Nissan LEAF 0-60 Performance (un-scientific)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GreenEnergyNews said:
Here is some footage that should confirm the Nissan LEAF's 0-60 performance will be right at about 10-seconds. Video is complete with timecode so you can do the math and make the projection for yourself. I have read some people stating possible 0-60 performance at around 15-seconds, while others have said as low as 5-seconds. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TilvDQF-zb4&fmt=22

Anyone that thinks the Leaf can do 0-60 in less than 9 seconds can buy some swamp land from me. We will be lucky to get a slow 0-60 in 10 seconds which is not exactly great for an 80kw motor but accurate for the high weight.

LTLFTcomposite said:
0-60 in 10 seconds is plenty fast. Where's the fire?

That is relative. I have built an EV with 0-60 in under 6 seconds and the difference between 6 and 6.5 is significant. Some think 0-60 in 12 is fine. Anyone heard of the EV grin?

Like, especially with passengers & eco mode. Let's see, Tesla Roadstar does 60 in 3.7 sec, but costs 4X more, so anything under 14.8 seconds would be good price/performance. ;)

The acceleration on my Mitsubishi i-MiEV city car is 13 seconds from 0-60mph. When I drove the Nissan EV-12 mule, that was certainly quicker but I had no way of measuring quite how much.

Looks like 0-60 < 10s will be possible. Certainly gets to 47 with a lot less drama than my current vehicle!

From what I can tell the 2010 Prius does 0-47 in about 7s as well and it's 0-60 is just under 10s.

DrPowell said:
Like, especially with passengers & eco mode. Let's see, Tesla Roadstar does 60 in 3.7 sec, but costs 4X more, so anything under 14.8 seconds would be good price/performance. ;)

I see you drive a Prius:) Just kidding. 0-60 in 14 seconds is painfully slow by any standard, 0-60 for an EV with a 80kw motor is a bit slow folks and it's a result of the weight. A friend of mine drove the production Leaf in Japan and I can tell you it is a bit better than a RAV4 which is on the slower side, he was surprised at the recently quoted weight numbers and Nissan will not yet commit to firm numbers on anything.

I wonder if the aftermarket will step up with lighter replacement parts like they do the tuner scene - I have to think that there may not be enough volume to make it cost effective...

drees said:
I wonder if the aftermarket will step up with lighter replacement parts like they do the tuner scene - I have to think that there may not be enough volume to make it cost effective...

I'm trying to step up with a lighter me.....would like to loose at least 20lbs by the time my Leaf arrives!

EVDRIVER said:
I see you drive a Prius:) Just kidding. 0-60 in 14 seconds is painfully slow by any standard, 0-60 for an EV with a 80kw motor is a bit slow folks and it's a result of the weight. A friend of mine drove the production Leaf in Japan and I can tell you it is a bit better than a RAV4 which is on the slower side, he was surprised at the recently quoted weight numbers and Nissan will not yet commit to firm numbers on anything.
Yep, must to the dismay of my 16-year-old son, who can quote supercar speeds 'n feeds from memory. Am sure he'd rather we buy the Tesla.

One positive: Both the LEAF and Roadster have stealth on their side. I can be two seconds up the road after the light changed before anyone around me notices. ;) Works that way even with the Prius, if you don't mash the accelerator and just quietly creep off while the person next to you is distracted with their cell phone. Pretty funny.

Back