Replacement battery cost for early Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
The chemistry change happened with the launch of the North American production line. The battery production line takes several weeks to create a batch so initially packs from JPN were used until the American packs were ready. If you can determine production location "of the battery pack" you will be fine. I personally dk if that is even possible. I am sure it is but...

Three months is quite a bit longer than several weeks, and there were new 2013 battery cases with old chemistry cells in them through March of 2013 - possibly into April. We will likely never know exactly why, but my theory is that they had many leftover Canary cells, and were told to use them.

LeftieBiker said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
The chemistry change happened with the launch of the North American production line. The battery production line takes several weeks to create a batch so initially packs from JPN were used until the American packs were ready. If you can determine production location "of the battery pack" you will be fine. I personally dk if that is even possible. I am sure it is but...

Three months is quite a bit longer than several weeks, and there were new 2013 battery cases with old chemistry cells in them through March of 2013 - possibly into April. We will likely never know exactly why, but my theory is that they had many leftover Canary cells, and were told to use them.

I thought it was common knowledge that early 2013's used many JPN battery components until the TN battery plant got up to speed to the point where production was hampered?

Back