Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nogajim said:
ztanos said:
Gray LEAF on Holcomb Bridge and Eaves road sitting at the light at 7:45 yesterday night? Any takers. Come on, I have to see a forum member eventually. I'm almost out of colors. :lol:
My color, but not me. I still haven't seen another one except at EV meetings. Left a friendly note on a Volt at my work yesterday though.

So close... dang it. Swing and a miss. :D

White one sitting in the parking lot of Efacec? Probably the same one I followed the other day. I hate you because now I'm trying to decide on 3 colors. :lol: I seem to keep finding the non-forum members. :shock:

I see a LEAF about once a week now. I've now seen at least one of each color, although Silver and White appear to be the most popular. I've not had any capacity reduction yet (2012 SV, purchased 12/31/11, 12550 miles as of today, 50 mile RT commute on I-85 through Gwinnett daily at 70mph, charge L2 nightly to 100%, occasionally top things off when I get home late afternoon for evening errands) and am watching the AZ stuff with some interest. I don't have a GiD meter thing, so have no real idea of how much capacity I really have on the battery at this point, just that I still have 12 blocks on the dash.

Finally! I saw my first wild Leaf coming down Collins Hill Rd in Gwinnett It was Glacier Pearl!

I do have a GID meter if anyone wants to check their charging. I have been stuck at 72.2% for an 80% charge for several weeks. Occasionally I have had 5 temperature bars when I come in in the evening lately, but in the morning it is back up to 6 after the charge. Since I had my Leaf most of last summer and still got up to 280 GIDs in January, I'm still hoping to get a bit of capacity back in the fall. I have changed to only setting an end timer for charging, so it does not sit for long with a high charge.

Sidled up to another Leaf today at the Mall of GA. I think we must be reaching critical mass.

Attachments

• 2leafs.jpg
    2leafs.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 67
This POS just cut off my wife and the baby for an attempted rear-end collision.

I've been thinking about getting dash cams for a while but now I'm getting a gun too.

img8218h.jpg

cracovian said:
This POS just cut off my wife and the baby for an attempted rear-end collision.

I've been thinking about getting dash cams for a while but now I'm getting a gun too.

I know I can't help you with the obnoxious driver, but curious if that's on Johnson Ferry by JFBC. I (a) run down JF several times a week and (b) live off Woodlawn at Power's Road. I just leased a Leaf about three weeks ago. It's the silver/grey color. Only problem is that a neighbor of mine off of Farm Road leased the exact same color. So there are now two of us in East Cobb. And we both go to the same gym, so there are sometimes two Leaves in the same parking lot.

I saw a white one leaving a neighborhood off of Johnson Ferry (one of the ones past Hampton Farms as you go toward the river). And I saw a red one over this past weekend. Those are the only other ones I've seen.

I'm still waiting for my Blink charger install (which should, BTW, be free if their estimate is accurate), so I take advantage of the chargers at Whole Foods. Still haven't ever seen another EV there though I did see a Prius driver ("regular" Prius) parked in the EV charging space one day. Was tempted to leave the driver a note but the other EV charger space was available.

Anyway, if you see a grey Leaf with Regal Nissan badging on the back, that's me. The other grey Leaf was from Nalley.

So far, I am enjoying it. I last put gas in my Expedition over two weeks ago and have driven it just once each week since then.

I live in Smyrna and have a 2012 that I picked up from Town Center Nissan in Kennesaw 4 weeks ago. Silver SL. I'm really enjoying this car! My drive to work is only 5 miles, so my only complaint is that I don't get to drive it enough! This week I drove to Decatur and back in a heavy downpour. Went directly from work. I started with only an 80% charge. Running the wipers and heater left me with about 15 miles left when I arrived home. A good bit of it was on the interstate. The only commercial charger I've used was at Walgreens off the Marietta Square. I used it a few times while my charger was being upgraded by EVupgrade in CA.

DarrylHowell said:
I live in Smyrna and have a 2012 that I picked up from Town Center Nissan in Kennesaw 4 weeks ago. Silver SL. I'm really enjoying this car! My drive to work is only 5 miles, so my only complaint is that I don't get to drive it enough! This week I drove to Decatur and back in a heavy downpour. Went directly from work. I started with only an 80% charge. Running the wipers and heater left me with about 15 miles left when I arrived home. A good bit of it was on the interstate. The only commercial charger I've used was at Walgreens off the Marietta Square. I used it a few times while my charger was being upgraded by EVupgrade in CA.

Welcome to the Club. I'm just a couple weeks "younger" than you as a Leaf lessor. How was your experience with Town Center? That was one of the dealerships I contacted, but I didn't find them to be very helpful. I was quoted what was on their Web site with no other negotiations offered, and I just didn't have time to go in. Hopefully you had a better experience.

Interesting that with 80% charge (and I assume 70 - 80 miles) that you burned off so many miles in a 10 mile round trip commute, but I have heard the heater really does suck the juice out. In that same rain this week, I used the front window defogger and the rear window defogger as well, but I didn't see an appreciable loss in range. But then again, I work from home and generally don't have too far to drive on any given day.

Enjoy the car! I have the same color and model :mrgreen:

bronsonb said:
DarrylHowell said:

Welcome to the Club. I'm just a couple weeks "younger" than you as a Leaf lessor. How was your experience with Town Center? That was one of the dealerships I contacted, but I didn't find them to be very helpful. I was quoted what was on their Web site with no other negotiations offered, and I just didn't have time to go in. Hopefully you had a better experience.

Interesting that with 80% charge (and I assume 70 - 80 miles) that you burned off so many miles in a 10 mile round trip commute, but I have heard the heater really does suck the juice out. In that same rain this week, I used the front window defogger and the rear window defogger as well, but I didn't see an appreciable loss in range. But then again, I work from home and generally don't have too far to drive on any given day.

Enjoy the car! I have the same color and model :mrgreen:

I had a great experience with Town Center, although I was expecting the worst. There is only one salesman to go to there. His name is Yusef. Really nice guy, no BS, great deal at $2K down and $199 per month. I leased also. I typically have to hold my nose with car salesmen, but I liked Yusef.

My Decatur trip (plus going to work was a 45 mile round trip). Also, I was driving 65 mph down to Carter Center exit (downtown) and then over to Dekalb Ave. and to Decatur. My dentist is there.

So far, I've seen exactly zero Leaf's in my daily drives. However, there were several at the EV club meeting last month at Manuel's Tavern.

DarrylHowell said:
I had a great experience with Town Center, although I was expecting the worst. There is only one salesman to go to there. His name is Yusef. Really nice guy, no BS, great deal at $2K down and $199 per month. I leased also. I typically have to hold my nose with car salesmen, but I liked Yusef.

My Decatur trip (plus going to work was a 45 mile round trip). Also, I was driving 65 mph down to Carter Center exit (downtown) and then over to Dekalb Ave. and to Decatur. My dentist is there.

So far, I've seen exactly zero Leaf's in my daily drives. However, there were several at the EV club meeting last month at Manuel's Tavern.

There are EV Club meetings? How does one find out about these? Of course, being from Cobb Co, I might be persona non grata in Decatur around Manuel's Tavern :lol:

So far, I've seen just three others, but one is kind of cheating since it belongs to a neighbor / friend / fellow scout den leader who got hers a week or so before I got mine. I've only seen a single Volt.

bronsonb said:
DarrylHowell said:

There are EV Club meetings? How does one find out about these? Of course, being from Cobb Co, I might be persona non grata in Decatur around Manuel's Tavern :lol:

So far, I've seen just three others, but one is kind of cheating since it belongs to a neighbor / friend / fellow scout den leader who got hers a week or so before I got mine. I've only seen a single Volt.

PM sent.

I just leased a Cayenne Red LEAF yesterday, great car, if only it had 150+ mile range, then it would be nearly perfect. Leased from Regal Nissan in Roswell, best car transaction I've ever had.
24 month
$232/month...SV Model....(Tax, fees, everything included)
They paid first month, so $5,336 total for the remaining 23m lease term
15k/year
0 down
0 at signing(true sign and drive)

gergg said:
I just leased a Cayenne Red LEAF yesterday, great car, if only it had 150+ mile range, then it would be nearly perfect. Leased from Regal Nissan in Roswell, best car transaction I've ever had.
24 month
$232/month...SV Model....(Tax, fees, everything included)
They paid first month, so $5,336 total for the remaining 23m lease term
15k/month
0 down
0 at signing(true sign and drive)

Wow - Regal had an SV? I leased from them right after Thanksgiving, and there were NO SVs to be had in all of Georgia. However, I like the SL better. Did you work with Marc T? He was very good to me. Best car buying experience I ever had. Welcome to Leaf ownership!

Back