Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaftogo1 said:
I have used several coats of liquid glass that will work better on her when the weather turns warmer and we have more sun to bake it on, so far sense thanksgiving it looks like I just brought it home
Liquid glass seems to be much better than others. How this compare with NuFinish?

amtoro said:
N952JL said:
It took me a little over a month to receive my forms to get my plates. I had to wait for the tax rebate till I received my tag receit. I did not see in the instructions any need to include a photo. Where did that requirement come from?

The Georgia Department of Revenue requires that you send a copy of the official ZEV certification (issued by the Environmental Protection Division of the Department of Natural Resources) by mail when you file your taxes. Your tax professional can send it for you.

The requirements came from Mr. James Udi, the person in charge of this at the EPD. For those of us who have converted vehicles in the past, he is the person who inspects the conversion to ensure it is safe and the one who signs off so you can get plates without presenting an emissions test result.

In the instructions for the State Credit, it clearly says that if the ZEV certificate is not sent, the DOR could deny the credit.

Please look at this thread.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7330

I under stand that, what I was questioning was the photograph requirement. To get the ZEV I needed to send the form (filled out by the dealer), the contract (I leased) which is also the "new vehicle" certification, and the Tag receit showing a person from Georgia purchased the car and titled it here. I never saw any requirement to submit a photo of the car.

Those were the instructions that they gave me by phone about 6 weeks ago; I'm sure that if they need them, they will ask you for them. It does not hurt calling the EPD and asking to talk to Mr. Udi

N952JL said:
[I under stand that, what I was questioning was the photograph requirement. To get the ZEV I needed to send the form (filled out by the dealer), the contract (I leased) which is also the "new vehicle" certification, and the Tag receit showing a person from Georgia purchased the car and titled it here. I never saw any requirement to submit a photo of the car.
I did not send in a photo this summer. It seems like valid registration of a new vehicle VIN that is originally electric should be sufficient. I think they can tell from the VIN that it is a Leaf.

I have the form and still waiting on my plates. Also what about the 750.00 credit for the Port Dock station installed at home? Is there a form specificaly for that?

I found the link for the Federal Rebate to go with Taxes. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leaftogo1 said:
I found the link for the Federal Rebate to go with Taxes. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not sure what the logic was, but when I entered the data for the $7500 vehicle credit and the 30% EVSE credit into Turbotax, I was not eligible for both. It seems that most people who bought the Leaf and the EVSE in the same year are not eligible for the EVSE credit. If you leased, I think you can get both. Check out the 2011 TAX TIME Questions thread.

I noticed that beginning of November http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6758

nogajim said:
Leaftogo1 said:
I am not sure what the logic was, but when I entered the data for the $7500 vehicle credit and the 30% EVSE credit into Turbotax, I was not eligible for both. It seems that most people who bought the Leaf and the EVSE in the same year are not eligible for the EVSE credit. If you leased, I think you can get both. Check out the 2011 TAX TIME Questions thread.

amtoro said:
Those were the instructions that they gave me by phone about 6 weeks ago; I'm sure that if they need them, they will ask you for them. It does not hurt calling the EPD and asking to talk to Mr. Udi

So we send in the form to the EPD for Ga with the info and pic's they send something we take to the person doing our taxes to add to the state forms to get the credit? I am waiting on my perm tag I odered all I currently have is the temp tag good till Mar 28th on the car. I also have the title. and the form to fill out.

Leaftogo1 said:
amtoro said:

So we send in the form to the EPD for Ga with the info and pic's they send something we take to the person doing our taxes to add to the state forms to get the credit? I am waiting on my perm tag I odered all I currently have is the temp tag good till Mar 28th on the car. I also have the title. and the form to fill out.

You are correct, they give the form a number, sign it and send it back to you. That is the ZEV certificate.

Keep it safe in case it is needed.

I would also think that, as the temporary tag has a number, I think they would accept the pictures with them on as they prove that you paid your tax and plate fee.

Not to ssure avout NuFinish, it is more for older cars with oxidation issues.

EdmondLeaf said:
Leaftogo1 said:
I have used several coats of liquid glass that will work better on her when the weather turns warmer and we have more sun to bake it on, so far sense thanksgiving it looks like I just brought it home
Liquid glass seems to be much better than others. How this compare with NuFinish?

I have a question for my Georgia friends: If I lease a LEAF in NH and I bring it to Georgia within a few months of 'purchase' will I still be able to claim the $5000 state income tax credit?

jimcmorr said:
I have a question for my Georgia friends: If I lease a LEAF in NH and I bring it to Georgia within a few months of 'purchase' will I still be able to claim the $5000 state income tax credit?

It appears to me that you would not qualify for the tax rebate. The form, signed by the dealer, signed by the buyer, and certified by the state, appears to require that the selling dealer be located in GA.
You would be much safer placing your order in GA and ensuring the $5,000 rebate, which is among the best deals in the country!

tharcaps said:
jimcmorr said:

It appears to me that you would not qualify for the tax rebate. The form, signed by the dealer, signed by the buyer, and certified by the state, appears to require that the selling dealer be located in GA.
You would be much safer placing your order in GA and ensuring the $5,000 rebate, which is among the best deals in the country!
I got mine certified when I purchased in Chattanooga, but the registration went straight to the GA DMV and the dealer did not need to sign the certification form. But I would be surprised if you could get the rebate on one you had used for a while before registering here.

Hello Jim,

Someone already asked that question in regards to buying a used LEAF form CA; I called the Dpt. of Revenue and they say that it is possible but they need to talk to the person directly.

Give them a call and they will tell you if it is ok; the tax credit seems to be phrased as for vehicles put into service in Georgia but it does not say specifically that the vehicle has to be new when registered in GA.

amtoro said:
Hello Jim,

Someone already asked that question in regards to buying a used LEAF form CA; I called the Dpt. of Revenue and they say that it is possible but they need to talk to the person directly.

Give them a call and they will tell you if it is ok; the tax credit seems to be phrased as for vehicles put into service in Georgia but it does not say specifically that the vehicle has to be new when registered in GA.

Well, that is very interesting. Thanks!

My situation is a little different, in that I currently live in NH where there is no state incentive to buy electric or alternate fuel vehicles. I'm not a GA resident who wants to buy a LEAF from a dealer outside of GA. We are planning to move to GA where my daughter lives with her family when our house in NH sells.

I want to buy a LEAF in the worst way, but our situation is uncertain as to when we can move. I don't want to miss out on the $7500 fed tax credit because I delayed ordering too long. But it would also be undesireable to buy my LEAF here and not be able to take advantage of the GA credit when we are able to move.

Just to report that the Charging Spot in Atlantic Station is still free; I stopped for a bit of charge while having dinner at IKEA on Saturday. :)

I wanted to share a couple of pics of the car after having the windows tinted by "Rocket Science" in Hiram; I think that the car looks more "grown-up" now. They honored their over-the-phone quote and did it for $165.

The technician admitted that he had never installed tint on a LEAF before (I wonder why? :roll: ) so it would take him longer that usual. At the end, it took him about 2.5 hours.

(32% at the front, 21% at the back and rear)

bc35467851c011e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

c154946e51c111e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Back