Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
batzman said:
What 30% are you referring to?

It is my understanding that the Federal tax credit is tied to the first 200,000 vehicles produced, therefore the possible $7,500 doesn't expire at the end of 2011.

Am I wrong? Just curious.

30% federal tax credit of the base price of your EVSE (before taxes and installation) when installed in your place of residence. Follow this link: http://www.nissanusa.com/ev/media/pdf/incentives/nissan-leaf-incentive-federal-1.pdf

The $7500 federal income tax credit is deducted from the MSRP if you lease; if you buy, you need to claim it and is limited by your tax liability. (read: up to $7500). follow this link: http://www.nissanusa.com/ev/media/pdf/incentives/nissan-leaf-incentive-federal-2.pdf

The $5000 state income tax credit needs to be claimed by you; similarly, you can claim the amount up to your tax liability, but if this is less than $5000, you can claim the rest in subsequent years for up to 5 years until you receive the entire $5000. Follow this link http://www.nissanusa.com/ev/media/pdf/incentives/nissan-leaf-incentive-24.pdf

Thanks for the link, Amtoro. All the EVSE does is "supply electricity", not charge the car? All the smarts and transformers and rectifiers are in the car? I am even more disappointed considering how much I paid. :| I got the Aerovironment one that Nissan recommends, for about $2300 installed.
I will try not to call it a charger, but EVSE is an ungainly term. Is there a nickname?

-Steve

Had lunch down at Atlantic Station today and there was a red LEAF charging at the solar station when I plugged in and a silver one when I departed. So good to see!

dbassett said:
Had lunch down at Atlantic Station today and there was a red LEAF charging at the solar station when I plugged in and a silver one when I departed. So good to see!

The red one is Cracovian's, the silver one is mine!

stevempotter said:
Thanks for the link, Amtoro. All the EVSE does is "supply electricity", not charge the car? All the smarts and transformers and rectifiers are in the car? I am even more disappointed considering how much I paid. :| I got the Aerovironment one that Nissan recommends, for about $2300 installed. ...
I'm afraid so. It tells the car how much juice can be pulled from it, and obeys commands from the car to turn the power on and off and that's pretty much it. Had you checked here first, we would have told you to pass on the AV...they pad the install cost too much.

stevempotter said:
I will try not to call it a charger, but EVSE is an ungainly term. Is there a nickname?

I call it a fancy safety extension cord.. but in reality it is needed due to the unknown condition of the electrical system in a lot of homes.

I had my Schneider unit (purchased from homedepot.com for $850 including tax) installed yesterday by a licensed electrician for $250 in my garage about 10 feet from the panel. Highly recommend you call Carl 404 925 1381 for your installation. Not sure how widely he travels in ATL, but am sure he'll tell you. One trip, two hours, done.

Anyone know if/when we will see some charging stations at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport? L1 would be fine given the long parking time. Any usable outlets in the decks?

dbassett said:
Anyone know if/when we will see some charging stations at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport? L1 would be fine given the long parking time. Any usable outlets in the decks?

I may be wrong, but I think the decks are for hourly parking, in which case, it may be quite expensive compared to a long term parking in the economy lot which is far away and uncovered.

You could probably ask at the private parking lots, like the "parking spot" or others; they have covered parking and *may* have (120V) outlets there.

Saw a blue LEAF twice this week. Peachtree industrial blvd in norcross. Any takers? Had a 2011 COY sticker on the back.

Reps Miller and Peachtree Industrial @ 4:00pm today. Still no takers. Man I see this thing so much I feel like I should stop him and tell him about this forum.

ztanos said:
Any Georgia LEAFs losing capacity? We've had a scorcher summer. Nothing close to AZ, but still over 100.
I am showing some symptoms, but no lost bars. I occasionally see 9 bars instead of 10 on an 80% charge. I got around 89% on a 100% charge recently. So I am definitely down with the heat, but I still hope to get some back when the weather cools. I decided not to drive it when the temps topped 100 and I have been heading for the shade whenever possible. It is a 2011 with 9200 miles since last June.

nogajim said:
ztanos said:
Any Georgia LEAFs losing capacity? We've had a scorcher summer. Nothing close to AZ, but still over 100.
I am showing some symptoms, but no lost bars. I occasionally see 9 bars instead of 10 on an 80% charge. I got around 89% on a 100% charge recently. So I am definitely down with the heat, but I still hope to get some back when the weather cools. I decided not to drive it when the temps topped 100 and I have been heading for the shade whenever possible. It is a 2011 with 9200 miles since last June.

Thanks for the response. Anybody with a 2012 want to chime in? Maybe the insulation makes a slight difference?

ztanos said:
nogajim said:
ztanos said:

Thanks for the response. Anybody with a 2012 want to chime in? Maybe the insulation makes a slight difference?

I don't think there are any reports on 2012s losing bars, even in AZ. FWIW, I got a 279 on my GID meter this January, so the hottest part of last summer didn't ding me too bad. I didn't have an L2 EVSE until September, though.

nogajim said:
I don't think there are any reports on 2012s losing bars, even in AZ. FWIW, I got a 279 on my GID meter this January, so the hottest part of last summer didn't ding me too bad. I didn't have an L2 EVSE until September, though.

Ha ha ha... good point. I guess I'm just being a little leery with December looming closer. :lol: Thanks for the info.

Saw a white LEAF this morning pulling into my work park. PIB west turned onto Northwoods Pkwy. I was the guy waving like crazy and giving the thumbs up in the yellow Saturn behind you. :lol:

Gray LEAF on Holcomb Bridge and Eaves road sitting at the light at 7:45 yesterday night? Any takers. Come on, I have to see a forum member eventually. I'm almost out of colors. :lol:

ztanos said:
Gray LEAF on Holcomb Bridge and Eaves road sitting at the light at 7:45 yesterday night? Any takers. Come on, I have to see a forum member eventually. I'm almost out of colors. :lol:
My color, but not me. I still haven't seen another one except at EV meetings. Left a friendly note on a Volt at my work yesterday though.

Back