This month's "Nissan LEAF Research Survey"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
No-one else get an email requesting a personal interview/meeting yesterday? I'm under the impression they are shooting for three days worth, so I assumed they'd look to do something like a dozen people?

I got one and responded back for Mon. evening.

mwalsh said:
No-one else get an email requesting a personal interview/meeting yesterday? I'm under the impression they are shooting for three days worth, so I assumed they'd look to do something like a dozen people?
Perhaps the San Bernardino Mountains are too far away for them. :lol:

my interview is scheduled for tomorrow. so lets see how it goes. Anything specific we want to let Nissan know? Anyone who has already have the interview can throw in more light on what is the process and what they are looking for?

I was notified on Monday that they will not have time to come to my place after all. I could only do Mon. or Tues night. Plus I got dropped from another focus group next week, also for $150. Guess it's not my week. Mercury must be in retrograde or something. :?

malloryk said:
I was notified on Monday that they will not have time to come to my place after all. I could only do Mon. or Tues night. Plus I got dropped from another focus group next week, also for $150. Guess it's not my week. Mercury must be in retrograde or something. :?

Bummer! What was the other focus group? Anything a certain gentleman of your acquaintance could attend?

mwalsh said:
malloryk said:

Bummer! What was the other focus group? Anything a certain gentleman of your acquaintance could attend?

hmmm not sure. It's through Shirley at Ask Southern California, something about safety features. At first they wanted me because I'm a Leaf owner and then Shirley called me on Monday to tell me that they don't want me now because the Leaf is "too strange." :?

It's over at the Howard Hughes Center, next Tues at 8pm.

I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm. Not sure what i could say about the Leaf for 90 minutes (it's quiet, could use a little more range, we like it a lot, ...err...umm..), we'll see.

malloryk said:
hmmm not sure. It's through Shirley at Ask Southern California, something about safety features. At first they wanted me because I'm a Leaf owner and then Shirley called me on Monday to tell me that they don't want me now because the Leaf is "too strange." :?

Damn, that's cold!

I haven't heard from Shirley since before vacation. I hope she realizes I'm back now, and available. Lord knows I could use some extra cash to help pay that vacation tab down!

mwalsh said:
malloryk said:

Damn, that's cold!

I haven't heard from Shirley since before vacation. I hope she realizes I'm back now, and available. Lord knows I could use some extra cash to help pay that vacation tab down!

Mike, did you contact Auto Pacific about this upcoming project or were you traveling when KeiJidosha posted it? http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1148&start=470

Boomer23 said:
Mike, did you contact Auto Pacific about this upcoming project or were you traveling when KeiJidosha posted it? http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1148&start=470

No, I didn't see that...it was the day we arrived in London and I missed a lot of stuff anyway. Thanks for the heads-up on it though.....I'll give them a shout and see if they need anyone else!

I had my 90 minute interview. They wanted to get info about everything. 3 people showed up. 2 from Nissan (1 tech and 1 non tech) and 1 Video person.

The interview had multiple sections

Started with how I chose Nissan Leaf, What other cars I chose etc. How has the Leaf worked for me. How do I use it. What I like, What I dont like, how it handles. What can be improved. etc.

Second section involved about Blink and how it has worked and advantages etc and disadvantages.

Third was about the Nissan Leaf IPhone app, carwings, charging timers, climate control, space in Leaf etc.

Finally they gave the gift card and a view of my Blink install and the Leaf itself and finished with a ride on the Leaf to get an idea on how I drive etc. Overall it was good.

csriram45 said:
I had my 90 minute interview. They wanted to get info about everything. 3 people showed up. 2 from Nissan (1 tech and 1 non tech) and 1 Video person.

The interview had multiple sections............

..............Overall it was good.

Cool! Did you get any feel for how the information would actually be used?

mwalsh said:
csriram45 said:

The interview had multiple sections............

..............Overall it was good.

Cool! Did you get any feel for how the information would actually be used?

According to them Nissan does this for their other models as well so its not specific to Leaf. Many of my complaints they had already heard about and are working on it. Some of them were noted. I did mention the idea of increasing the granularity of SOC bar and the ability to charge to specific percentages etc. The percentage change is in works but the SOC bar thing was welcomed. Hopefully the feedback we give will be used to improve... I think we should make a list of features we would like to improve and provide to them. I also mentioned about MNL and the tech guy did say he was aware and visits often to read as a guest. Hopefully they hear our requests and complaints :)

csriram45 said:
According to them Nissan does this for their other models as well so its not specific to Leaf.

Actually, you're right. I bought the first year Infiniti G35 in 2002 and they had me come in to a local hotel to ask questions about our likes and dislikes. They showed us prototypes for a second year exterior styling refresh and asked our opinions about them. Fun.

Boomer23 said:
csriram45 said:
According to them Nissan does this for their other models as well so its not specific to Leaf.

Actually, you're right. I bought the first year Infiniti G35 in 2002 and they had me come in to a local hotel to ask questions about our likes and dislikes. They showed us prototypes for a second year exterior styling refresh and asked our opinions about them. Fun.

I did the same thing when we bought our first Infiniti, a 1993 J30

I was contacted via email about the in-home interview early this month as well. I replied with a "sure, any time, be happy to" but pointed out that I didn't have the installed 240V EVSE that they mentioned they would be asking about.

Never heard back, not even a "sorry, never mind".

Back