Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N952JL said:
What ship is scheduled into Jacksonville on or before 1 Dec.? CS told me my vehicle is scheduled to arrive in Jax on 1 Dec. I don't know if CS is blowing smoke or speak truth. My dashboard still show delivery week of 2 Dec 2011.
The only ships I can find that are anywhere close to that are the Martorell scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville on Dec. 10th, and the Progress Ace, scheduled to arrive on November 28th.

There may be others, but I've also learned to take anything CS tells anyone about deliveries with a grain of salt.

The Hoegh Trident is about to enter Jacksonville Harbor to deliver a batch of Leafs. Login to your accounts tomorrow and check for changes.

Good luck!

I got my VIN 165XX and an updated delivery from "December 2011" to "January 2012" on 11-13. EDIT: just updated this morning to "week of January 3, 2012". Although CS says they don't know where or what ship my Leaf is on, would the Bangkok make sense? Previously I read of people getting VIN's when the car arrived at the US port, but are they now sending them when the delivery ship sets sail from their final "load" port?

relytgerg said:
Looks like the Hoegh Bangkok is the next ship with east cost deliveries. She's at the Oppama docks now and has the following schedule:

Yokosuka 09.11.2011 Load
Yokohama 10.11.2011 Load
Kawasaki 11.11.2011 Load
Kobe 13.11.2011 Load
Panama Canal 03.12.2011 Canal
Kingston (Jam) 06.12.2011 Disch
Galveston 10.12.2011 Disch
Jacksonville 14.12.2011 Disch
Newport News 16.12.2011 Disch
New York 17.12.2011 Load, Disch
Baltimore 19.12.2011 Load, Disch

Note that dates are in dd.mm.yyyy format.

I doubt many of these will be delivered this calendar year, which means mine may be on this one if my delivery month is accurate.

rkidd said:
I got my VIN 165XX and an updated delivery from "December 2011" to "January 2012" on 11-13. EDIT: just updated this morning to "week of January 3, 2012". Although CS says they don't know where or what ship my Leaf is on, would the Bangkok make sense? Previously I read of people getting VIN's when the car arrived at the US port, but are they now sending them when the delivery ship sets sail from their final "load" port?
I just did a "live chat" to follow up on this since I've been noticing an increasing number of forum posts showing an apparent early release of the VIN - well before arrival at port. According to Jason, the VIN can be released "When it is in transit to the port, or shortly before transit." But, "no later than arrival at port." So you may get your VIN anytime between before your Leaf is on a ship until when it is unloaded in the US. Jason could not provide an answer as to why there is such a big difference in when your VIN gets reported to you or what causes this difference.

This just makes it even more of a guessing game as to what ship your Leaf is on. Going by what Jason said, rkidd's Leaf could be on the Hoegh Bangkok or any other ship that left around the same time or before or even slightly after it. Of course the other big variable is the amount of time between unloading and delivery to the customer. This seems to be around a month, but there are posts showing much shorter and much longer times.

Jason also stated, the VIN is released "approximately 10-30 days prior to delivery." This appears to be way out of wack for rkidd. His is more like 60 days.

I still wonder why some people report that Customer Support is giving them details like rkidd got, sometimes even the ship the Leaf is on, and many others report that CS states it has no access to any such information and can't tell them anything. Something doesn't add up there.

relytgerg said:
I still wonder why some people report that Customer Support is giving them details like rkidd got, sometimes even the ship the Leaf is on, and many others report that CS states it has no access to any such information and can't tell them anything. Something doesn't add up there.
I think this may have something do with the competency of the person you talk to at CS. When I recently called, the person I reached told me she was looking at a screen with a lot of information but couldn't make sense of most of it. She couldn't even confirm information I was given in an earlier conversation with CS. I guess some people can make more sense of data than others.

I spoke with someone from the Nissan EV CS today via phone and they told me that they have been learning more about how Nissan is tracking ships and assigning VINs. They told me that I might not get a VIN or my CarWings activated until even 7 days before my vehicle arrives.

That isn't good either as people who need to arrange for financing would like to know for more certainty that the vehicle will be there when it has been published to do so. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so close to the end of the year (week of December 16) delivery date. So in other words... no good information came from them.

tidalsearch said:
My 2012 SL was delivered on Nov. 15 and I picked it up yesterday. Sticker says "Final Assembly Point: Norfolk".
When did Carwings go live for you? This will give us an idea of delivery time frame after unloading for the east coast and maybe let us identify which ship yours came in on.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to request a view of the customs manifest for the car when we buy it? this should show the day of arrival at port

Just got a very funny call from Nissan EV Customer Support.

Apparently, they put splash guards on my LEAF, by mistake, and wanted to know if I wanted to keep them, free of charge. I told them, sure, why not.

But, more importantly, this little tidbit of information means the car is at port and going through the final assembly. It does appear that the rumor that LEAFs with VINs in the 15700s were on the Hoegh Trident, and were unloaded in Jacksonville, FL on Monday of this week, is true.

Interestingly, CS told me today that my LEAF is still on a ship :? but it has been assigned ground transport for when it arrives. :D

If the VINs in the 15700s arrived on Monday on the Hoegh Trident for deliveries next week, that means there is one shipment every week and mine will arrive next week to port with all the other 15900's (Thanksgiving 3-day week.... great....) :|

Does the collective of minds know which ship is due in JAX next?

I just chatted with CS and my vin is in the very very low 1570Xs

Today
CS:
Michelle: I have your vehicle listed in transit from Japan and is scheduled for delivery to your selected dealer the week of December 6.
CS:
Michelle: I see it is still in transit once it changes to inventoried to NNA which is Nissan North America it has arrived at port.

So I guess it wasn't on the Hoegh Trident in JAX, BTW this is coming to NC.....
Guess I just still wait, I don't know what ship its on...

harryjpowell said:
So I guess it wasn't on the Hoegh Trident in JAX, BTW this is coming to NC.....
Guess I just still wait, I don't know what ship its on...

The port-of-entry for North Carolina is, most likely, Norfolk, rather than Jacksonville, and the Hoegh Trident is in Norfolk, today.

I learned today that it can take 7 to 10 days for a car that is brought into a port for delivery to a dealer. It has to pass customs, any pre-delivery stuff is done at port arrival site before placed on Trucks or Rails for delivery. I know mine was on Hoegh Trident, My delivery is week of 25th and my dealer has not given me an exact day as of yet. It takes a day or two after they get the car to go the a pre-inpsection testing of the car for delivery, charge it up, wash the protective coating for shipping off etc.
So, we will see mine next week still according to my dashboard.

The Hoegh Trident is headed into Newark (New York) harbor. Check your accounts for changes soon Northeasterners.

:lol:
Weatherman said:
Just got a very funny call from Nissan EV Customer Support.

Apparently, they put splash guards on my LEAF, by mistake, and wanted to know if I wanted to keep them, free of charge. I told them, sure, why not.

But, more importantly, this little tidbit of information means the car is at port and going through the final assembly. It does appear that the rumor that LEAFs with VINs in the 15700s were on the Hoegh Trident, and were unloaded in Jacksonville, FL on Monday of this week, is true.[/get it

Well, interesting, mine is suppose to get splash guards, they are normally put on at the port of entry from what I was told, my vin is 15788. Check's yours out. we getting same color ;o)

I used to have an estimated delivery date of November 25th. It has changed to "pending". I doubt this is a good sign. Does anyone know what this means?

P.S.: I don't have a VIN assigned.

FWIW... I went to my local (Keene NH) Nissan dealer yesterday to ask a couple of questions. Near the end of our converastion he told me that they were expecting two LEAFs to arrive in a couple of weeks. I think that makes it the first week in December (week of Dec 5). One of those LEAFs is their Demo car and the other is a customer's car. (I'd like to know who. I might even know the person.) He said it was on their "drop sheet" and usually cars with a date on that arrive within a couple days of that date. He also told me that those cars were coming in to Newport and being shipped from there.

They don't have their AreoVironment charger yet so he said they would be depending on the included 120 volt charger. I told him there was an outfit that would upgrade that charger to operate on 240. Not sure if a dealer would bite on that, but I did plant the seed. :D

Back