Steve Jobs reserves his Leaf just today!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
My dealer is going to throw in a "free" iPhone (for half price) with each LEAF ... no not really, but a nice idea. :)

gary, it's not the iPhone that is the expensive part ($199 for the 16GB iPhone 4, $299 for the 32GB iPhone 4, comming out July 1st or so), but the 24 month commitment to AT&T. Try $30 for the voice plan, $40 for the data plan, and misc fees & taxes. try $84/month for 24 months, or $2016 for the 24 month commitment, plus of course the cost of the iPhone itself...

Maybe the Android-based Sprint HTC EVO 4G ($200) will get compatible LEAF-Control apps.

Of course, you are correct, the monthly fee is still the overwhelming cost.

I will just have to use the (equivalent?) web-apps on my $200 Acer Netbook WinXP-based computer ... at WiFi spots, I guess.

Are early versions of either the intended iPhone (or web-based) apps available yet?

Apparently all you need is a mobile web browser. An app is nice but not essential. Even if Nissan doesn't make an Android app, you can be sure there will be an unofficial one..even if I have to make it myself! :mrgreen:

Back