Sacramento Area Leafs Meeting [Thread Retired]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sacfcp1

sacfcp2

sacfcp3

sacfcp4

Hi folks! Hope you had a good holiday and New Year! :)

I know it's been a while, but I did want to get the ball rolling on a January meetup. Unfortunately I'm in the last month of training here at work so things are a little hectic. Looks like the 12th is the SF meeting (which I plan on going to), so let’s set a preliminary date of January 19th. I plan to have the GID meter donated by tbleakne available for anyone who wishes to see their battery capacity.

Casa Ramos was good... but for fun lets try someplace else. Any suggestions? I'm going to start my search today. Preferably somewhere with charging.

The idea of a downtown meetup has been tossed around for a while now. There's lots of charging at 10th & I streets (City Hall), but they charge for parking, even on weekends. So for anyone who does not have the free Sac City Parking pass ... :( But the charging is free and there are plenty EVSEs. Rates are here. Basically $1.50/30mins but $5 max all day on weekends.

Restaurant research from a fellow LEAF owner ...
downtownrestaurants.jpg

Across the street from the garage to the north is California EPA (CARB is part of it) ... lots of EVs parked in the garage by employees during the week. Unfortunately not a lot of the CARB employees on this site ... we should try to expand and include them ;) ( I 'll send a link of this post along ... )

LEAFer said:
The idea of a downtown meetup has been tossed around for a while now. There's lots of charging at 10th & I streets (City Hall), but they charge for parking, even on weekends. So for anyone who does not have the free Sac City Parking pass ... :( But the charging is free and there are plenty EVSEs.

Parking at the 10th and L lot also has about 6 newly installed chargepoint stations on the 3rd floor. I used them last week and they are free...parking fees are the same as mentioned for 10th and I.

Parking on the top of the lot is usually empty (for photo op), and if the cameraman could get above somehow, it would make a good photo with the cars lined up along the wall on the lot with the state capital behind them all.

http://goo.gl/maps/ikWO4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've updated the OP with GSEAA's meeting on the 9th. Not sure if I'll be able to attend that one due to traveling to AZ the day before.

I'm thinking that being close to a Nissan dealer gets us level 2 charging. I can work something out with Elk Grove Nissan to make 4 charging hookups available to us. There's an excellent Chinese restaurant named "The Happy Garden" that has more than enough seating capacity for us and they're about 2 miles from the Nissan dealership. Excellent food! I don't need no stinken hookup. I live about 6 miles from the dealership. :lol:

LEAFer said:
BUMP ... as a reminder ... wanting to get specific about Saturday only 8 days away ;)

Woops sorry, been a bit absent from the forum since my trip. :)

How does Pyramid sound? I can call around tomorrow morning before I leave for SF.

We can do elk grove next month. :)

JeremyW said:
How does Pyramid sound? I can call around tomorrow morning before I leave for SF.
Sure ... fine by me. Double check the opening time (12N ?) and how large is the separate group room ? We can meet up to 1 hour prior on top floor of garage ... if weather cooperates :)

Only disadvantage to those who don't have the free-parking card: $5 all-day for parking. (Small price to pay for tips/tricks/fellowship ?)

Pyramid opens at noon on Saturday. IIRC, they charge an exorbitant fee for their separate rooms. There are several large open seating areas including on the second floor.

And as far as pictures go, I can host someone and their camera into the CalEPA building so that we can shoot down on the parking garage.

Ok, we are locked in for Saturday at noon for 15 people. We will most likely not be using the seprate room because as mentioned there is a fee. Didn't find out how much that is, will have to call the catering person back tomorrow to find out the reasonable-ness of it.

sacmnl
I was planning to go to this event, and even though it looks like we won't have a torrential downpour this time, I will have to attend a local meetup instead. Sorry about that, perhaps next time. Post photos!

Below is current quote of 1st post. Actually there are more than 6 chargepoints, although I forgot to count; I'm thinking 8, plus 6 more on second floor. And they are not ChargePoint Network, so even a free card is not required :)

HOWEVER ... it should be 10th and I ( letter "i" not "L" ) top floor. It's a short walk to the restaurant (2 blocks).

Stopped by today. There appears not specifically to be a "fee", but a minimum purchase, like $150 for one of the rooms. With 15 people = $10, which is pretty doable with drinks and food ... just something to think about, because that glass-encase room to the left of the entrance holds 15-20 and looks really tempting (much quieter than main floor). Only the catering manager, however, can confirm the "fee"/minimum purchase arrangement.

JeremyW said:
I'm curious to see if any Sac owners would like to do a meetup. Who's with me? :mrgreen:

Upcoming meeting:
January 19th
Come join us in downtown Sacramento at Pyramid Alehouse!
1029 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

Meet at the top of the parking garage on 10th and L at 11am for a good chat, with lunch at Pyramid at noon. There are 6 chargepoints that are free on the top floor of the garage. The parking fee is $5 for all day parking, unless you get your card below...

now I'm really confused....are you going to meet at 10th and L or 10th and I? Both are just a few blocks from the restaurant at 10th and K (well one is one block and the other is 2 blocks.) The chargepoint stations at 10th and L are on the third (3rd) floor. Not sure if they installed anything on the top floor since I've not been up to the top recently. I did use the charge station on the third floor 2 weeks ago and it was free. Access was free to me with my parking pass, but parking fees apply for those who do not have a pass.

Here was my suggestion for using the top floor for a photo op http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=255529#p255529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I think this is where the confusion was about which lot to use.
http://goo.gl/maps/ikWO4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry about that, I've corrected the first post. :oops:

Work had me away from my desk most of the day so I didn't get a chance to call about the catering room, but worse case we do have a regular reservation. I will have a chance to call tomorrow though!

Would love to make the trip up from the Bay Area, but this Saturday is the EAA Silicon Valley meeting and it's election of officers. Usual commitments for those of us from down here are the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of the month. GGEVA meets the first weekend, but on Sundays.

What would be good is to figure out how we can do a Northern California area meeting somewhere in the middle.

Latest posts

Back