Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice!!

I'm still trying to decide on a color for my stripe... I'm going for a Disney Monorail theme. :geek:
Currently leaning towards Silver:

disney_monorail_3.jpg

amtoro said:
I wanted to share a couple of pics of the car after having the windows tinted by "Rocket Science" in Hiram; I think that the car looks more "grown-up" now. They honored their over-the-phone quote and did it for $165.

The technician admitted that he had never installed tint on a LEAF before (I wonder why? :roll: ) so it would take him longer that usual. At the end, it took him about 2.5 hours.

(32% at the front, 21% at the back and rear)

Nice! Now I want to do tinted windows on my Leaf. Do you know what kind of window film technician used for the job?

Pye Nissan in Dalton, GA finally has the charging station installed. This may be a nice stop for those who dare to venture into TN and their abundance of L2s and L3s right across the border. I think I might try it soon...

cracovian said:
Pye Nissan in Dalton, GA finally has the charging station installed. This may be a nice stop for those who dare to venture into TN and their abundance of L2s and L3s right across the border. I think I might try it soon...
Oooh, keep us posted. Looks like there is a new Cracker Barrel L3 just over the line, too. If the good folks at Pye had installed their EVSE last year, I think I might have been able to drive all the way home when I bought mine. Had a nice tow truck ride instead :) .

antAb said:
Nice! Now I want to do tinted windows on my Leaf. Do you know what kind of window film technician used for the job?

It is a lesser-known brand, Aegis, I checked out their website and I really liked that it is 100% US-based, US-made, and they only use US materials.

Aegis Films has been a manufacturer and distributor of window films since 1992.Aegis is based in the Mid-Atlantic region, and is growing rapidly across the United States and abroad. Aegis Films is the only manufacturer/distributor in the UnitedSates founded and managed by professionals with solar-control film technology experience.

Aegis Films is 100% privately owned and operated in the United States, and is not a subsidiary of any other corporation.

Aegis has all-new equipment in its North Carolina manufacturing plant, and own properties across the Mid-Atlantic where its distribution and sales offices are headquartered.

Aegis Films uses only product components manufactured and assembled in the
United States.

If you are not sure about whether you want tint or not, I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the A/C in ECO mode last summer. You won't need tinting to keep cool more for the Leaf than for other cars. If there was something like tinting to help out the heater in the winter, I would be all for it, though!

I decided in favor of the tint, mainly, to protect the interior from sun damage; I'm still undecided about a clear, UV-filtering film for the windshield as usually a reflective, folding shield does that job well while the car is parked.

The much improved appearance was an added value, IMO :p

I just got my tax form back - It took a bit longer than four business days but it's finally here and I'm happy. We went to IKEA for breakfast and more shopping, charged up a bit, then to Fernbank and all done in the LEAF coming back to Marietta. It's obviously super cold outside but due to the sun and the lack of amtoro's fancy tint, it was so hot inside I drove in the T-shirt...

Did anyone else get the Voluntary Recall Notice? Mine says to take it to the dealer in TN, where I bought it, but I assume the local certified service will be able to handle it.
REASON FOR CAMPAIGN

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software. Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P."

In addition, Nissan has improved the accuracy of the distance-to-empty estimate when using a smartphone or other Internet device through CARWINGS™. The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, CARWINGS connectivity, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO

To assure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, your EV-certified Nissan Dealer will update the software at no cost for parts and labor at a time and location that best meet your needs. Typically performed at your Nissan EV Dealer, the update can also be completed by an EV-certified technician at your home or place of business, provided there is a suitable and safe work area. Please discuss with your Nissan EV Dealer regarding timing and location.

In support of this software update, a new owner's manual will also be provided.

I received the email last night and this morning, the car also read the announcement for me.

I will call the dealer and ask if they have received the "lower apron bracket" and schedule the appointment.

amtoro said:
I wanted to share a couple of pics of the car after having the windows tinted by "Rocket Science" in Hiram; I think that the car looks more "grown-up" now. They honored their over-the-phone quote and did it for $165.

The technician admitted that he had never installed tint on a LEAF before (I wonder why? :roll: ) so it would take him longer that usual. At the end, it took him about 2.5 hours.

(32% at the front, 21% at the back and rear)

bc35467851c011e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

c154946e51c111e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Looks real nice. Since I leased my Leaf, I'm leaving it stock until the end of the lease. When the next gen comes out with longer range batteries, and the 6.6kw charger I'll buy again. Hopefully the federal rebate will still be available. It's good till they sell 200,000 in the US. Might take three years I hope.

I was curious if anyone has taken advantage of the GA Power EV Charge Plan? Was it a positive or negative for your bill?

http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_TOU-PEV-1.pdf
Code:
On-Peak kWh (2-7pm)...........19.2948¢ per kWh
Off-Peak kWh (7-11pm)..........5.8295¢ per kWh
Super Off-Peak kWh (11-7am)....1.2500¢ per kWh

The Super Off-Peak is insanely great. ($0.25 for 20kWh) but they really gouge you for the on-peak. Considering the standard rate is 4.2647¢ (October-May) and 8.6701¢ (June-September) it doesn't seem like a very good deal. It really depends on your usage but I imagine any savings is going to be offset from your normal usage.

-Bill

widgetboy said:
I'm with Greystone EMC. There's no special EV rate. All my charging kWh's are always 7.36¢
That super off-peak rate is fantastic!

I currently have GA Power EV rate, but you have to consider that there are a lot of fees above those 1.25 cents per kWh that makes them about 6.5 cents at the end; still not bad.

We will be moving in a week to a new house where only Greystone is available and I have made some predictions using a very complex spreadsheet that I have used for the EV rate and has proven very accurate. It seems to me that at the end it would not be very different in our particular case. The rates with GA Power are pretty high because of the fees involved.

@amtoro

Thanks, I had been assuming the fees were standard. I should have known better.
I compared the EV Rates to my Standard Plan Bill. All the fees were the same but that $9 base charge the EV Plan has which I didn't realize. So compared to the normal $0.086 rate you'd have to charge ~104.7kWh before you start taking advantage of the $0.0125 rate. That doesn't account for the higher peak rates.

I wonder why they made it so complex. You'd think they'd just sell their excess capacity to customers at a little higher rate than they charge other power companies.
I'll need to break down how many kWh I use a month in each rate band to see if this plan is worth it. What a pain.

Bill, I could send you my spreadsheet if you want to play and make some predictions. So far, I have been just cents away every month.

Anyone using Jackson EMC tou rate? You pay 30c/kwh during peak hours of the summer, but 7.5c the rest of the day and year. Don't know if it will work for us if we spend much time at home during the day in summer.

N952JL said:
Looks real nice. Since I leased my Leaf, I'm leaving it stock until the end of the lease. When the next gen comes out with longer range batteries, and the 6.6kw charger I'll buy again. Hopefully the federal rebate will still be available. It's good till they sell 200,000 in the US. Might take three years I hope.

Did you know that you can trade-in a leased vehicle until a few days before the maturity date? Technically, you only have to worry about the mileage, tint, chips, and things like that if you are going to return the vehicle and walk away at the end of the lease.

Like in any trade-in, you would call NMAC and ask for the payoff in the lease and take that to the dealer as a basis for negotiation.

nogajim said:
Anyone using Jackson EMC tou rate? You pay 30c/kwh during peak hours of the summer, but 7.5c the rest of the day and year. Don't know if it will work for us if we spend much time at home during the day in summer.

Buy a very good programmable thermostat, thick curtains for south-facing windows and double your attic insulation; that should help during baking hours in the summer.

Oh, and set the A/C to work hard just before the peak time start, that way, it will take longer until it warms up enough to trigger the A/C again during peak.

If interested, look here for rebates from your Utility for installing PV systems (in addition to the 65% tax credit from the Federal plus State governments) http://www.cleanenergyauthority.com...gia/georgia-solar-power-financial-incentives/

ie: I wan to install a ~2.4 to 3.2 kW system on my new house; I can get 65% of the total cost back as tax credit, and Greystone pays me back $450 per kW installed. Then, with their net metering system, whatever excess electricity I produce during the day, goes to the grid and the meter simply counts backwards to help offset the energy I will consume at night.
It is estimated that the annual, average full-sun hours in Georgia is 4.45 h/day

Back