Nissan's 'Drive Electric' tour!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no reason why the Eastern states couldn't have been at least been "scheduled" for the tour, they are well into 2011 (March) already. Nissan just doesn't care about most of the U.S., especially the highly populated Eastern US, other than Washington, DC (and Washington is only on it because of the funding, most likely). "piss poor planning leads to piss poor results". Don't expect the rest of the country to be very excited, or even care about the Leaf. By the time we can get it, there will be many other alternatives.

I'm sure Nissan are focused nearly 100% on the five state initial roll-out. Once that is complete, they will focus on the wide-deployment. You want them to get the initial launch done well, don't you? The nation-wide roll out will surely benefit from all the lessons learned from the initial roll out.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:37:31 PM (9/14/2010 9:37:31 PM - GMT)

Welcome to EV Customer Support, James will be right with you.

James:
Thank you for contacting Nissan Electric Vehicle Customer Support, my name is James. How may I help you today ?

Mitch:
James, where are the "drive electric tour" events for the East Coast? https://drivenissanleaf.com/Event/

James:
We appreciate your interest in the Nissan LEAF . I would be happy to help you with that Mitch.

James:
Give me just a moment to look into that for you.

James:
The only one close to you is going to be Washington D.C. 3/18/2011-3/20/2011.

Mitch:
Washington DC is not close to me, it is 500 miles away.

Mitch:
Where is the NYC tour, where is the Boston tour, etc

James:
There have not been dates set for those areas as of yet.

James:
The "Ride and Drive" tour is going to the areas that will be getting the Nissan LEAF's first.

Mitch:
Yes, I can see that. We are "early adopters" without the "early" part on the east coast :( Can we assume they may continue up the coast after the 3/20/2011 washington date?

James:
I can not say. As more dates are set they will be updated on the "Ride and Drive" website.

Mitch:
ok, well please tell Nissan Corporate that the rest of the country is feeling very left out of the entire Leaf process. thankyou.

James:
Yes Mitch. Do you have any other questions about the Nissan LEAF for me today?

Mitch:
no

James:
Please feel free to visit our website often for updates about the Nissan LEAF, and encourage your friends to contact us with their questions. To help us improve our service, would you mind taking a brief survey? If you would like to do so, please click on the Exit Chat button below. Thank you for contacting Nissan Electric Vehicle Customer Support.

Visitor Mitch has ended the chat.

i signedup for a test drive but could only supply an email. i have not heard from anyone yet. has anyone else received an appointment time yeTY? I can only do saturday but i did not see where i could choose a date

@mitch672 I suspect that dealers in your area will have a LEAF for you to drive early next year, well ahead of your order date. Nissan does these tours simply because presently there are no cars for the dealers to demo.

garygid said:
To sign up,
First, Register (the LEAF account at NissanUsa is something else),
Then choose a Location, and finally a Date and Time,
Done.
LOL umm if u lived where i live, might not b as easy as you say

planet4ever said:
Either I am doing something wrong (quite possible) or else no one can sign up yet except in southern California. I definitely want to get on the list for San Jose, which is only six weeks away. Am I missing something?

...no one can sign up yet except in southern California...

Merged.

I am sorta relaxed about the whole "Tour" thing. It is what it is. Instead of asking what Nissan can do for me I am actually more interested in what I can do to help Nissan. I mean, all I have been asked to do is provide a $99 refundable deposit and fill out an order as soon as I could after getting it. No problem. I am actually amazed that Nissan has not asked for alot more from me. Nissan is the one with real skin in the game! No one has EVER made a mass market EV before. I will defer to Nissan to know what is best and possible for them during these early EV days. I think what they have accomplished so far is amazing! Proud to be a part of it.

Xenalmorph said:
I am sorta relaxed about the whole "Tour" thing. It is what it is. Instead of asking what Nissan can do for me I am actually more interested in what I can do to help Nissan. I mean, all I have been asked to do is provide a $99 refundable deposit and fill out an order as soon as I could after getting it. No problem. I am actually amazed that Nissan has not asked for alot more from me. Nissan is the one with real skin in the game! No one has EVER made a mass market EV before. I will defer to Nissan to know what is best and possible for them during these early EV days. I think what they have accomplished so far is amazing! Proud to be a part of it.

Well said X! Something for us all to think about.

mitch672 said:
Mitch:
ok, well please tell Nissan Corporate that the rest of the country is feeling very left out of the entire Leaf process. thankyou.

Mitch...

I didn't know you speak for the rest of the country! Cool!! ;)

Actually, my suggestion would be to take a giant chill pill. Very few people in the roll-out areas have even seen the Leaf, much less taken a test drive. I'm in the August order group and I still haven't laid eyes on one.

In this day of instant gratification and instant internet info, we need to take a step back and realize all that goes into a roll-out of this size.

I got to see a (the?) blue Leaf on static display at the Irvine Spectrum a long while back. Being on the very early interest list, we were invited and registered for the "viewing" event. Nissan gave us all t-shirts and photos (digital composites) of us "sitting in the leaf". Pretty cool for just answering an eMail. My first impressions of the Leaf were that it was bigger and more attractive than I expected. Very flowing, attractive surfacing without being over the top aero. The pictures are good but the Leaf is even nicer looking in the flesh.

Jimmydreams said:
mitch672 said:
Mitch:

Mitch...

I didn't know you speak for the rest of the country! Cool!! ;)

Actually, my suggestion would be to take a giant chill pill. Very few people in the roll-out areas have even seen the Leaf, much less taken a test drive. I'm in the August order group and I still haven't laid eyes on one.

In this day of instant gratification and instant internet info, we need to take a step back and realize all that goes into a roll-out of this size.

Sure, that's very easy to say, you are in California, land of the golden sun, try comming out and living on the East coast, and then try "ordering" your Leaf. See where that gets you :)

frankly, I am better off converting my 2010 Prius to a plug in anyway, 40-60 miles is plenty for me, and I like having the ICE backup for longer trips, kind of a much improved Volt (a Volt that gets 50mpg in CS mode :) ). Now if only PICC would get off their butts and get that conversion kit availble to buy....

I think they are going to wait for the winter spec Leaf before selling / touring in the colder regions. I don't think that is neglecting the other states, it is being responsible.

I know how you feel, I used to be in MO. Everything came to MO later than rest of the country :shock:

6 years and 10 months ago, i ordered my first prius sight unseen. Other than a few pictures in a motor trend magazine In the article that accompanied the picture, i have not a clue as to what car was about that was completely excited about the concept.

Now nearly 7 years later I feel exactly the same way about the Leaf. So It goes. Yeah some people wouldn't think of buying something Without looking at it first, I guess i'm just not 1 of those people

Gonewild said:
If he does not stop this posting ban his IP group. Other dealer has posted statements but not large newspaper ad's.

This was in a separate thread - I merged with this thread. I'll send a warning.

evnow said:
Gonewild said:
If he does not stop this posting ban his IP group. Other dealer has posted statements but not large newspaper ad's.

This was in a separate thread - I merged with this thread. I'll send a warning.

Tell him if he offers $2K to everyone off MSRP then he can post all he likes:)

Back