Raleigh with all those charging stations :).

Best,
Ken Clifton

Back