Sacramento Area Leafs Meeting [Thread Retired]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeremyW said:
LEAFer said:
Why not go for a single meeting in Feb ... 2/16 ?

We can do that. Elk Grove or Downtown again? :)
I think you promised Elk Grove to Bernie (whose LEAF is (?still) MIA) ;)

But I wish some other would chime in here too. And take my advice from a PM to "subscribe" to this thread ...

Ingineer said:
I'm not sure I'd do Elk Grove. Maybe we should do downtown again, and after the meeting we can go on a "find Bernie's Leaf" scavenger hunt! =)

-Phil
There ya go! Great idea...

GeekEV said:
Ingineer said:
I'm not sure I'd do Elk Grove. Maybe we should do downtown again, and after the meeting we can go on a "find Bernie's Leaf" scavenger hunt! =)

-Phil
There ya go! Great idea...
Downtown is fine, if Bernie will commit to lead the "hunt" ... and I can do it on the 2nd, not 9th.

Sorry folks, this is the last week of training, so the pressure has been on to pass my NERC exam. I'm busy tomorrow, but if you guys want to meet up, you can. Bernie did find his car, and I've messaged him to see what his thoughts are on the 16th. I think that will be our meeting day. Now, if Bernie doesn't mind downtown we can do Pyramid again. Otherwise I owe him an Elk Grove meetup.

Again, sorry for being distant on here, things will calm down at work soon. :)

Yeah, I am doing PM with Bernie as well. Let's do Feb 16 in Elk Grove, we owe it to him. How about BJ's on Laguna Blvd/Laguna Springs Drive, and for anyone who needs it, we can shuttle a few LEAFs to the dealership in the Automall 1.9 miles away. ( They have a quad-head, but I wouldn't want to use all four. Maybe 2 or 3. They constantly have potential customer/demo cars charging. )

And next one after that ... closer for Bay Area folks ? ( I'm not being altruistic here ;) I'd like to get Ingineer there with his laptop for CVP (Cell-Voltage-Pair) readouts while at VLBW. I can make Vacaville if it's not too cold or windy. :) Or downtown Sac and waste some heat ;) But then I'd have to hang around quite a bit to get re-charged to make it home. )

BJ's works for me. There's a Chinese restaurant (The Happy Garden) on Elk Grove Blvd that has a back room that could accommodate us as well. It's about a mile from the Nissan Dealership. Nissan told me that they would make their 4 hookups available to us. I live a couple of miles from BJ's and have a EVSE upgrade available .

The 16th looks good for me either Elk Grove or Sacramento. My preference would be Sac as I definitely will need a charge to get home and Elk grove is about 10 miles further for me. Loved the photos of the last gathering in Sac. Sorry I missed it.

I'm thinking the Chinese restaurant would be the better choice due to acoustics. With as much conversation there was last time, the ability to isolate outside noise is a big deal! :)

I'll call The Happy Garden tomorrow, and coordinate with Bernie and Nissan for charging.

March can have two meetings. I am looking forward to the museum meetup set up by palmermd and we can also do a downtown meetup. :)

Happy Garden has great Chinese food. Just went there tonight. I may be in San Francisco that day. If not, I would be happy to help shuttle folks from Elk Grove Nissan.

Mark Williams

We have reservations for 15 at Happy Garden at Noon, February 16th. Now to work with Elk Grove Nissan on charging. :)

Sadly, this may be my last meetup. Details in the next post.

Back