Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
I was looking around the port and I found a NEW Sub being built outside NIPPO Japan. There also a Frigate with a 60MM main gun.

OK I am calling the CIA! I looked all around and see military ships massing. We need to nuke them again?

Just the opposite. Let them pay their own defense and we can pull our men out and bring them home or relieve others on duty around the world.

smkettner said:
Just the opposite. Let them pay their own defense and we can pull our men out and bring them home or relieve others on duty around the world.
A large majority of Japanese want the US troops out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/23/world/main6512191.shtml

US insists on staying there.

evnow said:
smkettner said:
A large majority of Japanese want the US troops out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/23/world/main6512191.shtml

US insists on staying there.

This is an incorrect conclusion, evnow. From your article:
The U.S. and Japan agreed in 2006 to move the U.S. Marine Corps' Futenma Air Station to a less crowded part of Okinawa, and Washington has insisted that Japan hold to the deal.

The locals aren't happy with the jet noise and perceived crash danger - not that US military is there. This is no different than the trend here in the US where airports that have been in place for more than 50 years are being protested out of existence because developers crowd the airport and the folks living close to the airport complain about the noise.

evnow said:
AndyH said:
This is an incorrect conclusion, evnow.
Don't want to take this too far offtopic - but you can check the opinion polls on this issue in Japan.
Treaties and multinational alliances are signed by governments, not protesters. I was active duty and served in Korea so maybe my view of the region is different. :?

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. ;) Anyone see any indication that 52 Leafs rolled off any of these ships?

jfsquires said:
Does anyone know if any ships with Leafs aboard are headed for Northwest ports - Portland or Seattle?

I was sent a reply from Nissan chat that my car was at the Long Beach port getting ready in response to my question about delivery changing back to "pending". I assume it will head up here by rail. I wish I had some sense of how long that will take.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I was sent a reply from Nissan chat that my car was at the Long Beach port getting ready in response to my question about delivery changing back to "pending". I assume it will head up here by rail. I wish I had some sense of how long that will take.
Same here - sit on your hands / enjoy the holidays ;)

PDXLeafer said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Same here - sit on your hands / enjoy the holidays ;)
It will probably take a few days, but not weeks. Trains follow a sequence of stations and the train is rebuilt at various intervals. While freight trains do have a sequence, the do not have a schedule. The railroad company does however know where every car is, all the time, and big shippers usually can find that out too. It may be that your dealer can, or has or does

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
jfsquires said:
Does anyone know if any ships with Leafs aboard are headed for Northwest ports - Portland or Seattle?

So all of the west coast cars will come in to Long Beach and be transshipped by rail or truck?

So far, while they are being checked out extra-well, and getting their "accessories", I suspect all the LEAFs will arrive in LA Harbor.
Also, I have not yet read (or seen) otherwise.

This is actually the most entertaining thread to read here now :cool: Im enjoying the pics of the ships and ports and the routes that they take and the estimate of number of Leafs on board... I could just imagine the amount of miles those ships will travel before they get to my # 13000 + Leaf ...I think the Leaf will be a non event by the time mine gets here..I hope everyone here shares pics and videos of the fun they are having with their Leafs, its going to be the closest I get to one for a long time :)

Ship alert.
I see the HOEGH INCHON that left Los Angels did not go back to Japan. It is going north up the west coast of the USA. As we thought cars will be trucked or railed to WA maybe the ship is going there I will be watching. :mrgreen:

Gonewild said:
Ship alert.
I see the HOEGH INCHON that left Los Angels did not go back to Japan. It is going north up the west coast of the USA. As we thought cars will be trucked or railed to WA maybe the ship is going there I will be watching. :mrgreen:
Lol! Just when I thought this thread was no longer worth watching the suspense continues !!

Gonewild said:
Ship alert.

I've been watching this as well. I couldn't make out the destination port when it left but it wasn't Yokohama. If it turns into the Strait of Juan de Fuca, it should show up tomorrow sometime based on its 16-18 knot speed.

My PD has confirmed that my LEAF was on last week's delivery, is currently at Long Beach for "extra quality control checks", and will be available for me on or before 01/07/11!

Yahoo!

EDIT: Dec. 27 - Both ships mentioned below are gone this morning. The Malacca Highway is still in Yokohama port at another "non-vehicle" port. I can't find Miyako Maru. That was a quick stop at Opama Nissan - less than 18 hours.

Today, Dec. 26, two ships have pulled into the Yokohama port at the Opama Nissan Factory. I'm not sure exactly where they load the autos but it seems either or BOTH ships might be loaded with Nissan vehicles. We'll have to watch their destinations.

The ships are the Malacca Highway and the Miyako Maru.

See them at:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ Go to Port pulldown menu: Yokohama, scroll down slightly and zoom in. Then look for green squares (cargo ships that are docked).

Back