This month's "Nissan LEAF Research Survey"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1051 said:
Boomer23 said:
csriram45 said:
According to them Nissan does this for their other models as well so its not specific to Leaf.

Actually, you're right. I bought the first year Infiniti G35 in 2002 and they had me come in to a local hotel to ask questions about our likes and dislikes. They showed us prototypes for a second year exterior styling refresh and asked our opinions about them. Fun.

I did the same thing when we bought our first Infiniti, a 1993 J30

I experienced something similar after we bought our new 1959 Impala in November 1958. After the dealer talked to me for awhile about how I liked their service, he gave me a great big ol' cured ham and a half-gallon bottle of Mogen David wine. :p :p :p :p :p :p

I had my in-home interview last night with four gentlemen from Nissan (one on camera/sound, two marketing types, and a tech/engineer). They assured me that the video was strictly in-house and I wouldn't end up on YouTube or TV :cool:

Highlights of the discussion:
1. My number one 'beef' was the perpetual Accept/Decline ritual upon startup. I mentioned the general dis-satisfaction with the Guess-o-Meter, and the tech guy stated that the "recent" driving used by the algorithm is the last 30 miles.
2. They asked about the level of regenerative braking; I mentioned that overall it would be nice to have it selectable (by other means than switching between "D" and "ECO"), and that my old ThinkCity's regen was activated by simply tapping the brake pedal.
3. They asked about other potential EV's, specifically a luxury/Infinity version, which I was a bit leery about, given the inherently defined 'mission' of a battery vehicle on today's technology (i.e. commuting/2nd car).
4. They asked obliquely about my appetite for a digital SOC indicator, possibly as an aftermarket/dealer-installed option, so Nissan may be thinking of developing this.
5. They were very interested in the Wet Okole seat covers (three days old) and took pictures of this; I had earlier indicated how 'vulnerable' to stains/damage the stock upholstery appeared, and that the dealer had stressed this in pushing their upholstery-protection service.
6. I noted the lack of QuickCharge infrastructure; they insisted that ECOtality and others are really, truly coming to market soon. I also noted the wide disparity in dealer attitudes, from the San Diego-area "don't charge here unless we sold you the car" to Cerritos Nissan's "use our room and food for your meetings", and that my dealer-purchase experience led me to avoid that dealer for service work like the recall.
7. Their 'consideration' for the interview was a VISA gift card that has an Ocean Blue Leaf on it, so my problem now is confincing my better half to actually spend it :lol:

I find this hard to believe. It changes far too fast with short changes in elevation, speed, distance, and the like to be such a long averaging period... Maybe Kilometers (18 miles) but that still seems like a high number to me...

EricH said:
I mentioned the general dis-satisfaction with the Guess-o-Meter, and the tech guy stated that the "recent" driving used by the algorithm is the last 30 miles.

mogur said:
I find this hard to believe. It changes far too fast with short changes in elevation, speed, distance, and the like to be such a long averaging period... Maybe Kilometers (18 miles) but that still seems like a high number to me...

EricH said:
I mentioned the general dis-satisfaction with the Guess-o-Meter, and the tech guy stated that the "recent" driving used by the algorithm is the last 30 miles.

I can't argue with you about the Guess-o-Meter's apparent volatility - my experience is consistent yours. But that's what he said.

He didn't, however, specify whether all 30 miles count equally (simple average), as opposed to some weighted algorithm that counts the past 1-5 miles (for instance) more heavily... ;)

mogur said:

EricH said:
I like the DTE meter. Maybe because I've been conditioned by years of watching the Prius average MPG display change as I go up and down long hills, it doesn't bother me that my DTE goes up rapidly as I descend to work, and goes down rapidly as I ascend home. I've gotten a feel for how much it changes and the sum of DTE plus trip odometer is pretty much the same when I return (down and up) as when I started.

It seems to me like it's using a moving average, where most recent miles are weighted highest and perhaps it does average back as far as 30 miles.

Back