Nissan Leaf 2011: 6th Month Service, $19.95 at Fremont, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lambert said:
Just had 6-month service done at Mossy Nissan in Oceanside. Basically $19.95 for the tire rotation and a complimentary multi-point inspection. Carlos the service advisor joked that i was a little low on gas so they topped off the tank for me. Oh, and they washed the car, too.

So, why bother with the 6-month service? Just being cautious, and 20 bucks is not too outrageous for an ounce of prevention...
Nice, only $20? Mossy Kearny Mesa quoted me like $90 when I was buying my LEAF, now I know to take mine to Oceanside which is closer anyway for service.

DoxyLover said:
ericsf said:
I think I saw somewhere that the 15K, 30K and 45K battery inspections were complimentary. Is this correct? Since we're providing Nissan data about their large scale battery experiement it seems fair to me.
I believe only the first two are complimentary.
It should be noted that the required EV Battery Usage Report is required every 12 months, regardless of the vehicle mileage. The checks are a condition of the battery warranty. The 12 and 24 month checks are at no cost.

Bill

I had mine done for no charge, zip, zero, nada, at Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa, CA, my selling dealer. Mark Ranauro there, the GM, said that he'll authorize the same deal for any LEAF owner, regardless if they bought from him. Can't beat that. Just contact him in advance.

Connell has always treated me really well and I recommend them highly.

drees said:
lambert said:
Just had 6-month service done at Mossy Nissan in Oceanside. Basically $19.95 for the tire rotation and a complimentary multi-point inspection. Carlos the service advisor joked that i was a little low on gas so they topped off the tank for me. Oh, and they washed the car, too.

So, why bother with the 6-month service? Just being cautious, and 20 bucks is not too outrageous for an ounce of prevention...
Nice, only $20? Mossy Kearny Mesa quoted me like $90 when I was buying my LEAF, now I know to take mine to Oceanside which is closer anyway for service.

Mossy Poway charged $19.95 for my tire rotation. The rest of the service and battery inspection was warranty.

I called my local Costco in AZ and they said they'd rotate my Leaf tires for $16. They used to not agree to do it before, but I guess now they've changed their policy. I have 2 other cars that I bought tires from Costco and have those tires regularly rotated and balanced as part of the purchase package. But they wouldn't rotate my Leaf tires for free even though I bought tires from them for my 2 other cars.

Anyway, I called the local Discount Tire store and they said they'd rotate them for free. So I took my Leaf there and had it done.

Interesting since the Costcos here refuse to do so at all at any price, and say that it is corporate policy, citing liability concerns... I too have purchased numerous sets of tires from them in the past (and will again in the future)...

Volusiano said:
I called my local Costco in AZ and they said they'd rotate my Leaf tires for $16. They used to not agree to do it before, but I guess now they've changed their policy. I have 2 other cars that I bought tires from Costco and have those tires regularly rotated and balanced as part of the purchase package. But they wouldn't rotate my Leaf tires for free even though I bought tires from them for my 2 other cars.

As for all the comments about using schedule ii vs schedule i, I thought you were supposed to default to "heavy usage" schedule unless you were using only very light duty? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Either way, I plan to do the 6 month myself, so no biggie. Was just planning to take some quick pics to datestamp and keep with my documentation.

Here in Dallas, Don Davis did my rotation with inspection for 20 bucks. Costco won't do them, and Discount tires cost 25 (no inspection), to get free discount tire rotation and balance you have to bring the car in new and spend 50 bucks to get it, my car wasn't new anymore so no dice on the service.

I am curious about the battery check at 12 months (under the 15k mileage tune-up): If I hit my 15k miles BEFORE 12 months have passed, will they still do the battery and will it count for the normal battery 12 month checkup (i.e. not to void the warranty), or will I have to take the vehicle in @ 12 months regardless and get the battery checked?

Volusiano said:
Anyway, I called the local Discount Tire store and they said they'd rotate them for free. So I took my Leaf there and had it done.
Checked my tire air pressure tonight and Discount Tire put it to 30 psi. Not sure why since the side door shows 36 psi. No big deal, I added in more air. I only caught it because I wanted to get it up to 40 psi myself so I caught it when I checked the pressure. Moral of the story is never trust anybody and double check yourself.

Volusiano said:
Discount Tire put it to 30 psi. Not sure why since the side door shows 36 psi. No big deal, I added in more air. I only caught it because I wanted to get it up to 40 psi myself so I caught it when I checked the pressure. Moral of the story is never trust anybody and double check yourself.

Mossy Nissan Poway did the same thing... almost. I told the service guy NOT to check the tire pressure, and I didn't want it changed.

Instead of the 42psi it had when it rolled in, it rolled out with 30psi on some tires, and 36psi on others.

Did the tire rotation at Big O Tires at Fremont, CA. For AAA Members they offer free rotation. They did an awesome job - Cleaned the Wheels, applied Tire shine and filled up 40psi all across. I'lll be getting my 1st service @ 15K.
Had asked them to check the tire-wear. Manager checked it personally and confirmed Tire-wear is even... <whew>

vijayl said:
Did the tire rotation at Big O Tires at Fremont, CA. For AAA Members they offer free rotation. They did an awesome job - Cleaned the Wheels, applied Tire shine and filled up 40psi all across. I'lll be getting my 1st service @ 15K.
Had asked them to check the tire-wear. Manager checked it personally and confirmed Tire-wear is even... <whew>

Big O is associated with AAA in Northern California, Nevada and Utah.. check with the AZ club also.

http://www.go.aaa.com/discounts/automotive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back