New Poll for the lucky August order people. Where do u live?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August Order People...A new more complete Poll

• 1. California-San Diego

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 2. California-Greater LA

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 3. California-San Fran and Area

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • 4. Arizona-Phoenix

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 5. Arizona-Tucson

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 6. Oregon

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 7. Washington State

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 8. Tennessee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Other...Please list.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gavin

Simple poll....we already kinda did this...but this is an update to see who got August orders and where they are from.

If you like, please add which dealer you have listed as your preferred. Especially if it isn't local to you...ie, you live in San Diego, but ordered from LA or vice versa...or not. :)

I am a September person, so I can't vote :(

Gavin

Ha, being born in Santa Monica in the early 60's, it pained me to write Greater LA....we didn't think there was anything Great about LA :)

So mwalsh, would you like to share where you preferred dealer is? even just a "greater la dealership" would be nice. But no pressure. :)

Gavin

Gavin said:
So mwalsh, would you like to share where you preferred dealer is? even just a "greater la dealership" would be nice. But no pressure. :)

I want to do that. I would love to do that. But at this point I cannot.

Honestly, I am still (to an extent) tickling dealers to see if one will jump into my arms! A couple things I can say though:

a) it's not going to be the dealer closest to my home, because they won't commit on ANY price, never mind MSRP only, and haven't shown a lot of interest in me or the Leaf.
b) it won't be is the South Bay dealer with a BBB "F" rating. Just how the hell can you be so crappy that you get a "F" rating and stay in business. ACK!

Preferred dealer has been Poway (San Diego) all along, but Leon nailed it with being first to offer significantly below MSRP.

ChicoBob said:
I marked "Other", I'm in Chico, California, 90 north of Sacramento.

Hi Bob -

Have you had you assessment done yet? If so - was it someone local, or out of Sacramento.

My assessment was done from someone in Sacramento. He said they were over 30 assessments so far including me and someone in Reno.

Wonder what order dates the Sacramento area is getting. I've been told September for me.

Are you guys talking about Ecotality/EV Project assessments or AV assessments?

WWBD said:
Are you guys talking about Ecotality/EV Project assessments or AV assessments?

Neither one...this poll is about how many people have August as their LEAF ordering month and where they are from.

Gavin said:
Ha, being born in Santa Monica in the early 60's, it pained me to write Greater LA....we didn't think there was anything Great about LA :)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
Gavin

Yes . . . saying O.C. ... or Ventura counties are the "SAME" as L.A. County ... is like calling the 5 Star Laguna Beach Saint Regents (and surrounding golf course), "a Motel". Meahh ... the OP is from NM, so it's an understandable mistake. In fact I'd bet most of the "other" votes, like mine, were from O.C. ... or Ventura counties, because those who despise the scuzzy L.A. County crime & gangs, and live over an HOUR (freeway driving on a clear day) away from even the border of L.A. county, simply don't conceptualize our selves as L.A. ANYTHING ... much less 'greater' L.A. ... what ever that is. Yea, yea, there are a FEW nice spots there ... but the other 85% is a huge offset. Anyone remember the Kurt Russell movie, "Escape from L.A." ?? Um, that's supposed to be some burned out apocalyptic view of the County ... but someone needs to tell us the difference between the movie depiction and reality. I give L.A. County another 2 decades, and you won't be able to tell it from the middle eastern area of Fallujah ... or Detroit ... I keep getting THOSE areas of disaster confused too.
;)

My i selected dealer Is the nissan dealer in olympia. I am not sure My invitation to order In august means i will Get my car bef
someone who orders theirs in september

Sent from droid x

So . . . . only 10 full business days left 'till the end of August. Care to guess which day? Or, will this be another 'BUST' ... like maybe all the August folks getting bumped into the September slot ... and then September folks get bumped back to October, and so forth. I sure hope the mass mailer forth coming will be smoother than the last one. But Murphy's law ... you know how that goes. Not trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy ... but still ...

hill said:
So . . . . only 10 full business days left 'till the end of August. Care to guess which day?

Well, I think we've all pretty well latched on to the 27th as being the day for order emails as of right now. But as of yesterday the dealers didn't have the options list or pricing yet, which is obviously going to be important in helping everyone understand what the final cost of our cars is going to be. But we do still have 10 days for that information to come through.

Back