Nissan's 'Drive Electric' tour!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
You can see the "glacier pearl" QX1-White at the Nissan dealer on the 2010 Marada, Mongo, ... some M-word, ... as I don't quite recall! :)

Glacier Pearl is on the 2010 Nissan Murano. :) I went to see it and changed to it from RAT.

I already have a similar (somewhat whiter) "Pearl" on the 2010 Prius.

To get a different color, I was hoping that the RAT-color blue would also be "flecked", and light-colored enough to reflect sun-heat well.

But, if it absorbs enough reds to make it look blue, maybe it is not reflective enough in the IR region?

I hope we get to spend a bit longer trying out the interior on the "static" cars. While a few minutes of test driving is fine (not really, but ok ...) I like to slowly and methodically try out each seating postion, open/close doors, get in/out, check leg room, head room, etc etc, trunk space, operate buttons, windows, A/C, plug it in, and so on. Ten to fifteen minutes ... and that time could be shared with 2 or 3 other "testers" as we "rotate" around the seating positions.

garygid said:
When you "sign in" for the actual drive and show your driver's license, might they check the address against the "Drive-Reservation" database?

You only KNOW they'll check the D/L to some extent. They're not going to let unlicensed drivers (maybe pulled due to DUI's) get in the driver's seat. I'm betting that crowds will prohibit 2nd test drives ... but you never know.

I just got an email to reserve a slot for my test drive with the drive electric tour. Weird thing was they didn't accept my login for the leaf website - I had to sign up with a new password. Just another example of the left hand not talking to the right hand!

I was just looking at Alt Car Expo event. On the Saturday morning the hours between 9:30am and 12:30pm are (predictably) booked up, but the rest of the day is wide open; on Friday morning, only the first runs of the day are booked; and Sunday is wide open. With only 3 weeks to go, this could mean more seat time or perhaps the ability to take multiple runs on the quieter days.

mwalsh said:
I was just looking at Alt Car Expo event. On the Saturday morning the hours between 9:30am and 12:30pm are (predictably) booked up, but the rest of the day is wide open; on Friday morning, only the first runs of the day are booked; and Sunday is wide open. With only 3 weeks to go, this could mean more seat time or perhaps the ability to take multiple runs on the quieter days.

I'm hoping that's the case... I scheduled the first appt. on Sat at 8am.

I signed up for Friday (Oct 1) 9:30 am, figure take off a day from work for the fun. Can't wait to pepper them with a bunch of questions. Also will bring an old iPhone 3G to see if it works.

I hope Nissan will have some more informative pamphlets available there to pick up.

Going to ride my 200k+ mile Harley there :D

Why wouldn't they just add a box you can check, asking if you would like your spouse/ significant other to participate in the test drive? In the past I remember doing RSVP's like this for other car intros.

You can make two reservations, just use a different email address.
I drive in the 11:00 AM group and again in the 11:30 group.

Each drive might be only a minute long, possibly depending upon
how many are in the "group". There is some "max" number for a
group, but not known what that is. Saturday mid morning was "full".

I ORDERED today! :)

Where are all of the "Northeast" tour dates? Are we expected to drive down to Washington, DC?

As usual, we are F____D, Nissan cares NOTHING about REAL cold weather climates.

mitch672 said:
Where are all of the "Northeast" tour dates? Are we expected to drive down to Washington, DC?

As usual, we are F____D, Nissan cares NOTHING about REAL cold weather climates.

They are not ready yet. Meaning that they are supporting the roll-out locations first and the rest of us a distant second. I understand your frustration, but an orderly roll-out will benefit everyone in the long run.

It's too bad Nissan doesn't have two groups of test drives at the events. One for the general public and another for those who have actually ordered the car. Let me take it on a 10 minute drive on surface streets and up onto the highway. Have a LEAF expert there to walk me through the vehicle and answer any questions. If they can't answer a particular question then, in real time, they text the LEAF product team for a response. You know maybe a little special "high touch".

Back