The forgotten Sept/Oct orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beachcliffs said:
TT - do you know if your car was either an orphan or a demo? The VIN seems a bit high as compared to other cars that have been delivered. I am also wondering if you have been through the A/C overcharge issue?
I was told it was intended as a dealer demo, but since they couldn't locate my car, they would redirect it to me if I was willing to accept a different color (we originally ordered White) and take an SL w/QC rather than an SL-e. This meant I would have to pay the $700 for the QC port option, and they would reimburse me later. I told them that wasn't a problem. As far as the A/C problem, I have not tested for the A/C issue and won't be pre-cooling the car until Nissan has a fix or has identified the effected VINs or firmware versions. SWSBO has forbidden any experiments with her car. :D

TT

ttweed said:
I was told it was intended as a dealer demo, but since they couldn't locate my car, they would redirect it to me if I was willing to accept a different (we originally ordered White) and take an SL w/QC rather than an SL-e. This meant I would have to pay the $700 for the QC port option, and they would reimburse me later. I told them that wasn't a problem. As far as the A/C problem, I have not tested for the A/C issue and won't be pre-cooling the car until Nissan has a fix or has identified the effected VINs or firmware versions. SWSBO has forbidden any experiments with her car. :D TT
Since your vin is so close to the one they currently have indicated for the beachcliff household (#1304), I am guessing that "our" car was probably also intended as a demo. Given that they seemingly "rushed" your vehicle, I am thinking that your cautious approach is wise. For the record, I am pretty sure that my wife is not interested in any experiments with her car, either. :p

Kataphn said:
I am bowled over! Carwings is open! Still showing June on dashboard...but hey, any progress is good!
+1 (and still hoping that CS is figuring out to get our car to the dealer this month)

Update: While our dashboard still shows "June" an e-mail this morning from CS seems to indicate something more imminent "... your new LEAF will be delivered within the next couple of weeks". PD says on his system that we have moved from "hold" to "pending" (which he says is different than "pending" on DB). While still not holding my breath, it very well might be time to start keeping my fingers crossed (again).

Kataphn said:
I am bowled over! Carwings is open! Still showing June on dashboard...but hey, any progress is good!
That could indicate early June maybe even late May once the date is put up ;)
Probably just wishful thinking, best of luck :)

Any of the "forgotten" Sept/early Oct orders out there who do not have a May "Week of" or at least May or June "MO"?

Don't wait for Email, check your account.

If still "pending", I'd suggest making a concerted effort at Nissan CS, if early delivery is important to you.

I am now more confused than ever. Sometime late last night/early this morning, my dashboard went from "month of June" to "week of April 06". Since my dealer did not call me today to let me know car would be available tomorrow (week of April 11th), I wonder if ther is a snow ball's chance that the car might actually arrive next week (week of April 17th). :roll: :roll: :roll:

UPDATE (6:40am): chatting with CS sheds no new light - agent did indicate, however, that "...I know there were quite a few dashboard updates last night some of the information is up to date not sure why yours was set to 10 days ago."

My DB still says June, however I got an email from CS yesterday telling me that wasn't accurate and that my car is in port receiving my accessories. They seemed to imply that my order was forgotten and that they had located an alterntative car with the same specs that I ordered due to my contacting CS.

cinmar said:
My DB still says June, however I got an email from CS yesterday telling me that wasn't accurate and that my car is in port receiving my accessories. They seemed to imply that my order was forgotten and that they had located an alterntative car with the same specs that I ordered due to my contacting CS.
Another example of "the squeaky wheel gets the LEAF". I'm glad I called, too. ;)

smkettner said:
Rat said:
I went from Pending to June today then Carwings opened, saying I had enabled it in March! But no VIN yet. I can sign in to the owner's portal but there is no vehicle there for me.
Classic SNAFU
It's gotten worse. I finally got into CarWings and got a VIN, but it was a VIN already assigned to someone else here in the forum. When I inquired with my dealer (same dealer as the other member) he said that car was an SV and the original buyer had upgraded to an SL-e so it was an orphan. The problem was that I also upgraded to an SL+QC. They have no explanation as to why their records still show me as wanting an SV even though I repeatedly called and tried to get them to update my dash to show SL (only to be assured my car would be an SL and not to worry about the dashboard). So Carwings is now closed to me and my VIN was taken away since I didn't want that car. But that still leaves me as a 9/29 order and a June delivery date. I just spoke to a friend who ordered after me (9/30) who has a delivery date in early May. So far as I can tell I have the distinction of being the only person who has had a VIN given and retracted and the only person in the Bay Area who ordered in September and has a June date on the dashboard. I can only hope that based on other stories here they are looking for another car to reassign to me.

Rat said:
So far as I can tell I have the distinction of being the only person who has had a VIN given and retracted and the only person in the Bay Area who ordered in September and has a June date on the dashboard. I can only hope that based on other stories here they are looking for another car to reassign to me.
Keep calling Customer Service and escalate until they tell you something satisfactory. That is just not right--through no fault of your own, you're now way out there (especially since you were asked to upgrade, no?)

Back