What I've found about the car so far

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the temp in Portugal is perfect this time of season.. I guess you have around 14-18 degrees now? :) Here in Sweden i have -15 C (5 F) right now :)

In fact the temperature here today is 3 C (38 F) at night...as you can realize not so warm as you may expect. During the day didn't went above 10 C (50 F). Of course I think the LEAF will accept much better this temperatures in terms of performance compared with your weather. Anyway hope you are able to enjoy your LEAF there in Sweden when you get with the heat Pack of course ;)

TEG said:
Also, did you get the high speed charge port on your car?

Checkout this spreadsheet - shows what everyone is ordering. Yes - Gudy has got SL + QC.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949

TEG said:
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere (I am still catching up on posts), but Gudy, what do you think of the pedestrian warning sounds? They were disabled on the test drive event cars, so I wonder what a real owner thinks of them on a production vehicle.

Also, did you get the high speed charge port on your car?

I have the QC port.
I haven't been able to hear the pedestrian noise when going forward. I'll try and roll down my window tonight in the parking garage, but it might be a fairly directional sound ...
The reverse one is so cool actually, like the sound a truck makes, except not as loud, more modern (hard to describe, but instead of simply being a bip, bip, bip, there's some kind of sine wave modulation on I think both frequency and amplitude). Let's say it makes you feel that your car is scanning the surroundings like a radar (or a dolphin?). Heck, I'll record it, and upload it to youtube.

Gudy,

Just saw your interview in Fox Business and I'm outraged by the way that Fox Business stupid reporter treated you with all those tendency and silly questions he made to you. He even didn't let you answer his questions...that guy really make me want him punch in the nose.

I admire your patience gudy. Once again congratulations for be able to deal with such low level kind of persons...

He probably is beeing payed by the oil lobby for sure.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4458863/first-nissan-leafs-goes-on-sale/

"Fox News, all the right wing, conservative republican news that fits"

"Why are we giving Gudy a $7500 tax credit?"

Oh, i don't know, maybe becuse we are trying to become energy INDEPENDENT from people that are trying to KILL us perhaps? Maybe because we are running out of oil, and the oil that is left is getting more and more expensive to extract? there are a lot of reasons, idiot.

Flip the question around on them: "We're not giving him $7,500, we're letting him keep $7,500 of his own money."

You know, because that's the argument they use against taxes in the first place. Though I doubt they have the ability to recognize their own cognitive dissonance even when framed so bluntly.
=Smidge=

ruimegas said:
Gudy,

Just saw your interview in Fox Business and I'm outraged by the way that Fox Business stupid reporter treated you with all those tendency and silly questions he made to you. He even didn't let you answer his questions...that guy really make me want him punch in the nose.

I admire your patience gudy. Once again congratulations for be able to deal with such low level kind of persons...

He probably is beeing payed by the oil lobby for sure.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4458863/first-nissan-leafs-goes-on-sale/

OMG! Gudy, my friend, that was just wrong. FOX hit another low with that "interview". It was not an interview but a setup. So we can spend trillions of dollars on foreign oil, to people who hate us, but we can give back $7500 to a US taxpayer for trying to get us off oil. CRAZY!

gudy said:
I haven't been able to hear the pedestrian noise when going forward. I'll try and roll down my window tonight in the parking garage, but it might be a fairly directional sound ...
The reverse one is so cool actually, like the sound a truck makes, except not as loud, more modern (hard to describe, but instead of simply being a bip, bip, bip, there's some kind of sine wave modulation on I think both frequency and amplitude). Let's say it makes you feel that your car is scanning the surroundings like a radar (or a dolphin?). Heck, I'll record it, and upload it to youtube.

Thanks. Knowing that it is barely audible inside the car is good to know. I am more interested to know what pedestrians think about it from outside the car. Has anyone commented to you about it yet?

Ready2plugin said:
OMG! Gudy, my friend, that was just wrong. FOX hit another low with that "interview". It was not an interview but a setup. So we can spend trillions of dollars on foreign oil, to people who hate us, but we can give back $7500 to a US taxpayer for trying to get us off oil. CRAZY!

I'd never talk to Fox anything - unless it is live. They will always edit it to make you look as bad as possible (unless you are one of "them").

Looks like Gudy needs a PR agent :lol:

What were you doing watching fox business ? :(
I did check with Nissan Corp before accepting the interview, and yes it was a pure evil setup from FOX.
I wanted to return the question to them with the foreign oil angle, but they wouldn't give me the speech back.
Sorry about that guys, I should have known better, but I don't watch TV, I don't have cable, and I'm not from the US.
The sad thing is that I'm sure that some Americans will watch this and think "heh, he's right, why am I am paying 7500 to this guy" (heh not only is the car Japanese, but I'm French :p) ok, I'll stop here, I don't want to be dragge into political discussions...
The cr is great ! That's what matters.

OMG! Why are you making me watch Fox. What a bunch of asswipes on that channel. :lol:

BTW, what is up with this piece from Brad Berman:

http://www.plugincars.com/first-nissan-leaf-experiences-highway-driving-provides-60-miles-range-106573.html

gudy said:
TEG said:
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere (I am still catching up on posts), but Gudy, what do you think of the pedestrian warning sounds?

I was standing on the sidewalk as Tom drove his car by me the other night as he drove away from the San Diego event - it was much quieter than I expected and very acceptable in my book.

The thing to note is - as for as Murdoch (News Corp) is concerned Fox is purely a business venture. He decided to pick his audience and plays for them. If you see his other media outlets the world over - you will see very different kind of channels. Infact Newscorp even advertises how ecofrindly they are - for eg.

http://gei.newscorp.com/

mwalsh said:
OMG! Why are you making me watch Fox. What a bunch of asswipes on that channel. :lol:

I "just say NO" to Faux. I won't even click on a news link on the Google News home page if the link has a Fox URL. I refuse to give them my clicks!

taztaz said:
thx gudy for all your feedback! i have spent a couple of hours today reading your threads... I will spend 1 more hour in "your" thread -> Leaf Owners ... hehe :)

Fun reading about your experiences.. :)

Here in Sweden they presented a 1,5 year electric car evaluation from up north.. They expected some problems with going to EV from ICE but all test families were extreamly happy with the EV and had no problems! Just as you describe, you love the EV compared with ICE :)

taztaz, what EV was being evaluated?

taztaz said:
I guess the temp in Portugal is perfect this time of season.. I guess you have around 14-18 degrees now? :) Here in Sweden i have -15 C (5 F) right now :)

You're gonna love the LEAF's 'cold weather package'...heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel, and battery pack! :D

prberg said:
I would have to disagree. Here in Los Angeles, you will have some people going fast in the left lane, but many others going slower in the center and right lanes. And even more often... we are going slow due to traffic. I would say that 80% of the time on the freeway I am in some sort of traffic slowdown and can't go full speed anyways. The carpool lane helps, but that can be slow as well.
I think driving 60-65 should be fine here. (55 is a bit too slow on the open freeway though)

In my Honda GX (cng that I'm selling), I almost always drive 58-59 mph (55 or 65 speed limits) in the right lane (unless traffic, then the HOV) without any problems. At that speed, I can achieve over 50 mpg (beats a Prius!) and over 500 miles of range. I have noticed traffic speeding up now since they've removed all the speed cameras, but not in the right lane.

Gudy, great review. Thank you for taking time to pass along the real-world info. How are you finding the interior? Seat comfort on your commute, the head room for taller people, etc.?

Back