Poll? How would you rate Nissans handling of LEAF orders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, when the Volt was launched GM actually held ALL the deliveries until after the first one sold at Auction was delivered. It was that important to them to launch the first one first.

Nissan is doing nothing but pissing off their earliest and most eager customer base by servicing the late orders first. I don't see what they have to gain from this. (And no, I'm not mad at anyone who got a lucky out-of-order delivery. Enjoy your car; I would.)

It has me completely rethinking my ESFlow order too. Should I wait until the initial registrations have passed to get preferred delivery? Should I create fake identities to register/order multiple times, and take the one that they deliver first? Sure wish I had done that with the LEAF.. For a few times $99, I'd be driving one now.

ZERO. Period. And call me a whiner about delivery if you want, but the fact is, Nissan could've gotten a 10 from me without changing my delivery by a single day. I honestly think every time I've spoken with someone at Nissan's support line they've given me different answers to my questions. Pretty much every answer I got early in the process has been proven to be false. Nissan representatives have been in some cases insulting, others hostile, and universally unhelpful.

Still looking forward to my leaf. And experience with the dealership has been positive. Just praying I never have to deal with corporate ever again.

sdbmania said:
I'm only about an hour away from Long Beach and LA, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it.
Don't think so. Got a friend here in San Diego who reserved in July, ordered in January, is getting his April 5th. I reserved April 20th, ordered Oct 7th, getting my week of April 15th. A co-worker and my father-in-law both reserved a few days after April 20th, ordered in early November, and have Month of May. All San Diego, but the newcomer has beaten 3 (one by only a week, but still...and he has the lower VIN number, too).

So far, my co-worker pal and father-in-law haven't gotten either the "on the boat" or the "delay" email.

I never got any email as to a status change when mine went from Month of April to Week of the 15th.

My latecomer friend got the on the boat email, the week of the 7th email, and then a Week of the 5th email.

Nissan, practicing random acts of...ah...randomness.

EDIT: Add BrianSanDiego as another late order/rapid delivery to the above:

Cayenne Red SL-E
Reserved: 7/17/2010
Ordered: 1/31/2011
EVSE installed: Not Yet
Carwings enabled: 3/10/2011
Delivered: Week of April 6th

Well, one of the reasons I bought two Saturns was the non-haggle and generally positive dealership experience. Of course GM pretty much had to make Saturn die. :cry:

I feel like I was one of the fortunate ones with the initial registration process through RAQ, though there seems to be a disconnect about how they queued us up for the quote process. After registering, but before the RAQ e-mail, this forum clued me into the better pricing deals at North Bay Nissan (have I thanked y'all recently for that 5% under MSRP? Well, THANK YOU!!), so I can give that a 9ish, leaning toward 10.

But the lack of transparency... that's crazy making. Aside from satisfying us with the simple knowledge that SOME progress is being made, I keep wondering if something's gone wrong, or if I forgot to check a box somewhere and that was why I was still stuck in pending limbo. Now that I have a delivery date I wonder if there's something else I should be doing, other than renewing the car loan through my credit union (they can only lock in two months, and with no idea when the darn thing would be here I applied too soon). That I would give a 4 to 5. :roll:

~Y~

defiancecp said:
ZERO. Period. And call me a whiner about delivery if you want, but the fact is, Nissan could've gotten a 10 from me without changing my delivery by a single day. I honestly think every time I've spoken with someone at Nissan's support line they've given me different answers to my questions. Pretty much every answer I got early in the process has been proven to be false. Nissan representatives have been in some cases insulting, others hostile, and universally unhelpful.

Still looking forward to my leaf. And experience with the dealership has been positive. Just praying I never have to deal with corporate ever again.
This is my feeling as well.

Note that on 4/20 when they opened the queue for reservations, there was no indication of when the queue would open. I had things I had to do and could not sit at home all day waiting for the email. A friend was able to place his order a month before me because he got his reservation in a couple of hours before me.

But more exasperating was the "customer Service" line, staffed by people who answered every single question either with "I don't know" or with answers that turned out to be wrong. I never got one single correct piece of information from them.

Then the crappy web site and dashboard. I told them I would not buy from Aerovironment because they wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars MORE than a "standard" installation even though I had a dedicated 220-volt 50-amp line right to my garage, and they assured me I had a "waiver" but my dashboard still says it's time to schedule installation.

My local dealer has been very nice, but Nissan has not provided him with any real information either, and in fact his dedicated Leaf rep (the man Nissan assigned to deal with my dealer specifically over the Leaf) has consistently given my dealer wrong information!

Nissan should fire its entire marketing division. I give them a grade of NOT ACCEPTABLE.

My heart goes out to the people of Japan, and I do not want Nissan to return to building cars before everything possible has been done for the people who have lost loved ones and property, and to bring the continuing nuclear crisis under control. This is an entirely separate issue from the INCOMPETENCE of Nissan's marketing division.

I would rate them 0 or less. For all the reasons stated above. Do you remember way back, when we all registered before the 4/20 sign up and pay $99.day. Nissan said how easy the process was going to be. Order the car and then sit back, they would contact you 2 weeks prior to car delivery, to have charging dock installed and the a call from the dealer that your car had arrived ready to pickup? It was suppose to be that simple. It has been anything but. Maybe they should have read their own material.

I have posted the following article on our collective frustration with Nissan Corporate and their lack of followup; please check it out and use this as another space to "vent."

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/1057415_2011-nissan-leaf-electric-car-buyers-eager-for-order-followup

p.s. I actually got a call from a higher up in Nissan "customer service" today about my frustrations with the lack of currency in the GPS maps; she had actually seen my notes HERE on this issue...So Nissan Corporate do actually track at least some of our dissatisfaction reported. Hence make as much noise, as many places, as possible about YOUR own issues...somebody might even finally respond. Hope, Hope.

George in W. Sacramento

I really don't know how hard it is to have a tracking system. :?:
I might be comparing apples with oranges, but can they do something like a FedEx, UPS, and USPS shipment?
When I purchased an item from Japan, it was shipped by USPS (or EMS) where you can track if the package is at the airport, being cleared at custom service, etc...
If the system can tell us "Week of XX" guesstimate information, there must be some sort of information the system is using to make that guess. Why they can't share this info with us, or at least with the dealership.
The dealership I am using (Gardena Nissan, CA), told me they only information they are getting from Nissan is the same info I can see on my dashboard...

If you ask me to rate the transparency of shipping info, I will give them ZERO!

surfsnow said:
I might be comparing apples with oranges, but can they do something like a FedEx, UPS, and USPS shipment?
They COULD do this, but I can see why they wouldn't. It would be embarrassing if you were following "your" car all the way from the motor being built to unloading in Long Beach, only to find it suddenly NOT yours, and a different one assigned because the wheels fell off or something...or worse just delayed because the car is doing a good impression of a lemon.

davewill said:
surfsnow said:
They COULD do this, but I can see why they wouldn't. It would be embarrassing if you were following "your" car all the way from the motor being built to unloading in Long Beach, only to find it suddenly NOT yours, and a different one assigned because the wheels fell off or something...or worse just delayed because the car is doing a good impression of a lemon.
Not sure where in the process the balancing point might be, but there should be some stage along the way (perhaps once in transit across the Pacific?) that they allow the customer to peak behind the curtain.

Back